Battlefield 2142

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Foo said:
not sur eill buy that, i've started playing bf2 and i am crap. Always one of the worst players.
just play a bit more and for sure ull improve :D. I began to play some months ago and step by step i have improved a bit

looks great yeah, but now I'm finally getting the hang of BF2 and playing it with more teamwork, I cba to make the step to the next thing just right now :)

I'm not sure if I should go for BF 2142 or Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.
Both are big FPS n all.. both in the future.

Anyone know any real big differences?

yea

just read an article about it =P

gimme 16 sec (1 sec + the 15 seconds I have to w8 between 2 posts)

Auf die Frage "Warum sollte man sich BF2142 und nicht QuakeWars kaufen?" antwortet Colin Clark sinngemäß: "Wir machen es schon länger und wir haben diesen Spieltyp definiert. Es gab schon sehr viele Spiele (z.B. BATTLEFRONT), die als "Battlefield - Killer" angepriesen wurden, es aber im Endeffekt nie geschafft haben". ID könne zwar "schöne" Engines machen, er bezweifelt aber, dass ID bei den 32/64 Spielermodi auch dieses "variantenreiche" Gameplay bieten kann wie BF. "..Quake ist gerade in diesen Möglichkeiten der Spielerfahrung limitiert, wo Battlefield viele coole Aspekte ins Spiel bringt." Wenn er vor die Wahl gestellt würde, würde er BF2142 wählen, da "..er schon jahrelang Battlefield spielt und er den Jungs in Stockholm zutraut ein Spiel zu entwickeln, das ihm Spaß macht!"

http://www.bf-news.de/artikel.php?go=inhalt&id=740

since u r well educated I guess you understand other languages ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have played BF2 rather a lot since I b0rked my collar bone and had nothing to do for two weeks. At least I can drive a tank now in BF2 but me and aerial vehicles are not (and will never be) friends. I'm still not sure about buying BF2142. Gamin on lie on a radio link and with a wlan is seriously bad for mental health...

I've very rarely played BF2, i can't find anywhere decent to play. Need to get myself into a clan or go over to clan base or something.

How it looks is one thing, but the game play in the Battlefield series has always been a bit strange compared to other FPS style games.

EA need to improve that rather than just another release with more eye candy - which is all they seem to do. :/

Martz said:
I've very rarely played BF2, i can't find anywhere decent to play. Need to get myself into a clan or go over to clan base or something.

How it looks is one thing, but the game play in the Battlefield series has always been a bit strange compared to other FPS style games.

EA need to improve that rather than just another release with more eye candy - which is all they seem to do. :/

Well those ones (like u and foo) that have bf2 but cant see the point in game well, just play with a friend, u dont need to play in a clan. Well ive been playing with jules some nights (omfg the first night that i "trained" bn we pld during over 7 hours :P) and after that time, im pretty sure that blackninja can see bf2 from a dif point.Cos that game really really changes when u play with a friend (or clan) cos that game is only teamwork.
About some vehicles like choppers if u have a friend that can handle them well u will see that they are focking funny, the problem is when u are allone and u arent r patient u will hate air vehicles cos u need to spend a lot of hours in them and u need some tricks via videos or from ppl.
Anyways if u want play with me anytime just go to http://bf2tracker.com/portal.php and register ya with ur nickname and ur pass of bf2 and add me in ur buddylist as Mysteriis. U will see if im playing bf2 and in which server i am and those things. :D

Yeah I see the point - like I said I just need some "battlefield 2 friends" :(

I've played Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat (in a clan) and BF2, so I can fly choppers/planes and all the rest of it.

Might register on that tracker when the weather is a bit cooler and my computer wont melt playing the damn game :]

yeah would be nice, also if everyone else who plays battlefield can add us to your list. My nick is Mulero. Generally the whole feeling of aiming is different, it's just something u have to get used to, and u do that by just playing. Also if u decide to play with some others also with TS, it's so much fun, you really can change the outcome of a game with like 3 ppl just by working good together and everyone doing their own part :D

BF series are cracking games imo, I really enjoyed it when we pld Desert Combat :D

Not pld much BF2, bit reluctant to spend a lot of time getting good anymore, and i have to do that otherwise i get frustrated at being crap all the time :lol: