Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

...snip..
Was nice playing with ya, did you understand what was going on? And understood why I've sent some orders (me being Squad Leader)?

btw, did the voip work and did you hear me?
I hope it was working cuz I was giving you some pointers lol

Nope lol. I didn't hear you, or I don't have something setup properly. I don't think i've heard anyone.

I sorta understand whats going on, I'm familiar with a lot of the interface from playing the BF series and desert combat etc. The weird ship things and some of the vehicles are new to me and I don't get them. And I've not even started flying stuff around. I used to be capable, but we'll not plug the joystick in just yet.

@ Brajan - you bastard. I want those back.

I've got maybe 4 tags so far.

And got promoted earlier. Things are on the up!

New pc currently being built - should kick ass and be a bit smoother in game :)

Quick question..

Can I copy my EA Games dir over from one machine to another to save downloading the entire game again? :(

you got EA Link version?

Well ... you'll need registry entries for sure

Yeah EA link version.

Copied the folder over hoping it wouldnt need to download the files again, but it does. Ah well. EA get to pay for the bandwidth bill from me downloading it over again

WHats that? Im at 936mb and running out of time to play tonight.

Can't play on my other machine (downloading Battlefield 2142)

You already downloaded it once, right? So your installation files should be somewhere on your hard disk on pc where you already had it installed.

Yeah you woulda thought so.

All done and installed now though :) Had a quick game, map lasted 2 minutes after optimizing shaders :yawn:

Restarted the game a few times, and got all settings on full with 2x AA and its running like a dream :D

Very happy

It looks so nice it's crazy. Made a read difference to my gameplay, I can actually see enemies now, and, even aim at them and shoot. Blimey!

New PC is:

Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz (1066 FSB)
2GB DDR3 (1066)
Asus P5K Deluxe + Wifi (1333 FSB capable. I fucked up)
Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB RAM
4 x 500GB Western Digital HDD in RAID mode 10 (~960GB array)
680W power supply
Antec P182 Case

p182_q.jpg

MB-237-AS_400.jpg

36FloppyDrive.jpg

AND A FREAKING FLOPPY DRIVE TO INSTALL THE RAID DRIVERS!!

FFS. I had to go and find an old machine and nick the FDD out of it since I wasn't expecting to need one. Ever.

what's floopy? :eek:

I got the same PC here at work (for simple txt editors for most of the time :lol:) except of course this ownage gfx and hdd's :P

Few things I've found so far.

1. With the non-unlocked weaons its hard to kill enemies. I can spray a full clip at someone and get shot at once with the pistol and i'm dead.
  2. How well I do in the game depends on how good the squad is overall. If they are not setting beacons n stuff I find myself running round the map on my own most of the time.
  3. Maps load fast, and I keep seeing the "Waiting for other players" message :D

I was like that for ages, i think it just comes with practice of spawning in the right places/joining good squads.

what about a #2142 for when people are off playing? if someone can make lex get on irc again. Gonna install NS in a sec

Few things I've found so far.

1. With the non-unlocked weaons its hard to kill enemies. I can spray a full clip at someone and get shot at once with the pistol and i'm dead.
  2. How well I do in the game depends on how good the squad is overall. If they are not setting beacons n stuff I find myself running round the map on my own most of the time.
  3. Maps load fast, and I keep seeing the "Waiting for other players" message :D

1 - Hmm ... after i got all unlocks i tend to play with standard guns again because they OWN! Seriously. The only guns worth unlocking are Labert (recon), Voss (assault), Clark shotgun (support) and Pilum from mechanic. Rest are some bs toys. Just remember to get into good position before shooting prone or something so your aim is better. This is deffo not Run'N'Gun game. Support = easy teamwork points, Assault = more kills, Recon = 0 teamwork points, Mechanics = few kills and a bit more teamwork points (only on maps with vehicles).

2 - Follow the orders and support your Squad and Team mates. Play as much as you can near order area.

3- :lol:

yeah i only use recon when defending titans to get lame explosive kills :D assault for the rest, i personally really like baur, but need more practice as only small clip.tried using support a few times recently but im not convinced the MG actually fires bullets, possibly using peanuts or something.

sounds to complex to me .. cant I just run around and shoot things that are a differnt colour then me?

sure you can ... just remember that shooting not always is equal with hitting them :P

Mushy try support's Clark Shotgun on titan defence someday :P

ad.
[*]How well I do in the game depends on how good the squad is overall. If they are not setting beacons n stuff I find myself running round the map on my own most of the time.

Try to get a proper squad, if you press and hold T and click you will say "Orders Sir?" or "What's next Sir?", if the Squad Leader doesnt give an order or so, leave the squad and pick the next one.

Once you get the hang of the game and maps you can be try to be Squad Leader yourself, you could always name your squad "teamplay" or "tactics" and you can expect good squad members then. ;)

And as a squad leader you always can kick off the quad those who noob around :P