AS-VampireSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MiserY

Aug 25, 2002
AS-VampireSE_Beta5*Update*

Hello all :wave:

(Attention, new beta is finished!)

I almost finished my work with AS-VampireSE. Many of u know probably AS-Vampire from US-Servers or Instaservers.
However the league is short on new maps, so I decided to edit one (because I am too stupid and too lazy to build one), which has the potential to become a very good assault map, at least in my eyes.
The problem with AS-Vampire is that it is almost undefendable and maybe too quick. Hopefully I fixed that problem successfully. At least it's not too spammy and hasnt got any narrow tunnels or suckage respawnpoints. Because from that kind we have already enough maps I think.
I know that some ppl h8 the old version but a little bit weapon replacement and it plays completely better.
Now for example it is possible to organize the defense and avoid chaos.

So whats new?

- All kind of disturbing animals have been removed
- The health of the barricade has been decreased
- Warning Message if attackers go through the tunnel
- Warning message does not anymore appear if the defenders touch the trigger [Beta4 Fix]
- Fixed the warning message trigger [Beta5 Fix]
- A few health packs have been removed
- more health packs have been removed [Beta3 Fix]
- Location of some health packs has been changed
- Added a few health vitals in the narrow, dark tunnel @end
- the dark tunnel is now enlightened [Beta3 Fix]
- A shieldbelt is placed in the water by the water wheel house
- Minigun + 2 ammo packs have been replaced by a Flak + 2 flak packs in the middle of the map for defenders [Beta3 Fix]
- Minigun + 2 ammo packs have been replaced by a pulse + 3 pulse packs by the water wheel house for defenders [Beta3 Fix]
- A sniper ammo package is now in the water wheel house [Beta3 Fix]
- Shieldbelt on the hill is replaced by an armor
- Armor on the first hill has been removed
- Sniper + 2 sniper packs are now downstairs in the house where defenders respawn, on the roof remains only 1 sniper pack [Beta3 Fix]
- Tigh pads are now located on the roof for the sniper [Beta4 Fix]
- Defenders have now a teleporter which teleports them on the roof easily and back (ur "sniper nest" sausje) [Beta3 Fix]
- Fixed a teleporter bug [Beta4 Fix]
- Attackers now get killed if they try to enter the teleporter [Beta4 Fix]
- Attackers cannot enter the teleporter on the roof anymore [Beta5 Fix]
- There is more time until the hatch will open after water wheel has been completed ~ 10 seconds
- Added minigun + ammo for defenders and attackers at the lake
- Jumppad, which the attackers could use is now completely removed [Beta3 Fix]
- Attackers have now instead of a minigun at start a sniper + 3 sniper packs [Beta3 Fix]
- Direction of playerstarts have been fixed [Beta3 Fix] (If not so plz tell me exactly where they are still wrong for example first attackers spawn, third defender spawn etc.)
- Added 2 shock cores and 2 rocket packs near the hatch for defenders [Beta3 Fix]
- The health of the door has been increased
- Added shock for defenders at final objective
- Location of some ammo has been changed
- The health of the final objective has been increased
- disturbing furnitures have been removed [Beta3 Fix]
- Improved weapon/pickup placement [Beta4 Fix]
- Further improved weapon/pickup placement [Beta5 Fix]

dunno if it makes sence to upload it to a public server,people could get annoyed if they have to download the map every week, we'll if u see it, vote it :)

Attachments

• AS-VampireSE_Beta5.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: Nanko and Cratos
always thought this map was great. I recall last time someone edited it there was some sort of trouble with the original creator of the map? Is that handled this time?

well it is hmm lets say yes.
i wrote a mail to the authors mail adress but (as I expected) the mail addy doesnt exist anymore.
since this map is almost 4 years old I doubt that the autor will care.
And of course he is still the author just added an edited by.

i dont think that this will be a problem, even if the author would find out ( what i dont believe) that i edited it cause i did not stole his work, it is still his work.

MiserY said:
- Minigun + 2 ammo packs added in the middle of the map for defenders
- Minigun + 2 ammo packs added by the water wheel house for defenders

don´t need to test it...cause u f00ked the map now totally with that

....why doesn´t GRZ (the mapmaster) put any minigun in Golgo2 ? :rolleyes:

IMO: why don´t we start to put the heavy minguns from riverbed2 in every map....
6 on the def and 6 on the attack side
.....if every1 wants to play with miniguns and a netspeed of 5000 :eyeroll:

sorry missy...i don´t want to spoil u work...but we have enough minishit-maps in the league atm
plz think about to place some other weapons in the map

my 2 cents

hmm didnt know about the other editing
well i sent him a pm but as his last activity is logged on april 2004 i doubt he will get it.
his mapping homepage doesnt exist also so thre is nothing more i can do.
but as I understand the thread right he allows it anyways,he was just angry that she told that it is her map?
of course i left the author like it was cuz doc is the owner of the map
so i guess it's ok.

about the mini:
as I said the weapon choice is totally variable, no problem to remove or add weapons.
but i need more feedback, more opinions of the ppl,what they think about that

@snuggs: i doubt that minigun will have so strong effects but online testing will show it, if its really that worse, we can remove it. (or add a pulse for example)
Just thought a minigun for def would making defending easier, better to organize.
like in ballistic, an area outside with mini.
we'll see

well, on the ball start, it is very open and u can launch over the main gate obj... in this, u will have a minirape all over the whole first part of the map, and attackers can't do anything about it... :\

Snuggs said:
sorry missy...i don´t want to spoil u work...but we have enough minishit-maps in the league atm
plz think about to place some other weapons in the map

my 2 cents
dont blame the Maps !!! Its just a well known ut-Bug ;)

ROFL @ removing the minigun instead of using TIW ;)

this is where u are wrong lil :)

the sky is very low so it is impossible to launch over the gate as I already explained. you have to do one obj after another, no other possibility

however still possible are mini launches to water wheel or the hatch (already find some which work)

there is no way Doc Edo would let you edit that map he is still active online and he would not deffinatly NOT let you do it as he used to hate this league with a passion ... i dont agree with editing other peoples work without permission but if you tried and failed then atleast you tried ... but dont be suprised if he appears and kicks up a fuss ...

Rich

duh? he hates the league? because of the unauthorisated editing?
its been over 2 years, i doubt he will care about this
yeah i tried all contact possibilities I have, if some1 other has his valid email adress or icq or whatever then i would be pleased if i could get it so i can ask him

Actually I really like that there still are ppl that put some work into maps. Since he tried to contact the author everything is ok. So we should give it a fair try ;)

Rich said:
there is no way Doc Edo would let you edit that map he is still active online and he would not deffinatly NOT let you do it as he used to hate this league with a passion ... i dont agree with editing other peoples work without permission but if you tried and failed then atleast you tried ... but dont be suprised if he appears and kicks up a fuss ...

Rich

Rich ain't joking about Doc, i wouldn't wanna bet on the fact he appears and kicks up a fuss

@sausje
as i said its deactivated

and if doc shows up and has something against that, then i have no problem with it. i can also remove the addition "edited by" so that just his name is shown; no problem with that.
Well we will see if he appears. I cant contact him so there is nothing I can do:( and I doubt that someone has a valid email adress or something ? (maybe the damit ppl?)

btw if there are enough ppl i would like to do some testing, means playing it a few times (6vs6)
(already had a few tests but not enought I think)

lol well to give the attackers a better chance to defend the door/ organize the def. i mean the part is spam (short respawnpoints) but attackers have enough possibilities (for example getting rl or shock from the house and spamming the cave)
the jumpad makes it just too chaotic