AS-LostTemple

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

since si><th reformed! :)

hopefully you'll put up the beta in about three months ;)

((si><th)) never left!

Well I can put up a beta now. Still need to do small things, but nothing major that changes gameplay alot. Some texture/lightning ''bugs'' here and there. Unless some major bugs show up while playing it online, but didnt notice any when I tested it online with a few ppl (was without leagueas tho, so who knows what happens with it lol).

So who do I contact to upload my map to DoG custom or whatever?

ohhh uhmm did i mention that i'm a mapper too? send it too me aswell....oh and add the girls...for the troubles i had :nod:

Timo uploaded it to DoG custom. So if you find any bugs post them here so I can try and sort them out. First beta so im quite sure there are a few to be found.

There are plenty of launches to be found. So dont complain about things being to hard to attack after only playing it a couple of times. Give it a few days and then you can complain about things and then Ill make another version in a few days to make it more balanced or whatever needs tweaking.

Not everything is finished 100% but thats just some spawnrooms and some small things like the waterfall thats aint moving yet. But that shouldnt matter for the gameplay itself. This beta is to get rid of bugs. Improve spawnpoints, weapon and ammo placements.

only played it once for the first time attacking and defending today. i've dl'd it and will play it through tomorrow give ya some proper feedback.

Disclaimer: Only my opinion, feel free to ignore all of this, it's just my first impressions and a proper play test should be arranged.

In general

Positive Points
+ The map looks great and its nice and big!
+ Destroyable AND touch objectives :bowdown:
+ Not 5 million fkin defence teleports that confuse you and make you dizzy (see Desolate)
+ Sneaky routes and launching potential!

Negative Points
- Some weapon and ammo placement are a bit unnatural. People like having a natural movement from spawn to pick up all their weapons and ammo .... see Grz' maps. It's much more annoying running round in circles just to pick up 2 guns and some ammo. (see Desolate again)
- Lifts in defence spawn are gonna get frustrating as hell. If you wanna slow defence down can't you just make tunnel a bit longer? Nothing more annoying than waiting for a lift, especially one that small, think of Golgo2 attack when 1 person goes on each lift and ur left saying ... ahhh fook.
-Something I would like to see with this map is maybe twisting it around so that the bridge is somewhere over the outside area much like AS-bridge. At the moment it seems pretty linear and quite a lot of running.

OK. I'll go through by objectives.

[First Objective - Temple Breach]
The way the map is at the moment the defence are gonna push right up to the waterfront and mini the shit outta the attackers so they cant launch. Defence also have plenty of minigun ammo all around to let them keep pushing to waterfront wave after wave. They also have 2x thigh pads if they look behind them in low spawns. In my opinion you want the main fight to be around that big rock just outside of temple so defence can snipe from the rock and attack can try launch over it. [btw one of the thigh pads goes invisible after the tunnels under the bridge are open]

The problem is that the attackers are slowed down so much by the water, then they have to fight their way up a hill full of miniguns which ain't gonna be easy. I love the idea of the water but you need to slow down the defence so the attackers JUST have enough time to set up a launch before the defence bong them ... just like the start of ballistic with the fence.

Also PLEASE give us a sniper in the low spawn, just having flak and mini is gonna be annoying when enemy can be far away, I don't wanna hammer up high just for a sniper!

[2nd objective - Bridge]
Attackers spawn - could you move the minigun back a bit onto the stairs of the temple, the number of times I dodged over it and had to go back a few steps grr.

You can single launch outside up to high from the statue bit which is nice, also the boots will help. Can get thigh pads if you go low, but again if you go low there is no tracer weapon to attack that long bridge with, could be very difficult even with the alternate routes.

The defence also have no tracer weapon so they are gonna push forward again which could be nice as you wouldn't have the problem of all the attackers hanging back but may also get boring running half way up that hill then getting miniraped and then repeat. IMO you need tracer weapons.

[3rd Objective - Chains]

Attacking if you single launch onto the roof of that building where the sniper is can you triple launch into the sniper window by the cross, then drop down and open tomb without getting chains? The way the cross is shaped makes it very hard to land on the top and drop down into the window so your launch would have to be pretty much spot on. Will also make it a bit more tricky to rocket launch into there after the chains are done

You can boot jump into the chains sniper nest on each side if you can be arsed going back to the start if not you can drop down low behind the first tower and do hammer launches from there or something. The slope on the pillars might make a single dodge launch possible to the nests. Once ur in the nests its very nice cos you can drop down either side or take the risk of the ilft making it hard for defence to just spam the bottom of lift with rockets.

The room is so big its hard to tell how its gonna be played. I would imagine most clans would forget about one of the chains and concentrate most their defence on just one chain and then have on or two snipers. People arent gonna try mini fight outside cos ur just gonna get sniped. Again could you move the minigun at defence forward a bit so i dont keep dodging over it :mad:

[4th Objective - Tomb (and the rest)]

Well I thought this was gonna be too spammy at first but because the defence don't spawn anywhere near it then, well it makes it pretty easy to get with some snipers camping the defence spawn. The same for the treasure chest, no new defence spawn basically makes it a race to the end.

Just a few opinions anyway, need to get it on PUG server for some testing.

Last edited: