AS-Mazon]I[ Beta 001

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Player-63

Mar 14, 2003
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive been askes that may times when a beta is coming out so ive make this one.

I have another one its more advanced but it cant support players yet :(

Changes so far in this version are:

Layout changes {Basic}
Ammo Changes {Basic}
Lighin / Texture Changes
Some other changes

Download here... AS-Mazon]I[ Beta 001 :D

Also if you want to find out as much infor about Mazon]I[ and want to give feed back to inprove come and sign up on ** Mazon]I[ Forum ** :D

going to get some sleep now so night :wave:

P.S. Beta 002 will be out soon after.
002 Will be on the layout of Weapons, Ammo, Armour and Power-Up's

So... a dual ramp :eek:

Thats all I found that was new, apart from poorly aligned brushes and an auto cannon that destroys the crystal for you. :rofl:

I was expecting more from a release, things that people can play with and test (thats the point of a release is it not?). This may seem like a flame but I was expecting more...

ya sorry about that

need to reinstall ED or do somethink with it. If you have any tools or little tricks you use to make ED more stable then please tell me.

The 2 ramps up to the frist level been to be tested out in iAS, Pro, Std + 2v2

So if 2 clans could have a friendly and give me feedback on now the ramps work e.g. if its to easy to objective, becomes spammy, other problems please let me know.

The chain area im not happy with at all so thats going.

Thanks for any feedback :thumb:

played it a bit anyway delete the path to the 2nd cave thats not nicely done ( no i wont do it, and yes i can) 2nd autocannon lol says enough 3rd frontdoor isnt linked to crystal anymore and the sapceship :lol: better leave the spaceship as it was or remove it completly

»Player~63« said:
ya sorry about that

need to reinstall ED or do somethink with it. If you have any tools or little tricks you use to make ED more stable then please tell me.

UED2 does not crash on me very often, it did when I was a newbie mapper. Since then I've made my maps so that you don't get any build up of hom or many bsp gliches which used to crash my editor a lot.

I hope you add some more areas/objectives because its even harder to defend atm and the map will last even less time.
And the autocannon :nono: it shots the crystal too easily.
The water ramp at chains is a bit iffy aswell
If you give the attackers easy armour, you have to give the defenders easy armour to even it up

Edit: I don't mean to sound so negative btw. I know that the map ain't finished and you will do a good job :thumb:

Last edited:
dont use d3d in the ed if you do d3d=crash happy
dont create non-level surfaces sure to crash the engine..

the idea with the shuttle crash is ok (although i didnt see this as a exceptionally week point in mazon1 :P) but why would it crash exactly on a landing platform ? :rolleyes:

the idea with the shuttle crash is ok (although i didnt see this as a exceptionally week point in mazon1 :P) but why would it crash exactly on a landing platform ? :rolleyes:
Because SubZ was flying it :lol:

I know the beta sucks ive been playin it with bots and just walkin around the map.

If i gave attackers a :shock: would it be a good idea? if i gave it to defenders then they would spam the chains and reactor room.

The Chain area do people still use the :plasma: ?

2nd cave i cant really do anythink with if i do it makes it harder for the deffenders :(

i think there are only a few points that mazon lacks.

1. chains are too easy to get compared to the reactor room doors, so they are basically ignored by the defence.
2. the ramp is too spammy (because of [1] all defenders are defending the reactor doors instead of spreading over the map)
3. autocannons... no need to go into detail there ;)

only ONE change needs to be made to change this. make the chains a required object for opening the reactor room doors. while you are at it you can aswell remove the cannons. that would add alot playability and tactical play to the map. (for example you have the choice to rush the chains with the whole team or launch one to wait until they are complete and then get the reactor doors very fast).
might be worth a try anyway.

Ok then since I have had enough of dieing when I can see the flag on bt for a day then I've finally decided to play this so here we go...

Good

New ramp design is a big improvement
Start area looks a bit more interesting now you added the flickering textures
There is some health inside the fortress!
Hammer jumps still work as usual

Bad

End autocannon :nono:
The cave is still unused
New chain area is stupid, stops attackers from getting out of the water, perhaps the idea of having two sets of chains and two switches for the reactor room doors would be good.
Basically the problem is that it is still far too similar to the origional :(.

I know it's only a beta and I appreciate it that you are letting people influence this map so early in the development, however you still have much to do. There is definatley potential and some changes are definatley for the better. Keep it up!

And yeah, deleting all the cannons and making chains nescesary for reactor room doors to be opened would be interesting to see but could definatley make it a longer map. Chain area would need a redesign though because the corner in the tunnel to chains would become a choke point. I liked the double chains and double switches idea, would split the defence a bit and make there less potential for spam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Player-63
Haven't tested it but from others' comments:

Make sure defense has enough health packs and armor, sounds like you're doing that.
Make weapon placements strategical: GES BioRifle at the two ramps; Ripper, Minigun, and Sniper Rifle at the Chains, give Shock Rifle ONLY to the defense; etc. etc.
Make the distance from shuttle to the front MUCH bigger so the Sniper Rifle on the roof :)D) is useful.
Expand the water route and land route to the chains so they are two very distinct paths that don't intersect.
Make Chains stronger.

Just my suggestions. It'd make defense easier at the Reactor Doors. Deffing that is hard enough. <:/

And having a secondary switch for the Reactor Doors like in Guardia][ would be cool too IMO

lift in unused cave to roof ? and make it so you have to get chains before the reactor room switch opens and blam whole new gameplay would open up, would make for intesting insta map anyhows.....not looked at map yet just about too though like idea of duel ramps (hope some nice dodges poss).

edit

ignoring texture stuff as only beta, I like it

Duel ramps nice, platforms round chains give you more cover for rocket shot at chains though could be possable for def to hold it also would like to see lift in unused cave but wonder how it would affect game play also, pro and insta would benifit from it though

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice