AS-MonkeyGrubber

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Muttley

Sep 11, 2001
England
AS-MonkeyGrubber Pics

Lo all, I just thought id post some screenies. Jwer I'm gonna need your advice at some point but for now i'll just make it all look nice and potentially playable.

Attachments

• Attackspawn1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
i havent started lighting/texturing yet b4 anyone points out everything is blue. Heres a pic of the route up to the bridge..

Attachments

• routetobridge.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 591
looks sweet m8
and i think the blue light is kinda cool
a moon emits a nice dark bleu color so dont light it up 2 much

I'll post some more soon if i can get the disk drive to work on this comp :rolleyes:

Hope the base doesnt look to crap Jan, I'm gonna add a few lifts etc and some more z-axis to it b4 i decide on objectives and stuff.

Chrs PP :)

Heres one of teh bridge i stuck an apc on it for cover, i did build it but it is GRZ's design from as-wolf...

Attachments

• bridgeshot1.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 449
im trying various skyboxes too the above was the old one, also i need sound files off of wan and haggis at some point for the end sequence, so if anyone has seen em about can u ask em to get in touch on this forum or summin, tnx. The plot is going to involve monkeys + those 2 ;)

bridge looks incredible btw m8
nice work. did you do some marketing research for the name m8?
it is quite "special" reminds me of monkeyisland ;)

theres water underneath to land in + an alt route up again but yea prolly a railing is a good idea :P I'll build some in a bit :)

Why do all your maps look the same? lol

Not that thats a particularly bad thing though :D

andy aka wan was going on about the dvd's he was d/loading one night b4 a praccy and he let slip d/loading one called the monkey grubber :\ your guess is as good as mine as to what that was about....

anyway i was thinking a plot involving haggis and andy stealing all the planets monkeys to take away and cross breed or summin etc i'll make a ship that u see taking off and the end obj will be to launch a missile or summin and blow them up + save the monkeys from a fate worse than death etc Dunno really but as long as the plot involves monkeys then it should go far...

Or, if you wanna go remotely realistic, call it "Operation: Monkey Grubber"

Mebbe "Monkey" is some codename for some secret enemy weapon or summat.

Humph said:
Or, if you wanna go remotely realistic, call it "Operation: Monkey Grubber"

Mebbe "Monkey" is some codename for some secret enemy weapon or summat.

I read in the forum earlier that u wanted to try new stuff in maps :rolleyes:

I dont have icq unfortunately pp hence ive lost contact wiv all the SaW peeps :( I'm on a wireless network so have no access to any sites either and worst of all i cant play ut anymore :(

I may dumb down the monkey plot a bit depending on how hard it is to make the end sequence, but lets be honest who actually reads or cares what the plot is :P as long as it plays well and looks nice is all that really matters...

2 bad was wondering if you knew some nice tutorials
decided that i might enjoy mapping for ut more than ut2k3
since i havent touched ued2.0 in ages i need a refreshment course.
Especially in making curbed hallways and stuff.

ProPain said:
2 bad was wondering if you knew some nice tutorials
decided that i might enjoy mapping for ut more than ut2k3
since i havent touched ued2.0 in ages i need a refreshment course.
Especially in making curbed hallways and stuff.

I've got 1 file that has everything its an acrobat reader file i think, i got it fairly late after i'd started mapping so didnt use it much but its got everything. I'll try and u/l it to jwer when we get the network working.

curved hallways are a piece of piss tho, i tought myself the 2 d editor it isnt that hard once u learn all the buttons. load up the 2d ed and move teh green square to the right or left (of the square that defaults in the 2d ed) and press the button rotate to...I think its called that then enter 16 in the first tab and 4 in the second u will get a 1 qaurter of a circle tunnel, 16 and 16 gives u a full circle etc

the further away from your box/square the green square is the wider the radius of the tunnel will be.

I'm crap at explaining so i will try and find that file ;)

another great site that answers most of your questions is Wiki's

@ mutts: from the looks i think its a lot nicer than snowdunes and i admire how fast youre mapping; i do like 2 rooms in a year or something :P

hows the poly and node count atm?

sobo said:
hows the poly and node count atm?

poly node count is good, im using brush clipping more and 2d shapes less to cut down on poly's the base is 250 nodes and outside looking from any angle you'll be lucky to get over 190 nodes.... AS-Bridge is 500 from the high attack spawn to put that into perspective and Snowdunes beta was 1100 ;)

in other words i can still put alot more detail in wivout much slowdown :P

Last edited: