AS-Hellraiser

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Suggestion: give snipers either a Flashlight or SearchLight. I've recently discovered sniping is a lot easier that way even with a map as bright as this, because often in maps one team stands out in a back ground and one blends in.

yeah this map is quite "red" but there are more blue maps then red maps atm, so i dont see a problem. Maybe at an area in bigger altitude somewhere, so without lava, and therfore colder stone and blueish atmosphere to even the advantageous areas out as it is done in golgo: river is extremely good cover for the red team, the siege tower area for the blue team.

AtmaDragon said:
Suggestion: give snipers either a Flashlight or SearchLight. I've recently discovered sniping is a lot easier that way even with a map as bright as this, because often in maps one team stands out in a back ground and one blends in.

bad idea, no useless junk in maps

Sniper nest looks ok but i think the view out of it is too limited.
I might be biased because i like too snipe but imo it should be made so that you can snipe enemies that are closer to the castle than you can look to atm.. because 1 or 2 dodges gets you entirely thorugh the field of view.
how to do this ? I thought if you sloap the floor edge (below the vertical bars) about 30° or 45° down it will imcrease snpiers field of sight.
I think around 25-30° is best though because 45° might give them a too large field of view and a lower inclie still forces them to stand up too look to a very close spot.. so they have to decide either duck or try and get the attacker..

Another thing that con cerns is that launches cannot be defended ?? or di i miss a teleporter anywhere?

nice progress to the right inside.. I hope ideas keep coming the torment hall is well made keep up that good level of detail at this good level of performance !! start objective is better too now with the pipe covered from snipers.. :D

this maps really really promising and very very balanced imo !!!

Last edited:
sobo said:
Sniper nest looks ok but i think the view out of it is too limited.
I might be biased because i like too snipe but imo it should be made so that you can snipe enemies that are closer to the castle than you can look to atm.. because 1 or 2 dodges gets you entirely thorugh the field of view.
how to do this ? I thought if you sloap the floor edge (below the vertical bars) about 30° or 45° down it will imcrease snpiers field of sight.
I think around 25-30° is best though because 45° might give them a too large field of view and a lower inclie still forces them to stand up too look to a very close spot.. so they have to decide either duck or try and get the attacker..

Another thing that con cerns is that launches cannot be defended ?? or di i miss a teleporter anywhere?

I figured the sniper nest walls would be too big, I'll try and fix that a bit. I guess I could make the wall go like this: \ ...so they can even snipe down like you said.

I think there's a teleporter that teleports you up the big wall, and from there you can easily snipe launchers I guess. Also if there isn't one yet I'll make a teleporter that goes to the place above the sniper nest (which is also kind of a sniper nest :P). And that should give some defense to launchers as well.

There's already a teleport to the top of snipernest :)

Good to see you back pin :wave:

Walked trough the map and looks absolutly nice since the last release i saw (alpha 3 or 4 or summon)

CONS

i personaly don't enjoy the fire at the steampipe platform, i can imagine that you are fighting your way there and then sudenly die because you walk trough a flame... very anoying at such point..

the belt, hmm personally i don't think def needs belt, as attackers will be going for the pipe instead of killing the defenders first. so heavy armored defenders are just more a reason to go for the pipe instead of killing all the defenders first... leaving the belt and defence with some less strong weapons would give a bit more a fight i think

when the steampipe explodes it looks a bit strange but i'm sure you're going to fix that, the chains there looks a bit strange aswell, they are just going trough the wall it seems, just add a block there at the conectingpoints so that they look conected rather then going INTO the wall

that bended ledge after the steampipe might be a bit hard to oversee as a defender, attack can walk at the outside of that ledge (in that kind of small valley) and hammer up (double hammer) fill it with lava i would say,

that bigwall message is okay, but when you walk over it you see the message like 10 times, try to figure out that it shows only once when triggered.

what is your advantage when being on the wall actually, i only managed to dodge on the ledge above the snipernest and then i was stucked (or did i miss somthing)

inside looks nice but why is there a health-0-key inside that lava thingy. When you swim for it with 100 health, you come out with 71, pretty useless i think (i might have missed somthing again)

the amount of damage that those doors before the puzzlebox can sustain is just huge, decrease it a bit i would day

when puzzbox is placed you get a orange/yellow laser, it looks like you're going to die there, it's just unnatural to walk trough.

you can walk almost the whole last part at the upperright (on top of the slopes) of the map out of sight of any defender's sniper

some dispatchers are still a bit messy (like breaching higher levels before steampipe) but that looks normal for an alpha

PRO'S

map feeling is brilant
Lot's of diffent sort of objectives
Creativity is a big plus in your building
Lots of launches possibe
good mix between inside outside, and good thing last obj can be done with a launch (always like that sort of maps)

well looks like i don't really like the map but it has more potencial then many maps i have seen so far, keep up the good work m8

i personaly don't enjoy the fire at the steampipe platform, i can imagine that you are fighting your way there and then sudenly die because you walk trough a flame... very anoying at such point..
Getting the objective shouldn't be too easy :P and the spawn point is pretty near so even if you die you can easily get back there. And I believe obstacles only make it more fun, not annoying, as they can be used by both attacker and defense.

the belt, hmm personally i don't think def needs belt, as attackers will be going for the pipe instead of killing the defenders first. so heavy armored defenders are just more a reason to go for the pipe instead of killing all the defenders first... leaving the belt and defence with some less strong weapons would give a bit more a fight i think
I guess so, minigun/shock was only there temporary anyway, I'll probably add some bio/ripper for def and maybe rox for attack. Or well, any idea on what weapons would be best?

when the steampipe explodes it looks a bit strange but i'm sure you're going to fix that, the chains there looks a bit strange aswell, they are just going trough the wall it seems, just add a block there at the conectingpoints so that they look conected rather then going INTO the wall
Good idea about the blocks, will try and make something like that. :)

that bended ledge after the steampipe might be a bit hard to oversee as a defender, attack can walk at the outside of that ledge (in that kind of small valley) and hammer up (double hammer) fill it with lava i would say,
Reaching the higher grounds wasn't really supposed to be a hard objective, and since it doesn't give any new playerspawns I think that it should be easy to get.

that bigwall message is okay, but when you walk over it you see the message like 10 times, try to figure out that it shows only once when triggered.
No, it's done like that on purpose, so the defense knows that attackers are still on the wall, else it would be way too hard to find them imo.

what is your advantage when being on the wall actually, i only managed to dodge on the ledge above the snipernest and then i was stucked (or did i miss somthing)
Look at the ventilation shaft, try hitting it, and you'll see :P

inside looks nice but why is there a health-0-key inside that lava thingy. When you swim for it with 100 health, you come out with 71, pretty useless i think (i might have missed somthing again)
Well, there's an Asbestos suit right hanging on a chain there. And the health pack gives max health (always gives you 199 hp so it's pretty usefull)

Thanks for feedback :D

jwer_NL said:
"It's nice :thumb:"
Okay.. sorry I was being lame towards your comments, I was being a childish shithead. But I'm not really like that anymore, and to be honest I really dislike having arguments over the internet. :( Anyway, if you would still like to help in any way I would be honored and grateful. :o

noticed something else in 007 (dunno if still in 008):

after one destroys the steampipe the broken-out part is only moved a bit back and not out of the subtracted area. Therefore its still visible hanging in the air above the lava.. just move it a bit further upon destruction.