AS-Razon

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
Hi,

once again...a "new" map :trout:

many know that i don´t like the std. maps
cause of size, random spawns, weapon layout, etc

i started to play with rook a while ago..
i deleted the crap end and added a tunnel with a well at the end of Rook
i also deleted the door at attackers spawn and moved the bio away

the attacker can still dodge launch to final, but the defenders can go there aswell, cause they have a 1 way teleporter to the end area

after some discussions on pug channel, the idea came up (i think mainly from XB) that it could be funny to put Mazon at the end of Rook

i had some troubles and bugs, but at the end i managed to copy complete Mazon int Rook
tho uEd fucked the textures up (complete Mazon was set with 1 texture), so i decided to make it "Rookish"
i had to re-do ALL textures in Mazon :x

also, i had to remove some lil bits, like the catapults cause they was buggy and i wasn´t fancy to spend much time to bring em to work :\

tho..Mazon has changed a lil bit..

preview:

- the attackers don´t have rox anymore (single dodge hammer 2 roof is EASY)
- def has a spawn room now, with 2 teles..1 to upper and 1 to lower level of Mazon
- HP packs added
- ammo spread around
- a sniper on the roof added
- shock added (no ammo 4 def)
- the lower door to final is removed
- the final has around 20% more HP
- a warlord added! :lol:
- a squid added :p: (kill the squid and get boots)

preview2:

- changed the defender spawn building/area cause of BSP issues and teleporter directions
- changed the exit of the defender teleporter at the well area
- added a armour between big doors in rook part (attackers have now 4 vials, pads and a armour)
- added a roof teleporter in the Mazon part (it can be disabled..temporary)
- added TNT here and there :D
- lowered Hp of the warlord (1500)
- raised the HP of the final to 1000 (original Mazon has 500)
- added a invisible amp somehwere :satan: (u need the boots of the squid or 2 skilled hammerjumps to get it)
- added some new sounds ;) <--- :lol:

preview3

- moved the libary switch --> closer to defeder spawn
- added a belt ...err...somewhere
- added rockets for attackers in mazon part
- added a gate at the reactor door switch --> u need chains to open it!
- added a ventilation tunnel to final area --> opens 20 secs after reactor doors
- added a switch in the crystal room --> final is now touch :P
- some minor eyecandy changes

as usual..the map is on Dog Custom, and soon on pug :D

get the map here
ignore the .uz file

thx to xb 4 the ideas and thx to mym and timo 4 testing :)

Last edited:
Looks nice, amazing how much such small changes make a map look completely different.

The tunnel to "azon" ;) is like a mario tunnel haha!

Hope mym puts this up for tomorrows pugs!

Real test will be 6v6, i think we got some more holdable objectives now (+less spam on rook), mazon crystal should be better to hold now too!

Should have called it 'Mook'. Map will never work with a name like Razon :shake:

I always thought that std maps could be more fun with tweaking like this but the problem is too many mappers had the same idea and so we ended up with 20 different versions of every std map, and in the end none of them stuck because there were too many. I hope this one doesn't go the same way.

Could have parked the dropship from mazon in the end of rook and fly over :lol: like the train in nali

Found the monsters now... they seem to be gone when u run the map under LAS140 (practice session) for some reason

Due to a problem with monsters on some maps during matches a while ago there is an option under UT.ini LAS140 section for bNoMonsters check its not set to true

After months maybe a year of being away from the community, popping on irc i get the urge to play but seeing maps still being edited/made, its unbeleivable. Fairplay Che nice1 mate, hopefully il have a pc end of the month to test the map out.....nice1

Nice map, think the crystal is going to be way too easy to defend now though with the removal of the lower door entrance. Just putting 3 defenders either side of the switch covering each entrance will hold the map because attackers generally come in one at a time anyway due to launches etc - plus the defenders can help each side out when needed. Rippering it would be an option but most of the Mazon rippers are quite pointless, especially with increased hp on the crystal, just a thought.

nice combo, but I agree that crystal is a bit too hard to get now, maybe it could be a jump-into thing like Nalicolony? I can imagine some launches into the heavily defended doors and bunny-dodging to get it :)

nice combo, but I agree that crystal is a bit too hard to get now, maybe it could be a jump-into thing like Nalicolony? I can imagine some launches into the heavily defended doors and bunny-dodging to get it :)
If you're thinking about frogjumping, that's against the rules.

If you're thinking about frogjumping, that's against the rules.

naw, was more thinking about the sphere/prom flipper-ball style of bouncing. :cool:

btw: It could actually be interesting to have some boots lying around if its a jump-thing

Last edited:
We all like a hard obj, if it gets too hard - move the spawn for attackers to the castle front after rector doors and front doors are gone. If its still hard after that hen add a small ( 1 person ) lift at the left corner of the cstle that takes you to the roof, problem solved!

And if its still hard after that add a switch that disables top teleport for 15 secs.

But lets play it 1st and review later!!!

Come on mym, put it on pugbot please!!!

Last edited:
X-Bomb said:
We all like a hard obj, if it gets too hard - move the spawn for attackers to the castle front after rector doors and front doors are gone. If its still hard after that hen add a small ( 1 person ) lift at the left corner of the cstle that takes you to the roof, problem solved!

And if its still hard after that add a switch that disables top teleport for 15 secs.

But lets play it 1st and review later!!!

Come on mym, put it on pugbot please!!

Why modify the map further when reintroduction of the lower door would solve the issue anyway? :confused:

If anything bringing the spawn forward to the castle and adding a one man lift would make the map harder. A roof defender with the newly added sniper should easily be able to stop this, the attackers also lose the ability to launch because of said sniper defender, plus auto cannons.

Anyway, I agree it is all speculation and the map might play fine as it is. I only commented on the crystal because even on the original it can be held for a bit if the defending team are in good positions. It usually goes because of ~3 attackers being launched at the same time with RL and dropping down at different parts, defenders being unlucky with the spawns or somebody sneaking it through the low door. All of the above will no longer be possible now so at first glance it does look considerably harder, especially with added hp too. We will see though

Rook looks good now :thumb:

ye it´s all speculation

tho i think

attackers have a shock + 1 ammo pack
so they can launch 1 up he drops down near the flak and camp the high teleport
so defenders maybe forced to go low tele

also, attackers can get the armour in the mario tunnel
a lower skilled player get´s it and throws it to some div1 fag :P

other thing is, i could easy add boots 4 attackers which (i bet) will help attacking the crystal
like it worked in astheno

i could bring rox back 4 attackers to launch groups up

and i even could bring the lower door back, cause it´s still in the map
i moved it just away outside the map, cause i saw that coming :lol:

anyways, let´s test it first, cause it´s all theory :)

edit: what will be next :confused:

overlord that ends in a stretched guardia without tank at the end but a trainstation 4 hi-speed :lol: :p:

Last edited: