AS-RiverbedALse

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
AS-RiverbedSE

Updated !

why the SE ?
cause i thought i could make a classic map a bit more playable.... :)

changes...so far i remember:

- i deleted the tank explosions :D

- different weapon changes here and there

- added 2 autocannons 4 the attackers at start (to prevent sniper camping a bit)

- control panel disables bridge teleporter

- cavern passage is a bit more "open" now

- "cleaned" the second attacker spawn a bit (moved 2 of 6 spawns to the other side of the map)

- added a box at 2nd att. spawn to prevent spawncamping (cause of bigger cavern pass.)

- main entrance top window is much bigger now

- def. teleport at main entrance is moved to a small lil side tunnel

- added a cheap lift between foxholes and snipernest

- added a new switch at top level of main entance (Heat Control)

--> disables all def. teleporters

--> "opens" a 2nd att. route after 15 seconds

i think the new switch is now the "keypoint" of the map..maybe like samsite in desertstorm
the def. can still push trough both teleporters and defend main entrance and the new switch...as long as the Heat Control isn´t triggeed
after that...u need good tacs and sorted positions for the end of the map
roof is much more important now

map needs testing 6 vs 6 to see where to "adjust" a lil bit more
remember...it´s still a preview :)

RiverbedSE_preview

Snuggs said:
already on my 2-do-list:

- reducing 50 % quake power and time
- moving or deleting 1 of the 2 "anti sniper camp cannons" at start
- fix lights in the new passage
- adding and fixing some soundstuff
- finish the lift at foxholes
- thought about 2 delete the 2 boxes under the helipad at end 2 give the def. a better sight on the final battleground
(opinions plz)

Last edited:
the last tunnel .... the most spammy part of this map ..... make it 50% bigger :)

Protocol said:
or an alternate route (if possible)

i already had a idea 4 an alternate route,
but i thought about brajan´s idea 2

deadboy came up with the idea to make a "timelimit" 4 the 2nd spawn ike it is in lavafort, cause sometimes it´s hard to get first objective

i just want to wait a lil while to have a few more play tests on DFP :)

Last edited:
I tested if offline and I think
- these autocannons for attackers are worth nothing (u can kill both of them from bridge within 3secs with mini altfire and they dont even start hitting u there:lol:)
- wtf @ bridge spawn (kindah sux but nvm needs almost same time to go down, impossible to defend first objective for ias I think??)
- teleporter disabled after maingate :thumb: but maybe add a warning msg when someone from attacker side goes the higherroute?
-no tank + no rockets: will fit very good to the map, finally the map can be done again :D

+ I dont think there has to be a alternative route when there arent that much rockets spaming arround and the tank doesnt kill you every 2nd time u trying to go to end :lol:

Snuggs said:
hehe...u can be sure that i add that in nearly every map i "adjust"

i would add 10 of them in frigate ... if a defender leaves the boat he gets raped :lol:

:lol: class idea :thumb:

After reading this thread i fear too much modifications will only spoil the fun

I suggest u make UR map and leave the few good maps of this league untouched :p

Popioul said:
After reading this thread i fear too much modifications will only spoil the fun

I suggest u make UR map and leave the few good maps of this league untouched :p

go play gameboy u fag

honestly, whats against editing maps to make them more playable? everything gets upgraded once..

Snuggs said:
why the se ?
cause i thought i could make a classic map a bit more playable....with a few lil (!) changes :)

changes...so far i remember:

- added 2 auto cannons 4 the attackers at start
- control panel disables bridge teleporter
- bridge teleporter exit moved into tunnel
- "cleaned" the second attacker spawn a bit
- main entrance disables all teleporters
- different weapon changes here and there
- i deleted the tank explosions :D

In my opinnion the beginning of this map is very well balanced. It can be defended very nicely and can be attacked using some brains and different launches etc... So it shouldn´t be changed at all.

Tank explosion removed is great :thumb:

Adding another route for the ending or making the main entrance bigger would be 2 good options. Making it easier for the attackers to get through the main entrance requires making it harder to finish the map in the end though which is why i would suggest 2 autocannons in the lower stairs to get rid of the "stair lagging ppl". The balcony and the top roof can still be attacked with some easy launches or jumps which makes the ending equally hard for both attackers and defenders.

Just my thoughts. And i haven´t tried the map yet so gonna do it l8er. Good work!