AS-MonkeyGrubber

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

chrs star ;)

actually humph if u go up the hill on attack towards the top of the bridge u can attack that obj from high to low, or u can take the low route and go under the bridge and run up the ramps. U can hammerjump of a crate onto the switch, too, from 1 level down. So all in all it should be balanced....at least once all the weapons are sorted...

Jwer will prolly want me to delete it anyhoo, knowing him, and make me start over bah! :(

jwer_NL said:
he keeps coming back though, the masochist :whip:

aye nothing like a good beating :naughty:

i thought i'd have a 'few' beers last night to come up wiv some ideas for 'the useless waste of pretty junk' :P but im still stuck maybe explosives under the bridge (between the main pillars next to the pool)and at base front doors, then have a detonator somewhere....a la as-bridge....

i need to add a mountain or cave for cover at the start (low) for sniper relief, like u said, i would prefer to keep it terrain so i'll work on it. I dont want to make it to easy tho....

are the moutainsnet tro the ramp steep enough for launchees to slide up? If so double hammers could get one far there.

sobo said:
are the moutainsnet tro the ramp steep enough for launchees to slide up? If so double hammers could get one far there.

yea i think so, i need to do alot of work on this map as jwer pointed out so im making it less launchable in places and trying to concentrate on the play areas atm, soooo hard fs.....

jwer im struggling to get anywhere wiv this map :\ heres some stuff ive been doing but tbh i dont like it that much... any ideas?

Attachments

• overview.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 172
Fuck me! Where is that rock texture from? I want it!I want it!I want it!I want it!I want it!

Humph said:
Fuck me! Where is that rock texture from? I want it!I want it!I want it!I want it!I want it!

ut2 as are all the textures in this map pretty much :P i used scrrenprints and paint, im not sure which tex pack i got it from tho i'll post it later if u're a good boy :D

Japster said:
Could u tell how u "convert" 2k3 textures to ut use :confused:

Just export them from the UT2 editor, resize them to 256*256 and then import them into UeD.

If UT2's Ed doesnt have an export function (though afaik it does) just use the print screen button :D

ok:

the terrain is ok i dont think its too flat. what i think looks very unfisnihed is the base. its a base so i think it needs more lights and panels
atm it all looks blue though there are some white lights they dont seem to shine.small yellow or red lights might look very good, or like on a runway to the left and right of the way.
you could aswell put something over the base like a glass roof suported on collums that stand in the base so theres abit of cover in the central area. but not too many of em ecasue i like that the map is open atm and also fps are very good so might still be good with 12 players. :)
the bridge could use some texturing imo.

mutts i got some great new idea's for the outside start part, gimme a call

thnx for the incredible help sobo, btw did i mention mutts didn't do much with the base yet? he was working on the outside part...

jwer_NL said:
mutts i got some great new idea's for the outside start part, gimme a call

thnx for the incredible help sobo, btw did i mention mutts didn't do much with the base yet? he was working on the outside part...

chrs u 2 :) its only an early alpha, jwers copy was 5 weeks old so i hadnt started/still havent started on lighting/textures...the base ive deleted and started again for about the 6th time... so dont judge it too much cos i havent decided on anything :P

I cant get on msn even atm, i should have it fixed by the w/e tho...

@pp it has a railing, its just the same texture as the bridge atm so u cant see it from that angle :P

@humph, ut2 ed doesnt export bitmaps, they are some weird compressed file so i just did screenprints and cut em out with windows paint and saved them as bitmaps imported them and added detail textures...

sorry didnt have time to take a longer look at it come up with some decent suggestions because I went out.
ill have some more looks at it but when i used fly and looked onto the map from a higher level the first part indeed looked a it boring.

The lift IMO is too short a way to reach the base, can be defended easily but aswell covered easily.

i thought it would be nice to trigger the lift active (enable some power supply which also activates some lights etc.) could aswell do something with the laser fence. to compensate this lack of path you could do something with the mountain in the middle (if you walk to the right the mountain to your left) like in desolate at the beginning you could add some form of rock that has split from the mountain and use it as some way of path to the bridge. however i think it should be very narrow and end below the bridge so it still needs a hammerjump, otherwise would become even more an easy path than the lift.

another thing i noticed was: if you walk out of the spawn some metres straight ahead to the mountain until your covered. one could probbaly set a double hammer and launch into the base.. and defense would have a long way to this position and the snipers can be taken out easily (not like on riverbedAL where the can use the whole bridge to sniper from but theyre limited to vary narrow place) Making the rocks over the spawn less launchable would be a plus to gameplay imo because you can guide the action into a place. with launching being this easy i fear it will become undefendable because attackers approach from every side. and the map probably ofefrs more than 6 paths so its really hard to defend.
the bridge is reachable easy enough but the wall of the base being launchable/jumpable is a pain for defenders. if the wall was abit higher attackers would have to use the front entrance anyway so atleast defense can concentrate on the bridge which is a big area already.

also the only detail i happened to notice outside were boxes. if you add some laterns to the road at the left would look betterthe corner of this road coul get a slightly elevated place with some cover/ammo because walking all the way up appears a little hard to me, defenders could use this aswell so it wouldnt necessarily make the map even easier to assault.

see bitch a little at sobo and he can come up with some betters idea's :) thought it might work :P

i made one of my 1337 drawings again you know with my paint skillzzz to help you out mutts, want me to mail em?