attachments

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
attachments i dl are saved as attachment.php, its prolly a setting on my comp or something, any ideas?
(i can easily rename the file and it works)

Attachments

• attachmentphp.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 229
  • attachmentphp.txt
    128.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
i get the same as XB. it just tries to save as document with no extension

also if i right click a picture attachment and choose 'Save picture as' then it ALWAYS saves as untitled.bmp and wont open! but on every other website it works fine

Last edited:
Well the .bmp bug is usually solved by deleting temp internet files in IE, for some reason it can't save images as jpg when the temp files is full.

Try and clean out these files, and see if that makes a difference.

Useless said:
Change browser to Firefox or summat - none of these probs happen there.

(Cleared but same problem)

I really like the right-click features in MyIE2, and don't know of another browser which has similar functions? It's sooo fooking time saving and kewl..

same problems but im pretty sure it's something to do with windows xp service pack 2

only happened since i installed that.

Paa` said:
same problems but im pretty sure it's something to do with windows xp service pack 2

only happened since i installed that.
Have you tried creating a new user and repeating the process? I've had strange things happen to my IE (not being able to view source unless pages were local, not being able to save any images) which were all solved by creating a new user on the os.

I have the same 'problem'
I just use "save target as" and manually type in "a.zip" (name doesnt matter)

it'll be handled as a normal zipfile after that
btw... this is after a fresh install of winXP

Ditto, just fresh installed SP2 within the last hour or so, and first attachment i go to download brings up this attachment.php problem. :/