AS-SnowDunesBeta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

2 things fao PX:

1) youve said you made them 'smaller', ermm higher compression of jpg or 50% smaller? cause 512x512 is biggest what the UT engine supports, i think 256x256 is a bit better even compatibilty wise, dunno really.

2) well 2 hrs on your upload, what about mutts downloading it then? with his ISDN :\

nha i meant making them a smaller size (coz couldnt upload ALL of them coz some werre 2 big)

And i dont mind uploading them :P (well can cut some stuff out coz there are a lot of textures which you prolly aint gonna use mutts, i just need 2 know which ones. (One texture pack is like sand and ehm well stones builidngs and shit, guess u dont need them do you?)

Will talk l8rs, gtg

Here are some examples, tho i dunno if he can use m in some Power Plant thing get my point? tho if u want m :P

Mmmm not thius one but this one fucking pwnz!!!!

Attachments

• class.jpg
    class.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 113
looks nice, its maybe usefull if mutts is gonan do inside rooms which are not completely covered by metal wall or something

and this 1 i had to print screen coz cudnt get it smaller than it was :S (are 4 different tex, just put m together to show the effect of sand floor).

Attachments

• exampleb.jpg
    exampleb.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 108
nice detailed textures, though i think mutts is searching for something more like metal walls and shiny surfaces. (not too bright though or map will become unplayable with Opengl)

Personally like this one, bit of a desert type texture, looks kewl :D
Oasis with waterfall in desert :P

Attachments

• v_stone_floor.jpg
    v_stone_floor.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 93
aye, nice mate not sure how i can use some of those in this map but ive d/loaded them for the future n1 :)

I've been getting textures from ut2003 and ut2 the textures look v nice until u stick them in ut then they kindof look a bit dull :P

Jwer im kindof screwed on the network my dad wont risk removing the firewall = no internet for me. I'll start looking at flats today as i start mi permanent job monday w00t. Then i'll ftp wiv u unless i can sort something out sooner, i might just wait till hes pished tonight and setup the network for a few hours...I'm gonna try and be sober a bit more from now on so more mapping :P

if you rar all the necessary files would the rar be small enough to attach it to a forum post?

afaik the 150kb limit is for gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg dem wav mp3 pdf only, im not sure but i think ive seen rars and zip attached too already.

rofl chrs mate i think jwer has a similar amount, i dont know if u could send them to his ftp if he doesnt mind. I have got loads myself of ut2 and ut2003 but only 5megs worth :P + loooads of new sounds, i dont think epic will mind as its still being used for one of their games......the odds of them finding out arent that high either....

I wont have the network until about tuesday so i'll bb then.