AS-ToraBora testers needed (pros only)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

detokaal2

Jan 13, 2002
USA
Just finished my first assault map (not my first map) and want some feedback from assault pros. The guys here asked to make one and they love it. I want to know if it's worth releasing on the net cause your guys' standards are a lot higher. ANY feedback is welcome!

You will need the SSmetal.utx textures by Shock Systems...you have them already if you have the Eavy Bonus Pack.

The ZIP also includes a new music track!

Get the latest version here:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=996558#post996558

Originally posted by Sonic
erm m8... look it would be helpfull if you include all yer texture packages in the zip ;)

download the ssmetal.umx here
err, m8?
didn't he say the ssmetal.UTX??
not UMX:P
UMX is the music

i'll check it out...:)(but i'm not going 2 listen 2 music, cuz it doesn't fit so well with trance:()

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.

To clarify: the UMX (music) file is in the zip already. The textures (UTX) are not but if you have the Eavy Bonus Packs you have the SSMetal.utx packs.

PLUS. The pevious post or two has a link to download the SSMetal texture pack if you need it (Thanks, dude!).

Had to do it that way cause the forum I uploaded the ZIP to has a 1 meg limit. If I put the SSMetal textures in that ZIP, it would be too big to upload to that forum.

Hope that clears it up...and thanks for all the downloads so far...now if I could get some feedback, that would be cool.

soz, typo by me :P

about the map:

i don't like the beginning of yer map. I just see one texture, ít's a bit 'bald'. Rest of your maps looks well

About the assault part:

Don't think the first part with the water will be suiteble for online gaming. The water will be used as a major spam point, you better remove that ;)

Rest is okay, but try to make routes in assault levels not really dependent of lifts you need to use, coz they are easy spammable

Richrig.utx not needed in newest version

The newest version doesn't need this texture package anymore. Download the new one from the link above and you'll be set.

Sorry for the trouble.

I LOVE THIS MAP
sorry im gonna sound like im trying to get in ur pants but.....

launching potential - fantastic, easy ones and hard launches
spamming areas - not many but there are some
pickups - perhaps only downside giving the attackers too many shiels etc without making them work for them or do a wee jump for them.

When i saw the defensive spawn area i actually came in my pants (sorry) i love the defence having teleports to different places, makes the map much better and u can laugh at ppl that take the wrong teleport :D. But instead we get vent shafts which is much more innovative and fun to slide down :). The defensive positions are good too - snipin places for u lpb's and spam areas for the rest of us.

Another downside maybe is ....... i cant remember seeing a ripper shot in the map which i think would be good. Perhaps destroying reactors with rippers or any other gun rather than touching the control panel would be better.

Anyway i really like this map m8 - well done imo

played it again another couple of things

Lift access switch - is gonna be INCREDIBLY hard to get with a half decent defense
High Tech weapons drop - if u look up u can see them in the sky before they're dropped, dunno if this is a bug or not but maybe stickin a helicopter type thing there or someting (i dunno im no mapper) would be better.

plus see at the start the main sorta water/cave really big place? it would look more pleasin to the eye with a couple of bushes/ trees around i think. I dunno just something that area seems a bit plane

hope u find me input usefull

J

Nice input Joko - I'll download it tonight, wipe the dust from my UT icon and give it a go. :)

Nice to see new maps and new faces making them.

ahh shut it storm dont caves have fucking plants in them? well open top caves do anyway ffs geez a break :D

Last edited:
Where can i download EavyBonusPack?

I have spent an hour looking for it, i can't even find a link to Eavy's site.

Why couldn't you just upload the .zip with all the files that are needed in it. Surely you know someone that has a site with 3mb spare.