AS-HeavyWaterFactoryCE_beta

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

that's right, there is a new version of AS-HeavyWaterFactory, after readingthis thread i worked on a better version WITHOUT the nazi signs, but i also found this a reason to do some bugfixing and improvment of the map
As-HeavyWaterFactory Censored Edition

What has been changed?
-Naziflags have been modified, they are now plain red
-Naziboxes are now just ordinary boxes
-Attack meets all the autocannons at the beginning, but they have a shieldbelt to protect them, after opening the frontdoors you spawn at a position away from the autocannons
-Def-spawns modified a bit
-Small delay in the main doors, which gives def time to organize
-control panel must now be touched instead of destroyed
-control panel can't be skipped anymore
-strange spawns at heavywaterstation are fixed now(your face is now at the right direction)
-after barracks def gets a new spawn
-after barrackroom attack gets a closer spawn(these 2 where already there but didn't work due a dispatcherfailure)
-some weapon and item placement
-alot of minor things

What has been changed in beta2?
-Autocannons removed, only the original is still there
-Shield belt replaced with body armor, added some heathvials aswell
-attack inmidiatly spawns at new spawn when frontdoors are opened
-plain red flags are now replaced with nicer textures
-Zone's have a name now
-f3 screenshots updated (are a bit fuzzy, don't know why)
-defence has no mini anymore at controlpanel
-second attackroute after controlpanel added
-bio moved at heavywaterstation
-another objective added (you need to breach both entrances to get a closer spawn)
-playerstarts in wall directions fixed
-attack now gets a closer spawn after breaching engeneringrooms rather then after barrackdoors
-body armor replaced with a shieldbelt
-rocket and shock moved to the far end of the last obj
-1 ripper replaced by sniper in the last room
-lot's of miner things again

What has been changed in the finalbeta?

-Updated the "heavywaterstation" obj message
-engeneringsroom is now double as wide
-some minor things

i need to thank zyx for the lil help he gave me with the controlpaneldoor

and LOTS of thx for the original authors GRZ and FER

remember this is a beta, and i guess it will be spammy, but with short runs attack has a good chance to get trough
it's still a beta, so use this thread to give feedback and bugs.. it might be a good map in iAS and proAS

Because i got this map via the WAMpack i didn't know what textures where nessesary for the map but with the original wampack you have all you need

Download AS-HWF_CE_Finalbeta here

oh maybe this can be added at dfp and dog server ;)

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: m1cr0
Grz agrees on the changes made to make it more playable but he also wants to point out that the signs added into the map are not meant to be a personal issue, altho some ppl would disagree here.

As some of you who really know Grz censorship is the thing he hates.
He could careless abt the rest. Anyways let's see how it is.
Censorship btw doesn't always means better ;p

I'm not saying i like looking at nazi signs, but can't deny they excist and it has influenced everyone in the course of history. And that's what trying to be shown on the non edited version.

Zyx said:
I'm not saying i like looking at nazi signs, but can't deny they excist and it has influenced everyone in the course of history. And that's what trying to be shown on the non edited version.
idd, the original point was to theme the map as a German WW2 "Heavy-Water" factory; makes perfect sense... Though it is a touchy subject.

this map is based on a secret WW2 operation to delay the germans from making a nuke

but if the flags affend people then this version will be better over all :)

personally i think grz is fairly right at his pov that the Nazi regime got a big influence on the history, and of corse this whole map has to do with it (as weirdo pointed out)

I didn't look at the signs very much but after lilvb's coment in the other thread i thought it would be a shame if a (fairly) good map would be rulled out because of a texture...

changes where made very fast (i think i worked 3 hours on it) so it's worth a try

will take a look at it, and imo censorship was not needed nothing wrong with being confronted with the past

ProPain said:
will take a look at it, and imo censorship was not needed nothing wrong with being confronted with the past

-LilFvB- said:
These were never taken into the league... i think the main reason HeavyWaterFactory and OperatonCertainDeath didn't get into the league was because of the textures grz put in....

like i said, i don't mind that well to, but lot's of people do... and it's a shame if it will be rulled out only because of the signs now isn't?

btw when u press f3 u still see the nazi's signs, remove them all or dont remove them :p:

Pretty nice map btw. I played it only once vs novice bots.
and the only comments i have so far are:
- the autocannons at the start.
- some doors opening very slowly (but that has to do with the fact that i dont know the map so i just go out wondering while i have to wait for the door to open :P)

sneez said:
btw when u press f3 u still see the nazi's signs, remove them all or dont remove them :p:

Pretty nice map btw. I played it only once vs novice bots.
and the only comments i have so far are:
- the autocannons at the start.
- some doors opening very slowly (but that has to do with the fact that i dont know the map so i just go out wondering while i have to wait for the door to open :P)

well i knew that they are still in f3 and i am planing to remove them in the final version, i was just wondering if someone even noticed

I know that everybody hates autocannons but there is more a tactical reason that they are there....
When you first attack (as team) it would for instance be handy to send 2 peeps to that first obj (as some sort of kamikaze players) and than let someone else take the shieldbelt, so he has almost 150/100 heath. Def has 2 spawnpoints at the ramp now, so they can try to snipe the attackers trough the first gate.
it should get the same feeling as "entering bunker" in desertstorm, you can hold them a few secs but it's far from a choke point. After the first obj you get new spawn anyway (after 5 secs)

about the door open time. Originally there was no delay in the the doors but there was a delay in the attackers spawn. Which IMO result in constantly pressing suicide. This makes it less messy i think. plus the fact that it's a really fast map, and without the delays defence would be overrun because they didn't have there weapon selected yet.

so at nazithingy in f3- okay fixing that
at autocannons- will wait how the rest things about it
at delays-maybe i will make them a bit shorter

thx for critizm anyway :)

well it wasnt really critizm , as i already said : I played the map 1 time on attack versus novice bots to see how it goes:P
I still have to see how it works out 6v6, and to be serious, autocannons can be taken out very easily ;p

played it today 4-4 at dfp server and people liked it actually....

but we found a bug already which i am going to fix (last spawn for def, where the ripper is) has a small deathzone (when you walk against the fan you die lol) i also need to fix f3 obj listing where the naziflags are still viseble

i am thinking to remove all autocannons at the start too, people just don't like them...

maybe i need to ajust some delays (for instance after "heavywaterstation is secure" and after "barackdoors have been opened"

i also need to ajust the radius of the engineringrooms, you can breach it when you take the bodyarmor lol....

plz search for bugs and improvments.. you can play the map at DFP and DOG server...

(thx cratos & weirdo for that)

Well I just got my first look at the revised map...

Just a couple of suggestions to start with:

The flag textures are a bit plain as they are (did you just choose the plain red texture?)... It might be worth tarting them up with a nicer texture, something like the rug textures in GenIn.utx... or using a flag decoration instead of a brush.

I would've thought the deathzones at the fans were on purpose tbh - before removing them, just try changing the direction of the playerstarts so you actually spawn the right way round.

The final objective is very spammy indeed... We just played 5v5 on DFP and it took a long while to get it, and that was without any organisation....

It's probably no worse than AsthenosphereAL, but it is a very long run when the defence have immediate access to Shock & RL.

small prob, can someone say me how to deal with playerstarts that are- whatever angle they're aimed in ued-, always with the face down when you spawn at those places, simply removing them and adding new ones gave me another prob (spamming all over the place, en if they are identical with tag-event and after a rebuild), so if you can help me i would be really pleased

Click once on the PlayerStart actor and (I think) hold down Ctrl and you can swivel the PlayerStart's direction. It's either Ctrl or Right Mouse, but try Command if that doesn't work. Sry, haven't used UEd for awhile. :)

pld it 6 vs 6

delete the stupid autocanons
def has tooooooooooooo much weapons
no need to have mostly everywhere mini, ripper, pulse shock and sniper at every place
delete a few miniguns...and tons of mini and ripper ammo
a 2nd attackroute after "control panel hacked" would be nice

my 2 cents :)