Another discussion...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Largo said:
I mind. name exampe(s) of specific offence you would say isnt bad enough - on server or directed at server/players, no matter how it is done.

No, I mean it's really annoying but if someone genuinely feels regret because they want to be part of the community then they should be made to work for it. I mean let's be honest, they could easily reinvent themselves and play under other nicks/accounts anyway. But for instance Raichu wants to be in the forums and get on with (some) people. and he's a pretty damn good player these days regardless of what you think of him as a human being. Sure he'd get a kicking in RL by half the community but if he wants to stay here the least he could do is to contribute something in return for his previous annoyance. And I'd rather give someone that opportunity then force them out and have them spend the rest of lives as sad, embittered gits who take out their frustration by doing a $am and trying to fuck up every public game because then no one wins.

Anyway the next time you encounter a botter in pubs, or possibly even in a match, see if you still feel the same way.
since the last 4 years i met more than 1 cheater, so i doubt that another one would change my opinion.

Largo said:
:ban: It's rather interesting that you have so "soft views" on botters
why shouldn't i? I see UT just like it is......as a computer game. I take my work and relationships serious, but not a virtual hobby.
btw i don't think that banning people for some matches/months is soft.
and some of that time would likely be spent looking for "better" - as in better hidden - cheats. And trying to creep back with dupe accounts.
they won't when they know that this is their last chance.

Last edited:
Bossk said:
Also a harder punishment for botting clans should be made
like getting send to HZ or something

why should you do that?
why punish another half dozen ppl (or more) if they didn´t even know he was doing it?
No offence, but I bet you were one of the first moaning about that rule if one of your own m8s would be cheating, cuz you wouldnt even know or notice it. Seeing it that way every player of the league is a potential cheater and nobody can trust nobody... wow... fine.. now we got to where we wanted to be... everybody gonna start spying and distrusting everybody else... :thumb:

Bart said:
they won't when they know that this is their last chance.

what last chance?
tbh, there is no last chance and no ban possible... everybody that believes in "ban forever" lives in a dreamworld.
Same counts for the sentence 100% cheat secure... i can prove that this is not possible as far as you count "every non-default setting of the game as a cheat because it gives you a advantage".
so the discussion is useless...
i really dont want to be a bitch here, but i am just trying to stay realistic.

Oh, and my 2 cents are:

I bet 80% of the ppl in this league would not notice a cheater on a server while playing their selves. Most of it is only proveable with logfiles and cheatprotection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avalanche
Hector said:
but if someone genuinely feels regret
u see, thats the part i find so hard to believe about cheaters. That they regret. They might realize its not nice and they shouldnt have been doing it, ONCE THEY ARE CAUGHT, but before that? What they really honestly deep down regret right after being busted is not that they did it, but that they got found out and will be punished or maybe that they made some mistake that revealed them. Bla bla, repeating myself and others, etc. aso.

@ bart: i have absolutely no tolerance for your "its just a game" attitude. Does it matter that its a computergame and not a "real" one? You wouldnt tolerate cheating in rl games would you? Think breaking rules and doping in sports is fine? Its ok for me to bot against you then? U also call it a virtual hobby ("I take my work and relationships serious, but not a virtual hobby.") - and so what? Since u don't take it serious nobody else should, is that it and if not, what is?
If u dont (want to) play by the rules or dont mind that others dont u can F right O, and leave the game to those who care enough to play straight (and seriously), whether as a sport, recreational activity or whatever.
"they won't when they know that this is their last chance." excuse me. AHAHAHAHHAHA! no, i didnt laugh, i just pretended to. In my experience its just so wrong its not funny.

THE major driving reason behind a permban - like cdkey banning in some games - is, how can u trust someone like that again? Why should u believe they will keep playing by the rules (and the spirit of the rules), from the time they are busted? Isnt that dangerously like saying: "Go ahead. Cheat ur little heart out until u get caught, then u are forgiven, but have to behave u little rascal. now off you go, <pat on the head and wave goodbye>."?
Fel already hinted at the answer, which is you cant.
Fel: "Most of it is only proveable with logfiles and cheatprotection."
Most cheaters that are around, arent caught EXACTLY because logfiles and cheatprotection dont detect and record them. Why am i saying so? Because those that are caught by that are quickly weeded out, leaving only those knowing how to (find the shit to) escape detection. For a long time demos have been, and still are, the only way when the anticheating software isnt getting them. Add to that, some cheats are very hard to spot on demos (confused with high skill or luck(like blind spamshots)) and some other types are undetectable on demos. bla bla, repeating stuff already posted around the place... would get a new pc and go 2k4 or whatever current shooter, but i hear that is filthily cheatinfested already as well.
Maybe its true what they say, when u get fed up enough to leave, u dont post a (public) bye post, coz u dont want to give anyone the satisfaction and have that msg to play with and pervert. Maybe im sounding like a weedhead, but i feel like i understand why psy freaked - and forgive him. So much rot and so many taking pleasure in getting away with cheating, ppl even defending it now, not to forget the utter crap attitudes and behavior on pubs and in matches and well all over the league really.

bye for now, might be back early 2005. wont be missing any but a few of you if i dont.

Reactions: Felerian
Largo said:
Does it matter that its a computergame and not a "real" one?
yes it does and it also cares in which case someone cheats.

You wouldnt tolerate cheating in rl games would you?
depends

Think breaking rules and doping in sports is fine?
where did i say that? Cheating is never fine or good, but it isn't dramatic when it happends to you in UT.

When you earn money with a sport (nevermind if it's Golf, Soccer or even E-Sports(computer games)) it isn't ok.
But noone in uta earns money for playing UT-AS. It's just for fun and 'honor'.
So it isn't important if you lose or win.

Apropos sport and money:
What happends when someone proofs that a althlet cheated (i.e. doping)?
He get's a ban for some months (or years), but after this periode he gets a second chance.
That's exactly the right punishment for cheaters who got caught for the first time in my point of view.

Its ok for me to bot against you then?
It's ur decision whether you bot or not. If you wanna destroy the fun of a real challenge that's your problem.
But i don't care if i've to play versus cheaters, if ur questions was aimed at my "feelings".

U also call it a virtual hobby ("I take my work and relationships serious, but not a virtual hobby.") - and so what? Since u don't take it serious nobody else should, is that it and if not, what is?
don't care what others think. Just wanted to point out why i've my opinion.

If u dont (want to) play by the rules or dont mind that others dont u can F right O, and leave the game to those who care enough to play straight (and seriously), whether as a sport, recreational activity or whatever.
i never broke the rules and i never wont....nor i didn't mention that breaking the rules is good.

"they won't when they know that this is their last chance." excuse me. AHAHAHAHHAHA! no, i didnt laugh, i just pretended to. In my experience its just so wrong its not funny.
a) someone used a spambot for forums. The banning lasted some months. Now after he returned he never will use a spambot again.
-> he learned from his mistake.
(let's hope that he's so smart ;))
b) the guys (in this league) who cheated and got caught, did they continue with their cheating after they rejoined the league?
(nah, no names here :p: )

getting away with cheating, ppl even defending it now, not to forget the utter crap attitudes and behavior on pubs and in matches and well all over the league really.
who defends cheating? :confused:
i never said that cheating is good, but utas-cheating ain't so dramatic, that we've to punish firsttime-cheaters with overrated punishments.

Last edited:
a) someone used a spambot for forums. The banning lasted some months. Now after he returned he never will use a spambot again.
-> he learned from his mistake.
(let's hope that he's so smart )

For about the third time Bart, this isn't a mistake. He knew not to use a spambot in the first place. He knew that he would get banned if caught. But he did it anyway. So in fact he learned nothing that he didn't already know.