AS-RiverbedALse

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

map looks good, few points tho

the message that the bridge tele is gone is at the same time as the original mesage, make this 2 so that it reads easier,

light in the alternative tunnel is a bit iffy if you see it from the defender side.

the missle turret is useless now as it only covers the original entrance.

already on my 2-do-list:

- reducing 50 % quake power and time
- moving or deleting 1 of the 2 "anti sniper camp cannons" at start
- fix lights in the new passage
- adding and fixing some soundstuff
- finish the lift at foxholes
- thought about 2 delete the 2 boxes under the helipad at end 2 give the def. a better sight on the final battleground
(opinions plz)

maybe you should delete the boxes for better sight, but plz re-do the heatsystem switch, its too easy to reach imo and it is a 2min map always with that.
It shouldnt be so hard to reach like samsite at desertstorm but maybe put it back at end of that room and put the red heatpipes to the sides..

The texture at underground passage roof doesn't suit the location either. Needs to be more 'rock' like. Just looks weird the way it is now.

m1cr0 said:
maybe you should delete the boxes for better sight, but plz re-do the heatsystem switch, its too easy to reach imo and it is a 2min map always with that.
It shouldnt be so hard to reach like samsite at desertstorm but maybe put it back at end of that room and put the red heatpipes to the sides..

i think about it

Protocol said:
The texture at underground passage roof doesn't suit the location either. Needs to be more 'rock' like. Just looks weird the way it is now.

yer, i noticed that
some of the new boxes need some texture fix 2

I agree about the heatswitch but i might have a better idea, which could make it more balanced. Make the back of the main site entrance, just like the front, so u've got basicly 2 levels to fight on and 2 levels to reach the main area.

well i noticed that the heatsink is very easy to reach via the above thingy (above foxholes) you can dodge into the cavern (up) without being noticed. first of all i should place a trigger in the hallway leading to that overhead thingy with that cannon with some sort of message like: attackers spotted in the upper hallway

or you could make some sort of door before the upper cavern which can be opened (easy near foxholes) that opens the door for like 5 seconds. a bit like snipernest in ballistic which makes it harder to concour.

just my thoughts

pykenike said:
or you could make some sort of door before the upper cavern which can be opened (easy near foxholes) that opens the door for like 5 seconds. a bit like snipernest in ballistic which makes it harder to concour.

just my thoughts

actually a very good idea :)

Snuggs said:
actually a very good idea :)

make sure it's a door where defenders can look through or can open by thereselfs or summin otherwise defenders can't defend over there which will result in not standing there. now when the door is triggerd they have to little time to walk to that position.
Or even better maybe, make it like the forcefield in ballistic.. def can walk trough it, att can't (xcept when triggerd ofcourse) this only doesn't fit the theme :o

Make the explosion from the heat thingies really a explosion. because now you can jsut hug the wall and almost bunnyhop to the front entrance where the final objective is before the shaking ends and it's really hard to shoot anything decent during that time.

Last edited:
i agree with Zyx on the shaky part. Still i think the map is bit 2 opened up npw. The old normal riveral is to small i agree but this is bit 2 wide impossible to defend. 2 many ways in after xplosion set. And its to easy to set the xplosion. seen this map been defended as longest for 2 min. and it wont matter if u set up decent def tacs. Easiest obj to defend now is 1st obj, rest is just impossible

thx 4 the feedback so far :)

i sort some stuff this WE and try to get a playable version 4 a test on sunday eve
maybe i come to pug to catch a few peeps 4 a beta test ;)

m1cr0 said:
Ive seen it been defended over 5mins and other team needed 3:30 after that

yer

i´m sure u can defend it full..if u get used 2 the new "objectives"

my strategy after bridge control panel would maybe be:

1 defender use always (!) foxhole tele and go 2 snipernest to snipe the bridge and cav. passage
2 or 3 push always trough main tele and defend the main entrance and the heat control
and the rest comes always from back with rox and flack spamming main entrance ....like in the old version

and after explosion:

1 or 2 on the roof...there´s enough sniper ammo, a mini and lil pads now
1 on the side terrace
1 low at flack/door
and rest push left and right

maybe i cap in a pug this WE 2 test that

but i think after the upcoming "fixes" ..it will be more balanced 4 the wishes of most
not 2 hard and not 2 easy :)