Ban on iRC for meh?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AnTi

Ðøgø
Aug 28, 2002
Poland
Huh? i just got new connection, and tried join on IRC and got this msg:

* Connecting to irc.utassault.net (6667)
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #1 irc.utassault.net (6667)
-
Closing Link: [195.150.164.129] Z:Lined (Open proxy found on your host. For more information, please visit www.blitzed.org/proxy?ip=195.150.164.129 This ban will expire in one day)

help :( :bawling:

You got an open proxy server running on your computer. Could be a stupid number of things. Virus, Trojan, Spyware, dodgy program. Run a virus scan. Most IRC networks stop people with open proxies on their computer. It helps the security of the network.

Any chance you have a dynamic ip?
It seems that ip was cought 4 times on another irc network, acting as an open proxy.. It might be someone else having that ip before you, but it might also be you

doh said:
Any chance you have a dynamic ip?
It seems that ip was cought 4 times on another irc network, acting as an open proxy.. It might be someone else having that ip before you, but it might also be you

Hmm.. i have this connection since today, and its from net cafe, not sure if they got dynamic IP`s there..
Ive connected to IRC by my m8 computer, dunno how he did that but it worked, i gotta wait till 28th, after this date my cafe gonna have some changes so ill ask them about that, but what should they change so i can connect IRC without problem? I was on the other IRC network just checking if its gonna work on different and it worked. I think it was QNET...

well, if its a netcafé thats probably why.. bet they have so much shit installed in their machines, there'll be an open proxy on one of them as well..
If quakenet works its probably because they dont care about security

Reactions: AnTi