AS-Capacitance Beta 1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

the framerate in the first hall MUST be improved. I get 30 fps idling looking into it. make that 5-10 in action :\

If necessary send Weirdo a PM asking for further explanation. Im sure hes willing to help.

:)

Poor map, infact every1 of the custom maps atm are awful. Too much detail, all the rooms are full of shitty objects. Its assault yes, but an element of killing/dm is important!

Torpedo said:
Poor map, infact every1 of the custom maps atm are awful. Too much detail, all the rooms are full of shitty objects. Its assault yes, but an element of killing/dm is important!
Lol, lies.

ok I'm looking into the framerate issue by changing some zone properties, removing fog and changing the detail a little.

I'll fix the lift, I think I know what you mean. I changed it to more of a continuous speed rather than a transitional acceleration

I'm fixing some small bugs that I have noticed or forgot to fix before the beta and will hopefully polish the architecture so that there arent very many places to get stuck or jammed.

Theres a BSP hole in the passage tunnel that I'm hopefully going to be able to sort out. I noticed it before the beta and put a few block volumes infront of it to get the collision back but thats just a temporary option.

The second laser guarded room (with the sniper rifle) will have a box inserted in the shaft thing. I placed a block volume hoping that people would just realise that it's too small to get through (even though it wasnt) but some people thought it was a collision error, so a box will be added for realism or maybe I will open it up and add something small.

I'm removing the thigh pads at Offense start and probably moving them to Defense, but I'm undecided wether or not I'll change the shield belt to something a bit less beneficial, such as the normal 100 armor or a few vials.

I'm probably going to botpath it to get a bit of a look at how gameplay is. I havent been able to see a proper 6v6 on this map and even though its not the same with bots I'll still be able to find bottleneck points and make some changes.

I'll look into what makes Defense have such an advantage at the first objective and maybe bring back the alternate option to shoot the crystal costing a fair amount of ammo.

Thanks for the comments. I'll get the next beta up soon.