Assassin's Creed

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've played it through until after killing the mad doctor and getting access to the throwing blades, then I go to Jerusalem and can't get past a crash upon entering.

That's a known bug with the downloaded / illegal / warez version. Go buy the game you cheap! :rolleyes:

Ye ye, I bought it off play.com last night :fingers:

And besides all saying it's dull and gray . You can make it as fun as you want. I just go to a city and do it like a real Assassin. (for example saving a citizen . Sneak in from the crowd, target the furthest one , throw your imba knife on him. Run in and quickly switch to hidden blade to kill the guy next to him. )
Also the throw knife (short blade) is really fun to play with and got really cool counter animations :cool:
edit: You also only have to go in the 'outworld' a couple of times. Once you been in a city you can fast forward memory between Masyaf and the other cities :P

Yep assassinations are great fun and I love the combat and the agility stuff, but I was sort of expecting something more like Thief, with more unique missions and more individuality. Thief was so immersive and atmospheric and heaving with character, whereas AC is just the same thing transplanted from area to area - the only difference is the final assassination and the way the city you're currently in looks.

P.S. How fkin annoying are those beggars...

After it was published that AC supports Dx10.1 and runs up to 18 % faster with it, Ubisoft announced
that this support will be removed with the next patch.

THanks to Nvidia, who were too dumb to release new Dx10.1 cards. Instead they prefered refreshing a 2 years old technology (G80) again and again. :thumb:
Anyway.