AS-BioassaultSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
first of all
thx to all beta testers..and thx 4 the feedback!!!

some history:

i started 2 work on this project a few years ago
just moved weapons n stuff around...i was a totally uED n00b at that time.

timo/weirdo undertook the project 4 a while
he added some nice secret stuff
like the chicks...or the invisi

also he fixed that guy in the Bio chamber
the guy didn´t work online

and he made that strange construstion with those weird lights be4 u reach the escape tunnel.

then...after 2 or 3 years
after i had to play that shit NA version on pug :shout:
i started to work on this project again.

the map is at some places far away from original, or any other version.
this version is longer than the original...the time limit is at 14 minutes atm.

also the map comprised a few "new features"
never been used in any other AS map out there!

at the start u´ll find a ladder to the heli...it´s experimental and not perfect, but it worx
heli.jpg

some of the attackers can go up there and fly with the heli to the bridge!
the heli will fly over the bridge and stops at a point above the bridge
also...the heli has a moving spawn inside

the heli starts flyin after the wall to bridge is gone
first.jpg

cause of several bugs and bsp holes in that start area...i had to delete and rebuild several brushs
the start tunnels, the bridge and the new tunnel to the next area ..for example
tunnel.jpg

there´s no more "sniper hell" after 2nd gate
there´s a 2nd..
2attrou.jpg

..and a 3rd attack route which can be used to bypass objectives inside the base
3attrou.jpg

in the tank room is a control panel...only defenders can trigger it
it activates the crane...and makes it a bit harder 4 attackers to cross the room on the crane
crane.jpg

btw..
those signs show u that there is something to discover
n00bs.jpg

some doors open only 4 attackers...like this 1 somewhere around the shoting range
where u find a "new" weapon
super.jpg

the bio chamber fuse was the last objective in the original
bioguy.jpg

in the last tunnel is a door to a another new feature....hehe
cancon.jpg

there´s a tele that brings u to a special control panel...
cancon2.jpg

where the attackers can control the autocannon of the new final area....a harbor
cannon.jpg

u need to jump (or land...) into the boat to finish the map
boat1.jpg

ah...and ...

:bowdown: thx timo 4 coding that awesome SuperBioRifle 4 me

the map uses many textures from other UTA maps..
+ the original files ...i included them to the pack 2

AS-BioassaultSE

u can play it soon on Dog cutom maps server

Edit: changed download link after we found a bug...

Last edited:
dunno what the hell are u talking about (cba to read, just drunk) but i vote yes..... all that che say is allways ok to me.

LOL trafy

remake looks cool at some spots but the sniper spot objective is still too spammy I think :/ (maybe a bigger entrance?)

the hidden extras are also nice

I playtested this... can't remember when :D But the map has amazing visuals and is really both assaultable and defendable. You and Timo worked very hard to make what is no doubt in my mind the most visually advanced AS map I've ever seen :thumb: :D Good work ;)

very nicely made map really stunnin.

the heli attack is nice but doesn't it take a bit to long to get to the bridge? and doesn't it fly a bit to far? i mean you have to wait about 20 secs to reach thre bridge which feels long.. and when you spawn inside it (when it's above the bridge you are almost at your obj....

the tunnelgate mover goes not down completly which is anonying to jump over :P

i like the crane thingy but i doubt it's very usefull to trigger.. we'll see.

when you spawn in that room where the flak is you should be shoot the door in one shot. however i could't break it... 10 shots with the flak whern't enough...:S

lol at the shootingreange....::cool:

that new biothingy is cool and really usefull aswell. however when you use smileys to show the deadmessages it shows as sniper rather then bio.

in the harbor the water is a bit to low. when you fall in you are unable to come out....

rally stunnin map there...very very nice imo

A) Keep the heli spawn, otherwise it takes FOREVER to get tunnels due to sniperspam etc. I really do like the heli, and it makes is so the defense needs to make use of back defenders instead of all pushing like on normal bio. Since the heli is probably the most efficient way to get to the objective, it makes sense that it takes a while :)

B) USE A FLAK BALL NOT PRIMARY FIRE

the heli is just experimental 4 now
took me ages to let the spawn move more or less well with the heli
moving time can be lowered...after a while testing

and ye...u need only 1 shot with flak :)

i have really bad FPS towards the end parts, good improvements visually and nice addition to the map at the end. Overall i am looking forward to play it on pug, i just hope the balance is right and there is a few key objectives that can be held for 3mins + etc otherwise i lose interest in fast flowing maps:P

p.s teach zyx how to make map look good :rofl:

First of all,
I hate what you did to lavafort (ruined the map)
I love what you did to asthenosphere (finally!!! someone made that superbeautifull map playable and enjoyable :thumb:)
I think what you did to thedungeon was great (the last version is the best one imo :thumb:)

now I have not playtested bio against real people, and the balence of everymap is a very important factor on wether or not its a good one, so my final opinion of the map will have to wait.

But I can already say this, even though I personally believe as-bioassaultNA is perfectly playable and enjoyable and INTENSE!, I think that you remained relatively true to the spirit of the map so its all good. Not to mention that it looks WAAAYYY better, really nice job on the graphic parts.

Some things I found are weird but not necessarely bad:
I saw 2 "kegs" except they dont look like kegs o_0
you can hammer from the roof of the humvee but not from its hood 0_o

I think its gonna be an enjoyable map and I don't have many suggestions for it,
only perhaps:
-fix the bsp hole on the picture below (that is in the first big room before science on the right of the "top" entrance)
-make both "high exits" at 2nd gate a bit lower so that attackers can 2ndary hammer themselve up on them (so to go high you can either hammer yourself up from the humvee roof or walk back and 2ndary hammer yourself up (and get rox n shock))
-make the "rock sections" coming out of the wall in the tank room b4 science solid instead of shallow, i mean it is a big rock its not a tree :|
-the powerup section with the deemer and invis would be too much for pug i think so I'd really like to play that map on pug server but without the deemer invis amp etc, the uber biogun or the other hidden stuff are kinda cool so they can stay :P

bspholefz0.jpg

you can hammer from the roof of the humvee but not from its hood 0_o

those hummers feel a bit dodgy yes.. those are semisolid (you can walk tru them) but he blocked that with blockall actors... that's why they are somtimes buggy...:D

those jeeps..and the tanks are hardware-brushs
like trees, barrels and such deco stuff

i made them to have the possibility to add more detail in some parts...without ruining the framerate totally

u can´t hammer on hardware-brushs (try at a barrel)
but i added invisible brushs at the highest place of the vehicles to make hammering possible

i won´t do that on every part of the vehicle...cause i´m really happy that i have only 1 minor hom....atm

a hardware-brush has a round collision radius
u would have ivisible blocking stuff around the tank or the jeep...cause they aren´t round :P
that why i set the coll. radius to 0..and worked with blockall actors

-make both "high exits" at 2nd gate a bit lower so that attackers can 2ndary hammer themselve up on them

those high entrances at 2nd have a BT element...u don´t need ur hammer at all to get in :lol:

-make the "rock sections" coming out of the wall in the tank room b4 science solid instead of shallow, i mean it is a big rock its not a tree :|

that f00ks the framerate in that room
+ bsp holes can appear

-the powerup section with the deemer and invis would be too much for pug i think so I'd

u can´t use them..they just to f00l u like the shock in rivSE :lol:

Last edited: