Bankrupt - Mass Withdrawal Day

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Don't they change the age for 'pension'(retirement) from 60 to 62? Bunch of French whiners, it's been 65 for ages in Holland.

It's not really anything to do with that, except in a way of passing.

The big problem is that the major banks were going to go bankrupt and the governments decided to prop them up with taxpayers money (which they incidentally loan back to us and charge interest).

The entire system is rank.

absurd idea

spotless said:
Brilliant idea. We all withdraw our money from the banks, the banks collapse, investment ceases, jobs are lost, housing crisis follows but it's OK, we're all holding our folding and what a hoot, we really showed the banks didn't we?
Whatever next? Wayne Rooney middle east peace envoy?

Looks it's probably not going to go anywhere near that far. It's more about sending a message.

well, yeah, and i do like the thinking behind it, but at the end of the day its just an idea imho :P

the first link got 7.8k shares on facebook, you two funny boys ;)

Pretty much saying get rid of banks, how exactly does that work when everything rus on money which the banks are a central part of. If the economy could do without banks would the goverment really have bailed them out, of course not.
This is a ridiculous idea, to take out money that is saved in banks would be a difficult prospect, its ok if you have a few thousand in a savings account but IMO its not that simple, you would need to remove all investment aspects to make this effective, no saving accounts, current accounts, pensions etc anything where money is saved and used for investment purposes.

As for the banks charging for loaning money out where is the problem in that? irrespective of where the money comes from, they are paying for the loan from the goverment, why shouldnt we pay for money from them. you cant hand out loans without a penalty for it, it totally devalues the currency, if its a case of handing out free money then your whole society will change, for the better admittedly but its not going to happen in my lifetime if at all!

There was no option but to bail out the banks, the issue is the fact the banks got themselves into that situation in the first place and I dont think they have really learnt from it. As for hurting them by withdrawing our money, I dont think the people that would do something like this would be the ones the banks would be worried about withdrawing their money, if the banks did suddenly have no funds then the world economy will collapse and I think things would get a lot worse.

To be honest withdrawing your current/saving accounts is one of the most stupid idea's that one can think of.
In the Netherlands it happened with DSB. Ok I have to admit that was one of the few cases that its not stupid because that bank shouldnt have gotten a license in the first place.

As for the other Dutch banks if one gets knocked over the others have to carry the burden by percentage. at this moment Rabobank has to carry the biggest chunk. if that bank falls over the other banks cannot cover it and will fall one after eachother. So its easy to say that the Dutch financial institutions will have to be saved because of the whole system that is behind it.

Now I do not know if other countries have some sort of system like that but with a bankrun you actually solve nothing, it will only create more drama.