Anyone Have UT3 for PS3?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-Starlight-

Boom...
Sep 22, 2001
Brum.
As feeling lonley with a bunch of console owners :D

Its actually quite good, the controller setup is good, though graphically in 1080, it doesnt look that great.

I heared you can also join 'normal' PC servers on a ps3?:P

No offense, but why buy a shooter on a console if said shooter is also available on PC?
Even on lowest graphics (if your PC sucks) the experience should still be better than on a console, or am I wrong?

UT3 on PS3 supports mice and keyboards.
So you can use your decent mouse and keyboard to play it.

UT3 on PS3 supports mice and keyboards.
So you can use your decent mouse and keyboard to play it.

all you need then is being able to sit in a good view to your tv with a mouse and keyboard.. Dunno how it's with you guys, but that would be a nono for me.

And even when it would be possible for you what's the point of having it on a ps3? As I've heard the graphics look better on a (proper) pc.

Well to be honest i do agree with FPS such as UT3 would be better on a PC. So i wont go into that whole debate :)

With regard to UT3 on PS3, i can clear a few things up after owning it for a day :D

UT3 does indeed allow mouse & keyboard input. Although other games still dont support input using them. Strange this is, is that the server has to agree to allow users online with keyboard & mouse support. Obvious reasons why, the keyboard & mouse does allow greater control meaning somewhat an advantage. So if you want Keyboard & Mouse, you cant play on every server!

The PS3 Graphics are OK, i think they are overrated. COD4 graphics, GOW e.t.c. were really good, but this isnt so great. I think to put it into perspectve, i think medium/high settings on a PC would be about the same.

One MAJOR disapointment is the lack of online servers and players. Oh, lets not forget lag either!
Last night there were about 8 servers (including players hosting) per gametype! Hardly any players online, and to be honest it sucked! Lag was crazy, and i was pinging 90's to official midway servers! However ping on PC is about 27ms! I have no ideas why.

Regarding the above i went to the official UT3 forums and noticed that EU and US players are currently NOT playing together. The EU version has newer updates and the US cannot play with EU users and vice versa. However apparentley on the 27th March, the US are getting an update and EU & US players will be online together. Whether this will improve it, i dont know!

Oh the controller setup is quite good, after about 30 minutes it seems quite natural. However the weapon switching is something thats a bit crazy.

Anyway not sure on the actual facts behind this, but someone said on the official forums that 9/10 UT3 users in US are playing on the PS3. EU Users - 9/10 are playing on the PC.

Oh and so far havent seen any PC Server support, i did think they removed talk about that a few months before release. They blamed it on Mods and Updates on PC, which will be different on the PS3/360.

FPS ill always play on a PC, itll always be better. Im sure if u think about it ull c y.

But playing car games, platform games and fighting games on a PC is about as sexy as a drunk welshman.Also very lonely since u cant really play with m8s unless they live in another country and speak funny:p:

But playing car games, platform games and fighting games on a PC is about as sexy as a drunk welshman.

And suddenly uZi's not sexy:(

That'll break his heart.

I'm banned from Epic forums because I pointed out that someone was french-canadian and really bad at typing English and got "banned for life" so I dont have access to all those newfangled updates... and everyone else at my college is banned. ^LawL ;f

I'm dead sexy u cuntlingers

also UT3 on PS3 = wtf?

If you play FPS on PC I dunno whyd you ever go back to a console :S

i can understand why people change from PC gaming to consoles.
Consoles are much cheaper and games are better optimised and run often smoother.

Even after 6/7 years you get games for your console.
Now try to run a 2008 game with a PC from 2001, thats impossible.
The whole hardwareupgrading is a big downside for PC as gaming platform. Overall it's not worth the whole money you have to spent.
That's the reason why the console market grow alot faster than the PC gaming market and will gain in the future even more btw.

But ye, FPS on consoles are - even with mouse + keyboard - a no-go.

Most console games actually have an appalling base-framerate and plenty of slowdown (examples: Assassin's Creed & Heavenly Sword on PS3 and even GT5 Prologue at rate occasions) and down-tuned graphics.

The prices also add up. Get a decent version of the PS3 and that sets you back €500-€600, then the games cost €10-15 more than PC games etc. But meh, everyone entitled to their own opinion I guess.

i can understand why people change from PC gaming to consoles.
Consoles are much cheaper and games are better optimised and run often smoother.

Even after 6/7 years you get games for your console.
Now try to run a 2008 game with a PC from 2001, thats impossible.
The whole hardwareupgrading is a big downside for PC as gaming platform. Overall it's not worth the whole money you have to spent.
That's the reason why the console market grow alot faster than the PC gaming market and will gain in the future even more btw.

But ye, FPS on consoles are - even with mouse + keyboard - a no-go.

I am sure you havent played Q3 for Dreamcast yet! (Keyboard and mouse support included!) There was also a modus for PC-player to use the Dreamcast Q3 Arena maps. A game to remember!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdUosbfpjM&feature=related

Most console games actually have an appalling base-framerate and plenty of slowdown (examples: Assassin's Creed & Heavenly Sword on PS3 and even GT5 Prologue at rate occasions) and down-tuned graphics.
I agree with you that there are console games which suffer from nasty slowdowns.
Played GTS SA once on the PS2, jeez that was evil.

But there are plenty of examples where gaming titles that came for consoles and PC (i.e. King Kong) ran better on consoles. The PC-version looks mostly worser and run even laggier.
Ofc that's caused by a bad portation of games, but exactly that's the point.
Developers have to consider every possible hardware configuration (Nvidia, AMD, ATI, Intel, older and newer hardware) and software. So it's almost impossible to optimize a game perfectly for PC.

The prices also add up. Get a decent version of the PS3 and that sets you back €500-€600, then the games cost €10-15 more than PC games etc.
600 euros are nothing compared to the price for decent gaming machines. especially when taking in consideration, that such a console is state-of-the-art for atleast 5 years (and i wont mention here, that you can get cut versions of consoles for less than 500 euros)
So if you buy a PC, let's say for 1000 euros, you've an ok'ish gaming system for about 2 years if you don't upgrade.

I got your back about the game-prices. Let's even increase the difference and say it's 20 euros.
That means you can buy up to 20 console games to equalize the cost price and even then you've a longer time-span compared to a pc system.
Even from the monetary point of view a console is a wiser decision.

Unfortunally the PC has more genre-variety, so a console wont be a good solution for everyone.

I am sure you havent played Q3 for Dreamcast yet! (Keyboard and mouse support included!) There was also a modus for PC-player to use the Dreamcast Q3 Arena maps. A game to remember!!
Mate, i truly believe that it's possible to play console-FPS with mouse and keyboard perfectly, but i don't have the furnitures in my living room to do so, And i guess many other don't have them either.
The living room is not an office, so most peeps don't have the right furnitures to sit there like they do before their PCs.

I agree with you that there are console games which suffer from nasty slowdowns.
Played GTS SA once on the PS2, jeez that was evil.

But there are plenty of examples where gaming titles that came for consoles and PC (i.e. King Kong) ran better on consoles. The PC-version looks mostly worser and run even laggier.
Ofc that's caused by a bad portation of games, but exactly that's the point.
Developers have to consider every possible hardware configuration (Nvidia, AMD, ATI, Intel, older and newer hardware) and software. So it's almost impossible to optimize a game perfectly for PC.

600 euros are nothing compared to the price for decent gaming machines. especially when taking in consideration, that such a console is state-of-the-art for atleast 5 years (and i wont mention here, that you can get cut versions of consoles for less than 500 euros)
So if you buy a PC, let's say for 1000 euros, you've an ok'ish gaming system for about 2 years if you don't upgrade.

I got your back about the game-prices. Let's even increase the difference and say it's 20 euros.
That means you can buy up to 20 console games to equalize the cost price and even then you've a longer time-span compared to a pc system.
Even from the monetary point of view a console is a wiser decision.

Unfortunally the PC has more genre-variety, so a console wont be a good solution for everyone.

Mate, i truly believe that it's possible to play console-FPS with mouse and keyboard perfectly, but i don't have the furnitures in my living room to do so, And i guess many other don't have them either.
The living room is not an office, so most peeps don't have the right furnitures to sit there like they do before their PCs.

Now i got your point too. :D