AS ORIONS CURSE PART-1 (BETA2) feedback needed please :)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:lol: :p: alreety then :) is it the one that u and snuggy tested out a while back wiv the deemers etc? (havent had chance to run thru it meself yet)

just played it and it is very nice :)

was even a bit exciting to run through on my own because of the canons :D

you should (or leagueAS should) remove the autocanons (maybe keep one or two but make them like the ones in mazon) for multiplayer tho.

(the startrek-textures are btw not bad at all! they fit imo)

question... is this thing any better on a server now? there should be many less channels in use (curious) would reducing the loadout improve that situation -- there's way too much stuff imo, but i'm not sure what to ditch...

many cannons were deleted already, LOL! u should have seen it before :) i didn't wnt to make it too easy - as it is now, i can get in with my squad of bidiots and kill the first two objectives no probs, with bots on godlike it can be really tough to get the first objective, especially if they've picked up sniper rifles, LOL! maybe the "tunnels" really are too small (spammy) think making those two tunnels into wider corridors, having a few pillars, boxes, whatnot in them for cover, be better? those two objectives were intended to be tough, hold-ground type fights -- really, the defenders don'tspawn in there, so if you blow em out of the "hole" and take the sniping post, and hold a few good spots in the area, getting in to little back room is pretty quick... or so it seems to me.... :) ???

this map was really intended for league play, it was too big to begin with -- i have to release this one for a ut99 map pack (CTC) but after that it can be stripped down and modfied into whatever, if there's any interest in it... the other maps in this series are also looking pretty beefy (btw looks like there's another three maps now) i'm findng UT99 assault mapping to be pretty damn time-consuming =P so those won't make the pack which is out November 30...

right now i'm trying to get a dm map finished up first (also for the pack) before i finish off the assault "part-1" map, so i'll wait a couple more days before i pull the beta and tweak for final...

cheers

just remember: the difficult attack part should be the defenders, not the autocannons ;) in my opinion a perfect as map doesn't need any of them. i can live with getting killed by an enemy, but getting killed by random autocannon shots sucks :P

only usefull place for autocannons is to protect spawnpoints

jup @ canons protecting spawns ^^

about the corridors:
if defenders only had miniguns (and erm bio for example) in there and...
attackers had RL or shock etc (which they have),
maybe you could leave the corridors as they are. i like them :D

but i just played it offline.
online play will be like:
defenders try to get flak and much ammo and then they will hide in the corridors...
-> will be another overlord or guardia for attackers :D (you can have some demos of how those maps play vs humans :crap: )

so i'd recommend leaving the corridors as they are but trying to achieve the following:
- don't give the defenders spammy weapons like flak
- avoid the defeders being able to get such weapons elsewhere before the attackers reach the corridors.

some other things:
the end part with the two security panels next to each other:
the layout is really great. but a little bit narrow. if you could scale the whole thing to about 125% there would be a bit more room for the attackers (especially with the jumpboots) to run and hide kinda :D

the sniperrifle at attacker-start with the bullets:
would be cool if one could pick that stuff up by just walking by and not having to jump up there.

uhm yeah i think thats it so far :)
GL with the mappack and don't forget us :nod:

hey thanks for having a look hardcore and elaborating on things ...

Hardcore said:
jup @ canons protecting spawns ^^

...noted :)

Hardcore said:
about the corridors:
if defenders only had miniguns (and erm bio for example) in there and...
attackers had RL or shock etc (which they have),
maybe you could leave the corridors as they are. i like them

good - those adjustments will be made ...

Hardcore said:
but i just played it offline. online play will be like: defenders try to get flak and much ammo and then they will hide in the corridors... -> will be another overlord or guardia for attackers :D (you can have some demos of how those maps play vs humans :crap: ) so i'd recommend leaving the corridors as they are but trying to achieve the following: - don't give the defenders spammy weapons like flak - avoid the defeders being able to get such weapons elsewhere before the attackers reach the corridors.

unfortunately i have no time to actually "play" ut right now, maybe later in the month i can swing by and embarrass myself online =P but thx - i think i know what happens in those maps... especially overlord, LOL! damn that flak cannon ;) that's MY weapon of choice, especially in corridors -- i guess it's a little too usefull sometimes -- ok i'll play with making that harder to get..

Hardcore said:
some other things: the end part with the two security panels next to each other: the layout is really great. but a little bit narrow. if you could scale the whole thing to about 125% there would be a bit more room for the attackers (especially with the jumpboots) to run and hide kinda

ah , that "room" is pretty basic so should be ok to scale and transform (/me= uggg realigning textures) heh heh no probs - could be worse i guess... so to be clear, you talking about the inside of the second building, not the outside sniper zone area with the four big unit thingys??? i'll assume you want vertical space sufficient for normal boot jumping in the, um, atrium sort of area in the center ... so as to make use of those cross-beams that run side-to-side and over the "pit" ... consider it doen :)

Hardcore said:
the sniperrifle at attacker-start with the bullets:
would be cool if one could pick that stuff up by just walking by and not having to jump up there.

ok, i think you mean the base platform of the pillar (where the sniperRifle is leaning ) is too high... ok, done

Hardcore said:
uhm yeah i think thats it so far - GL with the mappack and don't forget us :nod:

don't worry you'all not forgotten - i've just been busy with pushing some other projects along and with RL(tm) which is always the biggest bite :)

-- i withdrew the as maps from the ctc pack, this way i can plough through them when inspired to ... so having said that, LOL, i plan to get back at them (as more or less a group) around mid-dec - and finish them all to 90% beta state (so hopefully they should be available for bata in about three weeks from now) just around xmas... so with the xmas "break" i'll get some dedicated time to map and hopefully finish them all :D that's the plan, as of now...

cheers

if you want the flak harder to get move it closer to the attackers spawn, that way they'll get knocked down quick.

it would be great if you could group the weapons more together at the spawns, in a match its very annoying when you have to run all around the spawn zone to get all weapons. the best solution is always to have the guns lined up in the way the attackers or defenders have to go, see GRZ's maps for example. :)
and pleeeeeeeeease remove those autocannons, theyre too damn annoying. :D