As-Hellraiser Preview1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

New Version! ironed another few things out.

-Arrows (blatantly stole this idea from snuggs) If you don't get it now it's like impossible to make you understand the map.
-Last attackertele will now only be activated after 150 seconds after outside is reached
-Defender tele's are also shown by an arrow. The reason that i didn't want te defenders to spawn in there position is because A: they wouldn't be able to defend launches and B: had an to easy job killing the attackers. But these arrows ALWAYS SHOW THE MOST LOGIC/STRAIT FORWARD CHOICE...
-Some lightning
-Some weapon placement
-Added boots in the final tower
-Minor bug fixing like unused dispatchers/ triggers and some bsp/homs
-tweaked bot-support (for practising only)
-Found out that there where around 6000! triggers in the map. didn't know they where there (hidden group) but they made the map very slow. I've deleted them

known bugs:
A little hom at the side of the screen when sniping from the big wall into the well lava. It's not a place you would normaly aim. (it's not as anoying as the hom in golgotha1)
A texture in the mail castle somtimes disapears and reapears in certain angles. also very minor and not buggering the gameplay

Plz let me know what you think! it's really a great map!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DU0C32L8
http://rapidshare.com/files/315880427/AS-HellRaiserNE2.zip.html (only 10 downloads, but megaupload is iffy sometimes)

Hellraiser Noob Edition

After i had some time today and i read the forum where someone said hellraiser is to complicated i thought, well lets make a noob edition. If you can't understand where to go it's hopeless

I changed mainly the way the defender teleporters work. You now can only enter the ones which are usefull at that time. So no confusing whatsoever. Sometimes 2 (or 3) are opened but then the one most left should be the most upfront tele.

Snipertele's are only there for the first outsidepart. After that they become quite useless, except maybe the overhead sniper tele, which can be used to defend incoming attackers...

Attack should only suicide when the message tells them. There are 4 spawns. and they are activated after:
reaching Highergrounds
reaching Castle
getting Lament configuration Puzzle
reaching Outside last outside part

It's not hard really and it is shown in a message.

I fixed some bug mentioned in the other thread and some which i noticed during testing.

Hope you guys like it.

http://downloads.utassault.net/?d=Maps/Assault/&f=AS-HellraiserNE.zip

(cause i don't have webspace)... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F3XNHN3Y

Some of you might know the map Hellraiser, which some people really liked. Well because i was bored these days i started with it again and i can announce this version is at least playable. and you can finish it

Originally the map is made by Pinhead but he never finished it, I tried it once too but never really finished it too :rofl:

(i used the same way of writing changes as snuggs cause it looks fancy:P)

stuff i changed/fixed:

- Last outside part totally restyled (lot's smaller)

- Inside restyled (mainly made it somewhat less spammy)

-Added zones (helps fps, and makes it easier to know where you are)

- changed some textures

- invisible wall near waterwheel fixed

- changed many brushes cause they made nice BSP holes

- Alternative route to the puzzle box placing,

- Defenders now don't shoot you in the back while running towards lament lock/puzzle box cause they've got an alternative route. However if you survive when destroying the lock you are quite sure you can get the puzzlebox, (its a reward for skill :P)

- changed lightning

- Some minor stuf

- Some weapon placement

-bots will know the way a little bit, only not to the last final fort

- Some Decoration

- last outside hallway for defenders removed.

- alternative flypad to final (you need to fight up a whole way tho)

Download here
or u can download it here at crappy megaupload

hope you guys like it!

PS. can d3d users tell me if it crashes? it used to do that before, i tested it but it doesn't crash here.. plz let me know thx:D

Last edited:
thx snuggs. Editing my first post as we speak.

Oh and don't sue me for using your way of describing the changes, i did break the trademark:P.

We must really organize some match with all those new maps like the once you changed, navarone, tydium and snowdunes i guess. to see which one is suitable for the league.

I always found it to be a nice map. Is the doorbug fixed?
Happened twice iirc, the door after the chains at start would get blocked and not open :\

i guess that was fixed already in the version i start working with again, never happened here anyway so i guess it's allright right now:). I remember it bounced back when you ran against the wheel in first versions, that was also why the door got blocked.

Anyway i think it's okayish now :cool:

Last edited:
for a real gametest it needs to be added to a server.

didn´t test it yet..kind a cba UT/uED

try to remind me at WE if u see me at #dog or #betamaps
i´ll test it then
and i´ll put it on dog custom....if i don´t find any major bugs

It looks like you could dodge through the "window/hole" in the laserfield, but every time i try i crater.

just in case u like to change bugs ;)

Attachments

• crater.JPG
    crater.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 32
Another go, HellraiserNE

=Noob Edition

After i had some time today and i read the forum where someone said hellraiser is to complicated i thought, well lets make a noob edition. If you can't understand where to go it's hopeless

I changed mainly the way the defender teleporters work. You now can only enter the ones which are usefull at that time. So no confusing whatsoever. Sometimes 2 (or 3) are opened but then the one most left should be the most upfront tele.

Snipertele's are only there for the first outsidepart. After that they become quite useless, except maybe the overhead sniper tele, which can be used to defend incoming attackers...

Attack should only suicide when the message tells them. There are 4 spawns. and they are activated after:
reaching Highergrounds
reaching Castle
getting Lament configuration Puzzle
reaching Outside last outside part

It's not hard really and it is shown in a message.

I fixed some bug mentioned in the other thread and some which i noticed during testing.

Hope you guys like it.

(cause i don't have webspace)... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F3XNHN3Y

One thing playtesting with pug has shown is that the end is impossible to defend due to the sniper nest thingy attackers can use.
Otherwise I still think its awesome :)