AS-VampireSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Check here to see what he did: http://furpile.com/UTCMS/files/search/?advs=1&task=list&anam=Edin+'Doc_Edo'+Hozic&anax=1

I'm trying to get a hold of him & letting him know what is happening. I got a few contacts that worked with him when he did the AS mod for ut2k3 & his old forum on here: http://mredo.proboards22.com

Btw IMHO, I don't think he'd mind if another version was done, but just like any other changes done to any other map, giving credit to whom it's due is always the safe & sure way of keeping out of trouble. ;)

Last edited:
good thing to edit the map but imo you didn't really fix it... still lot's of anoying things in the map

-playerstarts are still directed in every direction xcept the good one
-the jumppad was cool to use, now you deleted the the abilety to jump better delete the whole thingy
-still way to much healthpacks floting in mid-air
-map is pure minibased, it's really everywhere to find
-last dark tunnel should have a bit more light imo

like i said, i think is good to fix a map, the league needs new maps and i really apriciate your work, it's better to learn ued then moan about maps. so good job, but the the map needs loads of fixes still

Reactions: Cratos
thats why i ask for feedback
i'll have a look into it
where should i remove the mini and what weapon instead of minigun? imo the mini @water wheel house should stay, makes it better defendable
or should i remove mini for attackers as well? pulse instead?

its notr easy to find the right weapons :(

MiserY said:
thats why i ask for feedback
i'll have a look into it
where should i remove the mini and what weapon instead of minigun? imo the mini @water wheel house should stay, makes it better defendable
or should i remove mini for attackers as well? pulse instead?

its notr easy to find the right weapons :(

well i always think you should never use mini at open fields, it has nothing to do with skill when you have six mini's at you....

well this map is quite open so don't use mini to much... you could add it with the pulse at spawnpoint where the defenders spawn first and after the attackers (that obj in the neighbourhood of that litle pond the before last obj)
the mini is a good weapon for inside fights (as you normally fight 1 vs 1, it is then a good weapon besides the spamweapons...

outside you should work with rocket flak ripper and maybe shock

sniper is always good imo, so

remove the mini's at the outside part i would say and add flak/ripper or maybe pulse, however don't be to genorous with ammo for pulse....
inside you should avoid these weapons tho... they are pretty spammy there :P

MiserY said:
this is where u are wrong lil :)

the sky is very low so it is impossible to launch over the gate as I already explained. you have to do one obj after another, no other possibility

however still possible are mini launches to water wheel or the hatch (already find some which work)
i meant that the attackers can't launch over anything in this map like on ballistic (avoiding minirape)

with minigun it'll be minirape all over the switch to open the gates in Vampire

Yup i would say carry on but add you name as edited only not made by ( that was the mistake franzika made ).

@paa
yep that is exactly what I did. i would never pretend that i made a map, it it's not true.

i will probably work on it on thursaday after my exams.
until then make suggestions about weapons, otherwise i'll try pykenike suggestion. (imo it sounds good:))
could also make a poll about which weapons should be used and where but I doubt that I reach enough ppl. well anyways
thx for ur critics :)

1) i think you can launch here too be honest (1st & 2nd objective), so some minigun would be ok (just no ammo ;))
2) why not make some sort of snipernest (teleport to it n turning back :devil: ) n give attackers a sniper...

ok i have already finished the new beta and tried to fullfill your wishes.
plz scroll to the top to see the new change list and the updated file.
but be sure not to erase your Beta2 because I do not know if the version on public servers will appear, means if it makes sense to upload every week a new beta and annoying the people.

first i want to know again what u think about the beta :)

Reactions: Shinon`
gj misery, looks better imo... playtesting should give an good overview how it plays, still got some small things...

-the tunneltrigger isn't teambased, when you walk through it as an defender you get the message aswell just attach a teamtrigger i would say
-near the hatch the 2 health thingys are bot placed quite crap, 1 is half burried in the wall while other is floating in the air
-that teleporter to the roof is a nice idea, it is only a bit bugged, you have to walk from the fireplace site into it, it won't work very well from the other side i think it has somthing to do with the radius
- in the last defenders spawn you placed the weapons on those beds, quite annoying to pick them up, and those weapons are placed at the backside of that tiny room, while the playerstarts are placed in front, forcing you to walk back first
-this is also at the baricade spawn from the attackers. Move the weapons a bit in front or the playerstarts a bit more back

didn't find much else, keep up the good work

I think the spring board should still "spring". ;)

Btw, I was able to get Doc_EDo via another player who happens to live in the same town as he does! What I got from the convo was that it's fine to do another version of it & as long as things are to be done like what was said, then no probs.

Can't wait till the final new version is finally done. :D

so new beta released with little changes, scroll to the top to see what is changed in this version.

@pykenike: i had no problem entering the teleport, doesnt matter from which side i tried, it worked perfectly.
but i increased the radius, as you said.

@flatus:
thx for your help :) doc edo can contact me if he wants, just easy via email: [email protected]
and he finds the latest version of his map of course here.
if anything doesnt suit him, he shall just give me a note and then we can surely solve it together :)

map is better and better :)

still a few thingy's
-the warning message in the tunnel is now teambased but will be triggered twice when you walk trough..
-the teleporter works fine but the teleporter on the roof can still be used by attackers
-healthpacks near switch still floating in the air
-that weaponplacement for attack near baricade is better but i would like to see the ammo a bit further from eachother. now you easily take all ammo (expecially a noob like me) :P
-it's quite spammy after the gate, (first pure pulse spam and inside you can barely take last obj)
maybe add a shieldbelt just behind the door (that needs to be opened) not in the last attackersspawn because def can use that otherwise when attack needs to destroy that door

that's it so far :)

thx for your feedback m8 :)

i will do it on thursday probably.

I put two triggers in, so defenders dont miss message but probably you are right, that one time is enough.

The teleporter on roof is not protected, because I think its useless, why should an attacker take the teleport on roof down to the house? But np I'll do it.

I already thought that the ammo is too close to each other, I will fix that aswell.

The shield is maybe a good idea, although I dont see a problem getting the last objective. But have in mind that the defenders will get the shield probably first, as you destroy the door lock but there will be still a few defenders alive,who can take the shield before attackers can reach it.
But anyways it sounds good, because it respawns and gives more action. I know that the part after hatch will be spammy but thats okay. First you have no spam, then a little spam, but no chokepoint.

lol took longer than I thought but here is the new beta :)
just little changes, nothing new actually, just a little bit precision work.
scroll to the top, to see what is changed.

hope u'll enjoy it :)

because you come there with either pulse either minigun.. and i find it kinda hard to destroy it, i takes some time... kinda hard to get it in one time.. especially with Defenders spawning there :o