AS-research

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa... you're system is quite good. but damn! a Geforce2MX? no wonder your framerate sucks, oh my gaawwd.. use a proper card and your framerate will more than quadrouple on all the maps I'd say.

Is'nt UT cpu dependant ?

Im upgrading my pc at moment 1-2 weeks but i will still have the gf2 for a while... shall see then whether the gf2 is the problem or not

( new system is something like xp2500+ 512 pc3200 ddr.. )

the gf2 will defiantly be the bottleneck then but shall see how much my fps increase..

@ paa:

i was quite disappointed about my framerates in ut when i had my axp 1900+, gf2 Titanium

when i bought the gf4, it didnt went far up but its a lot more constant now.

the problem IS the Geforce2MX... it's not that ur PC can't handle the graphics, the graphics card just cannot push all that graphical data through the shitty and slow card lay-out. it's impossible to force more out of the card since it's at maximum!
there's a limit to the amount of data the card can handle.

and no, I guess it's not cpu dependant like you think it is.
I'm running on a Pentium 666mhz + 320mb PC133 ram and I get alot better framerates than you.

@Sobo, did you get a a REAL Geforce4 or sum Geforce4MX? cuz if it's MX it should be just about as fast as a Geforce2, just a lil bit faster. aka still shit :D

Last edited:
Hence it runs better on my 550mhz voodoo 3 comp than it does on my Athlon XP 1700 GF3 ti200? :whatever:

the term "cpu dependant" is utter bollox. there are no games that are "cpu dependant" if you don't have a graphics card you're nowhere with 3d cards. (with the later games)
go run UT on an AMD 3000+ with 1gb PC3200 RAM and a Geforce2MX
then go play UT on a 700Mhz + 512mb PC133 ram and a Voodoo3 and UT will run twice as fast.
get a Radeon 9800 PRO for that mega system mentioned above and you'll run any game at a bloody amazing speed.
cpu dependant is utter bollox. :bah:

Stick a gf4ti4600 in 700Mhz + 512mb PC133 ram

and it would be shit...

only reason older systems run well with voodoo's are cause UT is optmised to death for voodoo ( glide )

a faster cpu should make much more of a impact in UT than a gfx card would...

@Paa

omg come on! if you have a Geforce2MX there's only so much data it can handle, it just cannot get 60 frames avarage in heavy firefights and high settings.. the card itself cannot handle that much data! if that weren't true then wtf would anybody get a Radeon 9800 PRO?

I'll try and explain it easier:

if you have a waterhose of a certain width it will only let so much water trough.. no matter how hard you force water through it.. theres a limit to the amount of water that can go through it.
you can't just say, oh.. I'll just ram up the pressure so the hose will let more water through. cuz a 1cm hose in diameter, just won't let as much water through as a 2cm hose.

you cannot drive a 9ft wide truck through a 6ft hole, you cannot fit a 3 inch wide cock in a 0.5 inch wide arsehole. and you cannot ram 60 frames through a Geforce2MX in high settings with a large map and sum players + shooting in ur screen.

you may try of course. have fun doing so. but you're causing yourself a whole lot of pain and suffering by having a great system and an utterly shitified and outdated graphics card.

Originally posted by Menace
@Sobo, did you get a a REAL Geforce4 ?

i hope you never thought anything else :D

god what purpose are 4mx's made for? probabyl because patotoes and kitchen trash are too expensive to be fed to pigs, now theyll use gf4mx's:rolleyes: