Automatically Identifying With Nickserv (New)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Crazy Squirrel

<b>***** *****istrator</b><br>Keeper of the BOOM S
May 28, 2001
London, UK
Well the other thread had too many different ways and some of the command I used I wasn't allowed to. Probably also confusing to some. So hopefully this will be easier as well as give a few more options.

Now before u start you should remove any current auto identify script such as those in my other thread. Make sure u know your password too ;)

All you need to do is save the utaautoid.mrc mirror file to your mIRC directory, customise it to ur Nick, Passwords, channels, servers etc. And then from inside mirc type: /load -rs utaautoid.mrc

Now here is what each bit does (instructional lines in the script in green). The average user just needs to change the nickname and password as highlighted in red:

Code:
[COLOR=green];Auto ID/Connect Script by CS V1.0
;Put this in your mIRC directory and from inside mIRC type: /load -rs utaautoid.mrc
;Remember to configue it for your passwords etc first.[/COLOR]
Instructions :D

Code:
[COLOR=green];Turn off FILE|OPTIONS|CONNECT|OPTIONS "Connect on startup AND "pop up connect dialog on startup" if your going to use this on Start
;If you put -m in the first server you get a "useless" status window which u may want[/COLOR]
ON *:START: {
  [COLOR=red];[/COLOR]server irc.utassault.net
  [COLOR=red];[/COLOR]server -m irc.quakenet.org
}
This allows you to connect to multiple servers when u start mIRC. a semi colon as highlighted in red means mirc ignores the lines. If you removed these two you would connect to uta and quakenet when u open mIRC. You can add as many more servers as you wish etc.. If you dont want this then don't worry the semi colons mean its disabled by default. :)

Code:
[COLOR=green];On Connection to any server run autoID which will check to see if you have a log in for this network[/COLOR]
ON *:CONNECT: {
  nick [COLOR=red]NICKNAME[/COLOR]
  IDme 

[COLOR=green];WorldAssault-IRC IRC Network[/COLOR]
  if ((worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server)) {
    [COLOR=red]join #utassault,#suym[/COLOR]
  }
  [COLOR=green];QuakeNet IRC Network[/COLOR]
  elseif (quakenet.org isin $server) {
    ;join #ut
  }
  [COLOR=green];Sample Other network -if you use other networks and want to auto join channels use the following structure:[/COLOR]
  ;elseif (OTHER-NETWORK.COM isin $server) {
    ;join #CHANNEL
  ;}
}
There in red is your nickname, just change it to the main nick you have registered. The the join line, simply list the channels you want to join on connect seperated by commas. If you dont want to join any then put a semi colon infront of the line.
You can do this for each network u are on such as the quakenet example shown (the join command for it is disabled with a semi colon).

Code:
[COLOR=green];If nickserv on the WorldAssault-IRC IRC Network asks us to identify call the autoID alias[/COLOR]
ON *:NOTICE:This nickname is registered and protected.*:?: {
  if ($nick == nickserv) && ($wildsite == *!*@worldassault.com) {
    IDme  
  }
}
Nothing needs setting here, if the uta/worldassault nickserv asks you for identification it will automatically send it your password so you have nothign to worry about.

Code:
[COLOR=green];Can be run by typing /autoID as well as the automated ON CONNECT & ON NOTICE[/COLOR]
alias IDme {
  [COLOR=green];WorldAssault-IRC IRC Network[/COLOR]
  if ((worldassault.com isin $server) || (utassault.net isin $server) || (orange.net isin $server)) {
    msg NickServ IDENTIFY [COLOR=red]NICKPASSWORD[/COLOR]
  }
  [COLOR=green];Sample Other network - if you use other networks with nick registration use the following structure[/COLOR]
  ;elseif (OTHER-NETWORK.COM isin $server) {
    ;IDENTIFY COMMAND HERE
  ;}
}
Here you need to put your password in (the red bit). Also if you find another network which requires nick identifcation the template is provided here.

Hope this helps some peeps. Any questions to me, find me on #staff (or PM me) on irc.utassault.net or another server on the network.

If you want to copy and paste bits and modify it to your own needs then feel free. If you think it might help someone else post it hear (clearly) or let me know.

Thanks to Chipz for helping me test it :D

And if u missed the link for the utaautoid.mrc mirror http://www.digalog.demon.co.uk/tony/utaautoid.mrc file above here mirror http://www.digalog.demon.co.uk/tony/utaautoid.mrc it is again. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IceDragon
You can also type /idme to identify with this, although you shouldn't need to with the script automatically replying to nickserv.

This way: download a file, change nick & pw, do the /load command. Configure it further if u wish.
otherway: 5 scripts to choose from, first ones being crap :P

Of course if u are happy with ur current one then don't bother changing. So easier in the sense of being clearer..i hope so :P

why cant u make an alias like this:
/identify /msg nickserv identify pw
(if u type /identify u will be identified)
and copy that in perform, thats how i made it :/

If you look at the 5th box of code there is the multiline alias "IDme" which will identify you to the nick bot of the network you are on. You can call this by typing "/IDme" or let it be called on connect, and on notice from the nick bot.

If you want to just want to have a simple alias like you posted then put it in the alias.ini rather than perform, it's tidier.

I cant get this to work at all, I get all sorts of strange errors , like * /-rs: not connected to server (line 14, aliases.ini)

so I tried connecting

NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
-
-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise,
-
-NickServ- please choose a different nick.
-
-NickServ- If you do not change within one minute, I will change your nick.
-
-NickServ- To automate identification, take a look at this page:
-
-NickServ- http://forums.utassault.net/irc/nickname
-
#suymmatch unable to join channel (address is banned)
-
-RS Unknown command

-

Looks like you forgot to copy some of the code.. Also it should only be loaded once.

Best thing is to download the file utaautoid.mrc, and load it with /load -rs utaautoid.mrc... just once

wow this is wot i been looking for:) nice work :thumb:

now for the next problem, me and my brother both use the same comp, the script automatically identifies my nick and joins all my channels, is it possible to create a file "utaautoid1.mrc" (for my bro) then create a mirc shortcut that only loads that? or any other ways to achieve what im looking for?

Dunno if the forum/site move affected IRC or not, but since its been moved, this script doesn't want to work for me. Anyone else got the same problem?

IRC -> Options -> perform and type /ns identify pass select all networks.

thats all u need to have 'auto ident script' :P

Can someone send me the original version of the script? The download link CS provided is dead, ill change it and upload it again..

This one should work, no idea if it does though, as i dont use mIRC, so i havent tested it.. Could someone verify?

Remember to change MYNICKNAME and MyPaSsWoRd..

Attachments

• autoid.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 298
doh said:
This one should work, no idea if it does though, as i dont use mIRC, so i havent tested it.. Could someone verify?

Remember to change MYNICKNAME and MyPaSsWoRd..
Just tested it and it works :)

AnTi said:
IRC -> Options -> perform and type /ns identify pass select all networks.

thats all u need to have 'auto ident script' :P
my mirc hasnt got perform anymore :<

And in aliases you can make:

/djoin /join #emzy | /join #kaninsta | /join #suym | /join #23 | /join #fraghub | /join #ni | /join #holland | /join #sex | /join #mod

when i type /djoin i join all those channels at once:)

Reactions: w1sh