AS-Hellraiser

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

sobo said:
noticed something else in 007 (dunno if still in 008):

after one destroys the steampipe the broken-out part is only moved a bit back and not out of the subtracted area. Therefore its still visible hanging in the air above the lava.. just move it a bit further upon destruction.

:rofl: you know I just noticed that a minute ago xD I'll fix it right now :P thanks for telling me anyway :)

Pinny you are doing a great job, this map has quite everything....

first objective is now way harder to get but it gave me indeed a good drop at the fps was good when it was still but when it rotated i got 20 fps (piccy added)

so far it's great like i said. but it looks a bit hard to defend imo... as there are tons of launch posibiletys (crap spell :P)

some things i saw so far
-the big wall is has that warning, but with that overhead thingy above the waterwheel hasn't and it's way easier to reach as the big wall, I would place a trigger there aswell
-your higherground radius is huge.. maybe you can better work with attached triggers at every entrance... because with a shite launch over the bigwall the fortstandard will be triggerd. i don't think that should be...
-when i am hamering to that asbetossuit i can't reach it... or am i dumb :P?
-how much heath can that lamentdoor sustain????? i mean 6 rox isn't even enough don't know if that will be a chokepoint
- just wondering what you want to do with the last outsidepart

Attachments

• bla.JPG
    bla.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: Cratos
Uploaded the map to DFP Server and played it a bit 3v3 yesterday. Really a nice map :D

One point I saw:
* After the first objective when you have to attack up this small slope the defenders exactly spawn in the hall where you kill them, thats annoying and almost unattackable :/

pykenike said:
first objective is now way harder to get but it gave me indeed a good drop at the fps was good when it was still but when it rotated i got 20 fps (piccy added)
Yeah, I think I lowered the polygons there a bit now, should be faster next alpha. :)

-the big wall is has that warning, but with that overhead thingy above the waterwheel hasn't and it's way easier to reach as the big wall, I would place a trigger there aswell
Good point, will do. :)

-your higherground radius is huge.. maybe you can better work with attached triggers at every entrance... because with a shite launch over the bigwall the fortstandard will be triggerd. i don't think that should be...
You're right, will be fixed in next alpha. :D

-when i am hamering to that asbetossuit i can't reach it... or am i dumb :P?
It's quite possible to reach it. guess you need to praccy your jumps a bit. :P

-how much heath can that lamentdoor sustain????? i mean 6 rox isn't even enough don't know if that will be a chokepoint
It was at 1000 health before, I changed it to 600 health now, should be okay I guess.

- just wondering what you want to do with the last outsidepart
Was thinking of something like a gateway back to the real world you have to jump in to. As it's kind of an "escape" from hell.

Cratos said:
After the first objective when you have to attack up this small slope the defenders exactly spawn in the hall where you kill them, thats annoying and almost unattackable :/
I'll move it to the back a bit, or might be able to create a tunnel that leads to the room instead. (although that might be camped by attackers so probably not such a good idea)

thanks guys :) your comments truly benefit the map

what a shit map...ffs.... :snore:

edit:
Dont get me wring...I appreciate the work which the creator did ... but personally I dont like this map, just played it on dfp server yday :)

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Well upload the maps youve made so we can see what a good map should look like

not got none stfu then n00b

atleast some people are trying and doing things to keep leauge and assault interesting

as they say if you got nothing good to say then say nothing

^yako^ said:
what a shit map...ffs.... :snore:

edit:
Dont get me wring...I appreciate the work which the creator did ... but personally I dont like this map, just played it on dfp server yday :)

Give me freaking reasons why you think it's a "shit map" then. Just telling me that you played it won't help in any way. kthxbai.

just leave it as it is... sniping the flag ownz :P

well i think you shouldn't use a easy escape as the hills are ideal to launch someone with a double hammer who will fly amongst the walls...

i would say to build a detonater which blows the final wall or summon which gives excess to the escape..

or build a destroy obj which could be triggered with a ripper so we have another rip obj... will be cool i guess..

or make a combination of this.. a sort of fuse (like in guardia :scared:) which destroyes the final wall.

or do somthing else :P

hm last obj could also be that you place explosives on the bridge and then jump into a gate back to earth.
so the endsequence could be an exploding bridge, and maybe u can add something

just put a teleporter to bridge for the defenders so they can snipe from bridge
of course the outside area needs to get "fuller", it looks so empty... maybe a river or a lake below the bridge? and trees and stones or something. so that attackers can hide a bit ? but not too much as defenders need a chance against launchers. and an alternative way to the bridge of course the big area behind the bridge could be removed and added after attackers crossed bridge and placed explosives. then put just another house in your hellraiser style in with a gate in it, and after 1 attacker reaches the teleport map is finished.

just got the perfect idea

hope u understand what I mean

first make an endless hole (or an hole with spikes on the ground) below bridge, so attackers cannot go below bridge (marked with a circle on the pic). behind this hole you put a wall as long as the bridge is so that the area is closed. defenders could spawn between bridge and the area where the new building is (read below to understand what I mean)

on the x the attackers have to place explosives. to place explosives they have to launch to bridge or go the land way on the right. just cover this way somehow so they cant be sniped that easily.
after they have have placed the explosive a new respawn point is enabled on bridge.

behind the bridge (in the square on the pic) put a building in just in the hellraiser style. dont make it too narrow to avoid that defenders spam too much.
defenders could respawn in this building but make their way to the gate a little bit long like in golgo2.
in this house is a gate back to earth. attackers can launch again and enter the builiding through roof or the normal way (dont forget cover for the attackers here aswell).
attackers have to reach the gate, then map is finished.

endsequence could be that u see the person who reached the gate, jumps into the gate and the bridge explodes.
it even makes sense so no one can go back to this cruel place.

Attachments

• Shot0000.JPG
    Shot0000.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: pykenike
MiserY said:
just got the perfect idea

hope u understand what I mean

first make an endless hole (or an hole with spikes on the ground) below bridge, so attackers cannot go below bridge (marked with a circle on the pic). behind this hole you put a wall as long as the bridge is so that the area is closed. defenders could spawn between bridge and the area where the new building is (read below to understand what I mean)

on the x the attackers have to place explosives. to place explosives they have to launch to bridge or go the land way on the right. just cover this way somehow so they cant be sniped that easily.
after they have have placed the explosive a new respawn point is enabled on bridge.

behind the bridge (in the square on the pic) put a building in just in the hellraiser style. dont make it too narrow to avoid that defenders spam too much.
defenders could respawn in this building but make their way to the gate a little bit long like in golgo2.
in this house is a gate back to earth. attackers can launch again and enter the builiding through roof or the normal way (dont forget cover for the attackers here aswell).
attackers have to reach the gate, then map is finished.

endsequence could be that u see the person who reached the gate, jumps into the gate and the bridge explodes.
it even makes sense so no one can go back to this cruel place.

would be more logical to place the explode thingy's in the bridge then go to that building to to activate them (the explosives arn't activated yet, only placed in position) then the attackers need to escape trough the same hole under the bridge which symbolise the way back to earth (low grav maybe)
When entering that gate the bridge will explode and fall onto that gate so nobody can enter hell again

then endsequence will be a soldier skin in heaven with some graps a bottle of wine in his hands and a nice lady at his side :)

this is also a good suggestion, but I didnt get the end??
attackers place explosives, go to the new building and let the bridge explode
ok

but why do they escape through the hole? and where is the gate? in the hole?
how do they get from the building to the hole anyways? cuz when they let the bridge explode then they are currently in the building or not?

*confused*

the detonator is timed or triggered when the attackers jump into the gate/hole.. ;)
but after the detonator has been set up, it will be a pain in the arse for the defenders to defend the hole :hangover:
but maybe you can implement something like the first beta of AS-FallingDown :D
one giant, long hole which has obstacles and defenders with snipers and shock + bio... maybe ripper too :D (no minigun for either, that's too easy tbh perhaps rl :)

Last edited:
MiserY said:
this is also a good suggestion, but I didnt get the end??
attackers place explosives, go to the new building and let the bridge explode
ok

but why do they escape through the hole? and where is the gate? in the hole?
how do they get from the building to the hole anyways? cuz when they let the bridge explode then they are currently in the building or not?

*confused*

was already affraid for this because of my crap english....will point out again

-the hole is where you said under the bridge...
-the mission is to seal Hell from Earth and therefore they need to close it (attack will do this with the bridge)
-you can place the explodes but they won't do a thing whitout activating them..so jumping into the hole after placing the explodes won't do a thing..
-you need to activate them by a button which is in the final building which activates the explodes..
if you escape into the hole now.. you trigger the explodes.. causing the bridge to fall onto the final hole and sealling of Hell.

so you need to trigger the last hole with a "triggeredDeath" trigger.. which will be deactivated when you hit the button in the building...

right after this you but the last fortstandard with final fort true

so,

explodes 1, 2, 3 or maybe 4 (like in bridge) i personally think 2 should be enough attached to a countertrigger

next fortstandard (the button) will have a message like "explodes are now activated" (this is the one which deactivates the triggeredDeath

last fortstandard will be placed right after that triggeredDeath (which is now deactivated) and will end the map

Reactions: MiserY
-LilFvB- said:
the detonator is timed or triggered when the attackers jump into the gate/hole.. ;)
but after the detonator has been set up, it will be a pain in the arse for the defenders to defend the hole :hangover:
but maybe you can implement something like the first beta of AS-FallingDown :D
one giant, long hole which has obstacles and defenders with snipers and shock + bio... maybe ripper too :D (no minigun for either, that's too easy tbh perhaps rl :)

when it's a low grave hole and you give def a spawn inside with a snipe and/or shock you can hold it for some time i guess