AS-HeavyWaterFactoryCE_beta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

$au$je said:
would a player really watch at those flags? what about people from Iraq... they wouldn't play Deserstorm because of the painting? i don't think so... i don't really think these maps are made for slapping country's/persons, but they are made for fun, and it happens to be that some maps have to with history, because that makes a nice story to it...
Yupp, it's nothing wrong to use these flags as they're a part of history, it adds more aura to the map imo, all these poles might work negativly considering launches, perhaps make more space between them? Perhaps i can talk to my clan to check out playablility, launching etc :poke: :deal:

Zyx said:
ok it's nice how you edited the map is more playable but,

I know you all want new maps please dont use old maps try make your own ;p

Well as you might know mapping is an very intense job and takes a lot of time. I always liked hwf and after i read Lilfvb's comment i thought it would be rediculous to let a map be rulled out because of some nazisigns, plus the fact the map felt very unfinshed (playerstarts facing the wrong direction, and a dispatcher not even working) Personally i think this map is at least equally good as AstronosphereAL

Zyx said:
also still i don't agree on the censorship, i know alot of people disagree with the nazi signs and stuff, but it isn't meant as a personal issue. I don't like being associated with nazi's like WC did during -8- game but confronting the past isn't something that is meant as a bad thing.

It is part of the map that gives it the meaning HeavyWaterFactory now with censoring it looses it's meaning atleast that's my opinion

I agree that the nazisigns are part of the map. and ofcourse a simple game as UT isn't the place to discuss or confront people about WW2. But like i said before; it will be rediculous if a map will be rulled out because a texture, and yes it loses the meaning of the map but tbh.. do people actually care about the meaning? i mean lot's of people don't know what the "golgotha" is aswell, the playabilety of a map is the most important

Zyx said:
But offcourse can't deny the fact pyke is atleast trying to put some more maps in the league which are alot of ppl arent trying to do and are complaing a little.

I do want to say gjob to pyke for that altho it's not totally done the proper way

Also ok map for ias but stdas i have my doubts byt that's my opinion as all had their opinion on Golgo2

thx, :)

-LilFvB- said:
Yeah... i agree with you zyx
but remember the old flame times where "some people" called "all" germans nazis and shit?
think it was because of that HWF and OCD never were taken into consideration in becoming league maps

now most people (cept some childish ones) don't do that anymore, and thats why some people find this censoring unnecessary (yes, typo)...

Played this map 3vs3 or summat yesterday on DFP, and i didn't notice much spam... both this one and golgo2al were pretty quickly finished IMO.... (this is of course affected by the skill-level and map-knowledge level of the ppl playing it )

Hmm.. looks nice and all, but a 6v6 is in order!

I think this map is pretty good in pro and insta, it can be finished in Std aswell but there will be a lot of spam involved...But like i said before, Its a bit the same type of map as AS-astroAL which is also a indoor map. and semi populair. so why not hwf?

Cassius said:
Yupp, it's nothing wrong to use these flags as they're a part of history, it adds more aura to the map imo, all these poles might work negativly considering launches, perhaps make more space between them? Perhaps i can talk to my clan to check out playablility, launching etc

Well i don't mind to put the flags back in, it's done in 5 minutes....but i just want to give this map a fair chance.. with or without flags.

Launches this map isn't build for launches, so i can't do much about that. There are some single hammers possible but i don't think you will ever launch in this map.... there are pretty much maps who have lot's of launch options, and a bit of variation is a good thing IMO, the fact this map is very easy to learn is a good thing too.

Thx for feedback all

Last edited:
Reactions: w1sh
-LilFvB- said:
of course Zyx, but some ppl will refuse to play them because of the flags/boxes
ok, that's the worst BS ever. As-Dam has also got those "signs", and it never bothered me like "aaaaahhhrrr a nazi sign".

If trying to reconstruct a map about "heavy water"(development by germany during WW2), it makes perfect sense that there are some nazi "signs".

If someone doesn't want to play a map because of this, he should get himself a brain. :tired:

To make things clear: I am not a brain- and hairless skinhead, not a nazi, not anything related, but I don't see why you couldn't put it in an AS map.

In as desetrstorm there is quite a resemblance with Mr Hussein in the last picture that gets shot.... WAIT OH NOOO OMFG SOME HISTORICAL CONTENT ERASE IT....:x

We should get desertstorm remade to dessert assault, get all the flags out, boxes out, change the ending sequence....

:Xmaskiss: <==suits the topic.

Pyke, nice map...go on

IceDragon

read my other post IceDragon
http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1182250&postcount=40

I don't mind them much either, but if some people do, then thats that.

IceDragon said:
We should get desertstorm remade to dessert assault, get all the flags out, boxes out, change the ending sequence....

oh and Dessert Assault sounds nice! invade the pancake, then go up into the cream sundae and finally the banana split! :D

Last edited:
-LilFvB- said:
oh and Dessert Assault sounds nice! invade the pancake, then go up into the cream sundae and finally the banana split! :D

:lol: that's a fuckung great idea

Anyone wants to teach me to use ued?

We don't need nazi signs in our daily life, we don't need to be confronted with em in a computergame we daily play. You can read up everything about it in the history books, it's no secret, but no need to force that shit in a computergame as it has no contribution to the game(play) itself. (imho)

agreed, but if the topic of the map is related and the maker designed it like this, I don't care if it stays.

I think maybe a 2nd route to the final would be something... like a vent or summat?

last part is now about the double as wide, should be enough i guess.... i can try to make a vent aswell but this map is more based on a pure fight, rather then sneaking around :P, but i take it in concideration...

and my question was more based on the "signs" actually :P

New version updated, see first post

I think this will be the last beta, but i'm also thinking to add a new area after the last obj now, don't know if it fits the map tbh

I was thinking to add a garage (like in the beginning of the map) after that obj, where the attackers should escape in that Van that you see at the endcam (when map is finished). It also gives a wide open area where there can be a good dm... and some double hammers possible
On the other hand, wouldn't it screw the mapfeeling to much? because the whole map is based on a fast fighting, and then a wide open area would be totally diffrent and won't really fit in the map..

comments plz

Last edited:
IMO, just leave the ending as it is. If you want, make the map explode once the truck leaves the building in the end scene. ;)

Btw, same goes for me if the nazi flags goes or not. It's not like I would stare at them while I'm in the heat of battle. :P
But since you took all the time to do the changes & how it looks due to the minority that wants them out (as if it would distract them while playing), let it be & have it all finished off, if there's really anything else to be done.

/me goes & checks out the newest version.