Battlegrounds

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fin

'Zee German
Jun 7, 2001
Glasburghshire!
The session in Alterac Valley yesterday on Draenor ran for over 14 hours.

I was in 11hrs of those and when at around 6 o'clock in the morning the Horde team fell under 10 players the Battleground was disbanded and Alliance declared winner. Even with 40vs10 we could not really advance past the last graveyard, the champion guards spawned like mad.
Top scorer was a troll hunter I think with close to 2000HKs.
My rogue got out of there with a little over 200HKs and ~6000CPs. (my damage mod tells me that I did a bit short of 700000 damage, lol)

Fun, yes, honor points, yes, faction reputation, yes, but also tedious and very repetitive.

And 14+ hours for a single round??? urgh

I know it was only the 2nd day and tactics are going to be worked on but when both sides improve at a similar pace I can't see this getting over sooner or at all. I hope there will be ways.

Didn't try Warsong yet.

What do you think?

Last edited:
The CTF one favours Horde massivly, and gets really annoying. Undead being immune to fear, shaman frost shock etc etc. It really winds me up playing because undead priests run in, fear, grab flag and run back out. Alliance can't do this because there is always some undead who are immune to fear, sucks.

Yes CTF is annoying as an alliance player. and too small for my taste.

Alterac is fun, but it takes way too long indeed :\
And on my realm Silvermoon there is never a game of Alterac starting...
Only got in on the first day when everyone was rushing there cos it was all new.
Was doing quite well too.. about 9000 CP that day as far as I remember.

But now everyone seems to be playing the 10on10 CTF BG :(

on dragonmaw alliance is really sticking it too the horde on warsong
Shamans and rogues might be strong outside bg but there team is often not balanced enough.

i dont agree on it favoring the horde

yeah but I mean like are there battlegrounds for lvl x to y? like this one is for 20-30, that one 40-50... cuz I doubt ull have much fun running around in a BG with lvl 60s when ur 20 yourself :lol:

blooody wow-europe always lagging like ClanbaseX258 , so can never read about it :/

Toa$ter said:
yeah but I mean like are there battlegrounds for lvl x to y? like this one is for 20-30, that one 40-50... cuz I doubt ull have much fun running around in a BG with lvl 60s when ur 20 yourself :lol:
It should put you in a group with people of your own level (in CTF, that is), so if you're lvl 20 and you want to play CTF you're out of luck because all the other low-level players would rather be out levelling :>
And Battlegrounds = level 55 or higher I think... due to guards and other mobs etc in the field.