As-Hellraiser(continue)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well after because pinhead doesn't work on this anymore. i asked if i could finish the map, he agreed.

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=46429 is the original thead

i did mainly some small things some dispatcher settings defender spawns, a very very basic botpathing. but you will now easier know the way in the map. note that they don't understand how to reach the first obj. and you won't see many defenders the first part of the map. :P

i really don't know what to do with the last part. i was thinking to put some sort of button on the last roof (some sort of siege thingy) but i don't know yet

I think the first outside part with the fortress is almost done.. (needs some touching tho)

just let me know how it plays. It is still an alpha but it has some more shape and so on.

anyway. here is the link:)

http://rapidshare.de/files/11653649/AS-Hellraiser-_a-011_.unr.html

update
hellraiser 12:

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=ee263b083602d1fe56615d0b

Last edited:
We maybe spotted a bug yesterday. After shooting the chains the wheel didn't rotate and new path on the right side didn't open, so map couldn't be continued. It worked ok on the replay tho...

Cratos said:
We maybe spotted a bug yesterday. After shooting the chains the wheel didn't rotate and new path on the right side didn't open, so map couldn't be continued. It worked ok on the replay tho...
I had the same... i think you can block it with your body

Cratos said:
happened today too... :\

okay new alpha is out. hellraiser-[12a]

i made an ending (which isn't finished yet. i decided to make it a bit like siege (as many of you like that map) but with some more entrances.

fixed the big doors opening obj. You could block the rotatingwheel which resulted the bigdoors not to open.

did some weaponplacements and some spawnchanges. (after lamentdoor is distroyed you gain a new spawn rather then when the puzzlebox is placed)

attack has now a closer spawn in the last section. (some sort finalassaultentrance for bridge, it doesn't need to be opened but i suggest you to do it)

well anyway try it yourself and help me with some ideas :)

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=ee263b083602d1fe56615d0b

looks good inside. the beginning around the first objective hjas some fps issue (i get around 18)

the last spawn is placed well. so the end becomes a great deal better attackable.

the layout is good, it should really be played online somehwere

sobo said:
looks good inside. the beginning around the first objective hjas some fps issue (i get around 18)

the last spawn is placed well. so the end becomes a great deal better attackable.

the layout is good, it should really be played online somehwere

i know when the waterwheel starts rotating it gets iffy. maybe i will let it rotate very slowly in order to keep the fps higher

i was thinking to place NO tele for defence to the top of the tower. otherwise it will be to damn hard to assault i reckon.

need some weaponchanges too.. not finished with them yet

maybe cratos updates the version on dfp :bj:

didnt have anything to do with the wheel, well maybe a little. I had about 30 before the objective, then about 18

sobo said:
didnt have anything to do with the wheel, well maybe a little. I had about 30 before the objective, then about 18

well the wheel is connected to the bigdoors so basicly you can't look anyware without seeing somthing moving.. it's all "moving" the wheel has just a lot of polys so that's causing the big drop i guess

Well i've downloaded and tried the map...

But after +/- 15 secs UT crashes...

i get some error. Tried to run ut in different settings but everytime it crashes..

I'll post the error message when i've got some xtra time...:P

ØldSt¥Le said:
Oke i get the following errors...
I had the first error 2, i changed Direct3D to OpenGL and it didnt crash.
Then changed back to Direct3D and rebooted pc. It worked fine after.:)

correct me if im wrong (can't read crashes very good) but it looks like it crashes when you see a fortstandard. i don't know if you play with the flags on (in league assault) but you can try to turn these off for instance

or try playing normal assault instead of league assault.

oh and plz don't spank me if i had read it wrong :P

pykenike said:
correct me if im wrong (can't read crashes very good) but it looks like it crashes when you see a fortstandard. i don't know if you play with the flags on (in league assault) but you can try to turn these off for instance

or try playing normal assault instead of league assault.

oh and plz don't spank me if i had read it wrong :P
I had the same crash, i dont use the fortstandard flags but it still crashed.
When i used normal AS instead of leagueAS or when i used OpenGL instead of Direct3D it didnt crash. Its fixed now though....