AS-OrbitalDE_preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
hi,

grabed a 6 year old project to fix those issues that cheap d3d users had with the map

changes so far:

- removed autocannons

- added a new tunnel to expand the way defenders have to run 2 first objective

- added new def. teleporters

- changed around 99% of the textures in the map

- added 12 new signs for the reactor objectives !!!! u´ll know where 2 run now !)

- added a new def. spawn 4 final area

- added a new section in final area

- added a new button in final area..opens launch bay and ship doors

- added 2 "secret" rooms, but u won´t have much fun in them :(

the map is on DoG Custom server

and u can get it also here :)

it's Orbital...

Defenders spawn:
ouD2j.jpg

Attackers spawn:
YNZ0v.jpg

Attackers route to the first objective/launching to the roof of the ship/into snipers nest:
qeFCB.jpg

First objective: shoot the fuses.
rKLkg.jpg

Defenders taking the "Dock" tele will come out here, so they'll have to run approx the same distance as attackers to get to the first objective.
VJjIY.jpg

First room after 2nd objective:
LE9NZ.jpg

Same room but from defender's perspective (right next to sniper nest 2):
f4Pl8.jpg

Attacker's point of view coming from first objective:
ermIE.jpg

Entrance to the reactor switches and final part on the left, close to defenders spawn in the middle, lift on the right goes up to sniper nests:
HW9pN.jpg

The split ways to go to the reactor switches. If a switch is deactivated, its number will disappear here and in defender's spawn:
kLtmH.jpg

Reactor switch #3:
jmEnc.jpg

Pathway up to final part:
M8WFN.jpg

Final part. Attackers come from the low route, defenders spawn on the left, 2nd to last objective is the switch opening the bay doors and the door to the ship.
zals8.jpg

From outside the bay doors:
oJ4RC.jpg

Final objective:
lXjty.jpg

lol, I can only have 15 images in the post.

Last edited:
that why i removed the autocannons to make launches easier
and i changed the the way defenders have to run to the first objective

all maps have some spam parts

and remember, it´s preview 1

if there are good suggestions to make it better after a short test session on pug
i´m the last 1 who says no if the pug muppets want me to change the map :D

Cant find it in PUG maps

<DJ> !listmaps
<UTAPugbot> Server map list is: 101.AS-AsthenosphereSE 2.AS-AutoRip 3.AS-Ballistic 4.AS-Bridge 5.AS-Desertstorm 6.AS-Desolate][ 7.AS-Frigate
<UTAPugbot> 10 8.AS-GolgothaAL 9.AS-Golgotha][AL 10.AS-Mazon 11.AS-RiverbedSE 12.AS-Riverbed]l[AL 13.AS-Rook 14.AS-Siege][
<UTAPugbot> 10 15.AS-Submarinebase][ 16.AS-SaqqaraPE_preview3 17.AS-SnowDunes][AL_beta 18.AS-LostTempleBetaV2 19.AS-TheDungeon]l[AL
<UTAPugbot> 10 20.AS-DustbowlALRev04 21.AS-NavaroneAL 22.AS-TheScarabSE 23.AS-Pandora_preview 24.AS-ColderSteelSE_beta3
<UTAPugbot> 10 25.AS-O-MG_preview 26.AS-NaliColony_preview5 27.AS-LavaFort][PV 28.AS-Riverbed]l[SE_pre2 29.AS-Razon_preview3
<vsb> Very helpful Dj
<vsb> :>
<DJ> Remove Siege add Orbital

then nag mym..i send him the links yesterday :)

u can tell him that i send him a pm with the re-direct files if he lost the lank...the map links is above

Last edited:
make the 2nd to last obj shootable (final ship/hangar door opening) plz

:ripper: