as vampire for ias?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

omerta

May 31, 2002
how about adding as vampire to the list of maps available for insta assault? its been a while since i played it, but its a decent map, i think. pretty simple, spawn points ok etc.
no idea how it plays in std, with weapon placement / balance or whatever, but for ias its at least as good as some of the maps, and it would be nice to have some new scenery! ;)
maybe there is a problem with the author or something..? i dont know.
anyway, what do you think?

»Player~63« said:
it wont be added to the league as it was crap for standard and pro wars to spammy :(

ye sure its spammy but at least better than astheno guardia or rival

It was discussed several times before.
Now with less than ever active clans in insta youre trying to prevent the ladder from dying within 6 months with AS-Vampire ? :nono:

@ terry. who cares if it is good for std or pro. :P thats not my point. there are plenty of maps that are shit for insta but theyre still in the pool to choose from. id rather play vampire than any of the guardias or asthenos. at least its not just shooting down a tunnel for 10 mins. is it not possible to have different map pools for different game types?
@ sobo. i dont know which post you are reading. "trying to prevent the ladder from dying within 6 months with AS-Vampire?" er... im only suggesting adding a map. :rofl:
and btw im not saying this is a fucking awesome map or something, just that it would be somewhere different to dodge about and shoot. ie insta.
if people dont like it they wont pick it anyway.

omerta said:
if people dont like it they wont pick it anyway.
thats been said a lot of times, but mabye theres also been some technical point as to why to not add it. I dont know. (ie only insta)

I am totally with omerta and agree with all the explanations he gave as argument. I say add AS-Vampire last revision (its SecondEdition or smthg).

The only good reason I see not to put a map in league is if it has a major bug, crash or exploit. This map has been played for years now on publics and to me it seems like it was done for insta.

Now I am scared by the lack of judgement in reactions ppl posted here, most of them are giving bad excuses anywayz. Get a brain doh :rolleyes:

Weirdo if I understand right ur post link, the League Independant Map Booking System (LIMBS) is up and running, then what are we waiting for to enter such a good map in the insta league to begin with?

Last edited: