AS-Tydium

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I don't see why people think that getting the key is a pain, since it's not a necessary objective (maybe _that_ needs to be fixed?)

Just fix the build of the map first :P Tired of rock sliding to my death.

I most definately don't mind ppl making maps (heck, I even try it myself :P)... but we need to start really thinking (and voting!) about whether or not maps should hit the league!

RocketCommandSE never had a vote did it?
and afaik there's a few more that're still in the queue :P

note: and ppl should only vote after having played it 6on6 (not on publics obviously... just like it would be in a real match.... thus in a friendly)

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]I don't see why people think that getting the key is a pain, since it's not a necessary objective (maybe _that_ needs to be fixed?)

Just fix the build of the map first :P Tired of rock sliding to my death.[/QUOTE]

well the run to the outside part (the hole) is almost the same length for attackers and defenders, people will spam this part like hell, and when they are trough, they will meet the same defender 2 or 3 times.
trying to launch will not be very effective as defenders can snipe from the warhouse and from the centre castle...

oh and about the rocksliding... just don't rockslide, your just a much easier target.

i can give a lot more suggestions which will improve gameplay (see my post on page 5 for that) and i will explane why every change is made if you ask me..

i also made this post that i am (as a lot of people) are so them tired of the standard maps. i mean, DFP server has some nice potential other maps, still people vote only for bridge, golgo, riv1 and riv3 ballistic and sometimes, deso, autorip astroAL mazon and rook.
and that's pretty much it. i mean cmon, don't you guys get bored of these :o

Im all for new maps :)
What i dont like is when a modified version of one we allready have gets added instead of an original new map :(
Geko and Snowdunes imo is worthy of the league ,and the excuse ov it was on dfp server and nobody wanted to play it doesnt cut with me as theres many maps i dont wanna play on pubs (bridge,astheno,guardia,oceanfloor to name a few) and there in the league maplist.
I reckon if there league material they should be introduced and if folk moan bout too big a maplist then drop guardia,guardiaAL,oceanfloorAL as they just waste space anyways imo :P and that gives us room for better maps too be allowed as 4 sure geko and snowdunes pwns guardia and guardia AL and oceanfloorAL and i reckon majority would agree on this,allthough you will get a few whinging peepz that dont like change.

P.S Everthing else has moved with the times since i started playing in this league its about time the maplist got a revamp aswell :D

Last edited:
apparently the def needs another weapon than minigun to start with or it will become too spammy. a less spammy weapon like the sniper rifle to replace or add to the weapon pool there would be nice.
Id rather have a large lift in the last room than boots, large and slow enough to allow for some fighting ON it :D
I also think it should be tested 6v6 and not 3v3 on publics with 50% not knowing the layout/weapons.

sobo said:
apparently the def needs another weapon than minigun to start with or it will become too spammy. a less spammy weapon like the sniper rifle to replace or add to the weapon pool there would be nice.
Id rather have a large lift in the last room than boots, large and slow enough to allow for some fighting ON it :D
I also think it should be tested 6v6 and not 3v3 on publics with 50% not knowing the layout/weapons.

well i agree with you about the weapons. my planning was to put a pulse gun in the right hallway of the def spawnplace (around the middle of this hallway) and in the other hallway i would like to place the rocketlauncher (in the middle aswell. i could sepprate the 2 ways from eachoter with a simple wall, this would force defence into 1 hallway, so half of deff has "mini+pulse" and other half of deff has "rocket+mini" + the weapon that they can grap where they spawn e.a. biogun at warhouse
(i think a sniperrifle would make defence to powerfull, as they have sniper on the castle and attack brings a sniper to defence occasionally.

i also had the planning to remove the spaceship and move the attackers spawn into the first cave, so attackers will get out of the cave faster, but i wanted to replace the flakcannon there with the pulsegun aswell, i also think some miniammo and sniperammo for attack would be well placed there aswell.

between warhouse and cave i would place a shockrifle, but because it has some distance between defence spawn and the side where attack becomes bigger defence will be less organized (a bit the same as in desertstorm at underground) and when attack captured the key, they have next to only a silly bioweapon a shockrifle

the next obj. "cavedoors are opening" has a much smaller radius now, which makes it more an objective to get, i think this fortstandard was meant let launchers/jumpers prevent from getting the cannonballs to easy (they only can enter from above when key isn't taken yet)
now this will be a objective like the the first real objective in ballistic (reaching the first maindoors, air strike on it's way), you first need to reach it properly before it opens, this will add another objective to the map (i also would like to delay those doors

next objective will stay as it is (catapult), i only moved some spawnpoints more upfront (for the attackers) so some will walk the way round the middlemountain, and some use the catapult

in the pound inside i placed an extra ripper and added some mini and sniper ammo and i am planning to delay the bottom door (before the tydium crystal) with about 20 seconds, defence can adept better now, and can actually use the last run (there i placed a shockrifle, so defence can try to defend last passage with some shock spam :arsemiss: like the heart in golgo...
oh the ripper for attack will be there to rip the crystal....

indeed the slow lift is a good idea sobo, slow is good because it wil punish you for taking a route that defence don't spam so much

i have tried for a few minutes to fix the deathzones, but i didn't find it out yet, but i would like to see some comments on this post though

pykenike said:
so half of deff has "mini+pulse" and other half of deff has "rocket+mini"
Id say remove either mini or remove mini and put it in instead fo the pulse so its either "RL or mini" or "RL or pulse"

Reactions: pykenike
sobo said:
Id say remove either mini or remove mini and put it in instead fo the pulse so its either "RL or mini" or "RL or pulse"

well i choose this because rocket is the most spam weapon, but thx for your fast response, i appriciate that and maybe it's a good choice aswell i need to think about it

pykenike said:
well i choose this because rocket is the most spam weapon, but thx for your fast response, i appriciate that and maybe it's a good choice aswell i need to think about it

i prefer to attack against a def with 6 rocketlaunchers....than agaínst 6 miniguns

since the "launch bug" i have the chance to get launched from enemy

minigun launchs u not really good :P

I agree. The minigun is BY FAR the spammiest weapon in the game.
Everyone hits with the minigun and the minigun cannot launch.
Rockets however can by dodged pretty easily and if there is a chokepoint due to rocket jamming a door for example it can usually be overcome easily by launching/bypassing/jumping

You could say the RL is range limited, so is the pulse gun. The minigun however is not, therefore its much spammier IMO.

So in conclusion if you give the defenders the minigun the second weapon would be the sniper rifle IMO because it is maybe the least spammy weapon and some honorous players will use it instead of the minigun piece of shit.
The alternative could be Pulse+RL for a change because Minigun+Sniper is already in so many maps.

Last edited:
sobo said:
I agree. The minigun is BY FAR the spammiest weapon in the game.
Everyone hits with the minigun and the minigun cannot launch.
Rockets however can by dodged pretty easily and if there is a chokepoint due to rocket jamming a door for example it can usually be overcome easily by launching/bypassing/jumping

You could say the RL is range limited, so is the pulse gun. The minigun however is not, therefore its much spammier IMO.

So in conclusion if you give the defenders the minigun the second weapon would be the sniper rifle IMO because it is maybe the least spammy weapon and some honorous players will use it instead of the minigun piece of shit.
The alternative could be Pulse+RL for a change because Minigun+Sniper is already in so many maps.

yes that's my main drive, bring somthing originals in the map, and as you say sniper+mini is in a lot of maps, so i want to bring some new (not very often used weapons into the map) pulse is a nice weapon yes and i deffnately want to place it in the map, i also put that rocket in for defenders (at the place where the mini is now) and i am thinking of a thirth weapon. Sniper is at outside at almost every place (warhouse, catapult, and castle) so i won't give def that,
then shock ripper bio flak left in my choice

i was thinking to give defence ripper+rocket and pulse+rocket, they can pick up sniper in almost every point of the map and when the cavedoors are opened (but cannonballs are not yet taken) defence can use mini aswell
attack get's enough mini (start position) and the only place where they have to use somthing else (when they have key but not yet the cannonbals) they get shock and sniper, and a biogun for who likes it :P

ripper sounds like a spamweapon but i think that it is more a skill weapon on open area's but it can be dodged aswell, you should use secondary fire more likely

i just builded a elevator in the last room, i think that i put a delay in it and it will move very slow, 3,5 move time or somthing (have to find out)

keep you updated

pykenike said:
well the run to the outside part (the hole) is almost the same length for attackers and defenders, people will spam this part like hell, and when they are trough, they will meet the same defender 2 or 3 times.
trying to launch will not be very effective as defenders can snipe from the warhouse and from the centre castle...
Have you actually played this game? :P It takes very little time to set up a launch that will get an attacker to this hole, and within a matter of seconds, the 3rd objective is live.

pykenike said:
oh and about the rocksliding... just don't rockslide, your just a much easier target.
That's a really crap answer; it takes <10 minutes to fix the build of the map (but probably another 20 to realign all the textures), you just need to know which vertices to tweak.

The point is, you don't even have to be rock sliding to fall in one of the bsp holes.