AS-Hellraiser

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

pinhead

Cenobite
Jun 16, 2002
The Netherlands
AS-Hellraiser

Latest build:
alpha #010 [zip package] :: 5/21/2005

Changes since previous build:
- A lot which I forgot :)

Objectives:
- "Destroy both chains", this will make the big wheel rotate and then the huge door will open
- "Go to the fortress and inside", new spawnpoint when you breach the fortress
- "Destroy the lock on the Lament puzzlebox' room's door", this will open the door :P *duh*
- "Take the puzzlebox from the lament room", this will also disable the lament forcefield
- "Place the puzzlebox into the altar(?) infront of big doors"
- "Reach the outside", new playerspawns at the torture chamber enabled after this.
- (probably gonna add a door to that last fortress thingie with switch to open it which will then enable new (final) attacker spawnpoint in the outside field.)

To be added (sorted by priority :) ):
- Ending still >_<
- Finishing touches/details/useless decorations...!!!
- Weapons/pickups ?
- Botpaths! :yawn:

Previous builds:
- alpha #009 [zip package] :: 4/12/2005
- alpha #008 [zip package] :: 3/29/2005
- alpha #007 [zip package] :: 3/28/2005
- alpha #006 :: 7/21/2004
- alpha #005 :: 7/9/2004
- alpha #004 :: 7/8/2004
- alpha #003b :: 7/7/2004
- alpha #003 :: 7/7/2004
- alpha #002 :: 7/6/2004
- alpha #001 :: 7/5/2004
- alpha #000 :: 7/?/2004

Last edited:
Ued? Guess some people like the oldskool

wayyyyyy too big, id say about 3x smaller to even it out. However I'm unsure as the effect your trying to achive. If you want the high roof large door style that is golgotha then not too much smaller. Its hard to tell but as a level its too big

Reactions: RocK
Rob1000100 said:
Ued? Guess some people like the oldskool

wayyyyyy too big, id say about 3x smaller to even it out. However I'm unsure as the effect your trying to achive. If you want the high roof large door style that is golgotha then not too much smaller. Its hard to tell but as a level its too big
heh, thought so, and yeah I wanted to make it something like golghota but still it takes ages to walk around the map, I guess it would be kind of boring and hard for attackers. Mm thanks!

Oh and Ued1 doesn't crash as much as Ued2, that's why I use it :P (I once forgot to save in ued2 and lost 5 hours of work when the thing crashed after I only closed a browser window =x)

I guess I'll restart whole map then :P

can u not just rescale the whole map pin ?? edit-select all actors-scale?? just a thought if Ued1 does it? u can scale it on all axis ( tho does odd results when u dont so em all same :(

I think ppl should be able to just make the wooden walkways with a hammerjump....so that height would be 480 in that case (the walkway hanging from the chains)

wow :dog:ies are the new mapping generation :bounce:
gonna check yer map

Haven't DLed the map (will do ASAP) but REMEMBER that big > spam. It may be too big, but if it provdies a level playing field where it TAKES SKILL to break through, that is much better than any amount of spam.

Reactions: Hardcore
I really like it tbh. Keep it up in that style, add more details, add smallers rooms, maybe a tunnel or two, to give more variety to the scale, height etc and i think your onto a winner

what atma said :nod:

i like it very much tbh. also the scale.
fps aren't a prob atm i think.
cuz the geometry seems to be simple enough and still not boring.
-> very nice imo. :thumb:

also the design and atmosphere is nice! (maybe a bit darker at some spots but sobo can give you nice tipps with that i think)

an idea: that biiiiig-ass room where u can proceed left and right.
there is some kind of bridge up there.
why not make that part of the map? u have to walk over that bridge later.
or even: you have to cross it before you reach that big hall down tehre.

something like that.
when paths "cross" each other in a map -> good imo :)
it doesn't have to be for launches (at least don't put spots in where one can launch too easy. but maybe leave some gaps for innovative ppl)

keep up the good work :)

You've done much job with it since the "current" version, have to say it has improved a great deal. Keep on with the good work :thumb: :D

hmm outside area needs some tweaking, but i like the style,

pretty good actually pinny, keep the blockiness away, the ceiling at the spawn is nice but the two tunnels are blocky again ;)

then there's the whole problem of everything else (you know, objectives and stuff :p:) but sofar it's pretty decent m8

wonder if any of you dog nobbers ever gonna take the time to complete a decent map :moon:

jwer_NL said:
pretty good actually pinny, keep the blockiness away, the ceiling at the spawn is nice but the two tunnels are blocky again ;)

it has a stone wall <_< it was meant to be blocky also in the series of movies of hellraiser in "hell" there it has a blocky environment.
that's one reason why it's blocky.. the other is that it keeps the framerate at a decent level, curved surfaces usually use up lots of extra unnecesary polygons and people with crap video cards would only suffer.. and honestly who the fuck cares about a non-blocky tunnel.. well obviously you :P but I don't, unless you give me a good reason for it :p: