Another discussion...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
We had a weird thing with tele hammer-camping when we played R-C the other night. Someone on our team was hammer-camping the tele in the Tower in Siege, and we couldn't get through the tele at all - it just kept spitting us back out. Maybe worth looking at please.

And mute individual players would be nice too.

And maybe if someone is caught botting or cheating, kick them out the league and DON'T let them back in for a change...

Useless said:
We had a weird thing with tele hammer-camping when we played R-C the other night. Someone on our team was hammer-camping the tele in the Tower in Siege, and we couldn't get through the tele at all - it just kept spitting us back out. Maybe worth looking at please.

And mute individual players would be nice too.

And maybe if someone is caught botting or cheating, kick them out the league and DON'T let them back in for a change...

LOL noob

Useless said:

I guess your tele camper was standing a little bit wrong. Telefragging your teamm8 through a teleporter is not possible, the teleporter then will reject the teleportation. If your teamm8 is standing withing that area that would cause him to get telefragged, he will block the teleporter for your team completely.

Cratos said:
I guess your tele camper was standing a little bit wrong. Telefragging your teamm8 through a teleporter is not possible, the teleporter then will reject the teleportation. If your teamm8 is standing withing that area that would cause him to get telefragged, he will block the teleporter for your team completely.

haha pld 24 :P

Useless said:
botting ain't cheating or why you used an "or"? ;)
anyway i don't agree here.
Sure cheating (consisting of botting or lagging...or *cough* spamming *cough*) is lame and just wrong, but kicking some1 out of the league only coz he cheated once (<-"once" not "twice"...sry pete ;) ) goes too far.

Every1 should have a second chance, although if we gonna use this rule we shoud get rid of many league wankers :D

Ow well then I'll just bot till some1 proves I do and then continue without my bot ... :o /sarcasm
IMO botters should not be allowed to reenter league, if you can't manage to deal with FEW very clear rules you shouldnt play here at all.
Also a harder punishment for botting clans should be made like getting send to HZ or something :P :sofa:

Every1 should have a second chance

I've never understood this point of view even slightly :confused: Assuming everyone who joins this league can read English, they will know the league rules. But with this second chance stuff, that would mean anyone could join and just bot or otherwise cheat until they get caught. Then they just cheerfully play the second chance card with a big shit-eating grin, while everyone they cheated against can do zero about it.

Joining the league is your one chance. You read the rules, you know that if you cheat and get caught you will be kicked out. What is hard about sticking to those rules?

Botters didn't make any mistake. They didn't download and install a bot by accident. They knew what they were doing and should have to deal with the consequences. No-one should need to be give a second chance, since no-one should have abused their first one.

EDIT: Just saw Bossk's post which is pretty much what I meant too.

Last edited:
Joining the league is your one chance. You read the rules, you know that if you cheat and get caught you will be kicked out. What is hard about sticking to those rules?
sure clear rules.

You made the driving license, you know the speed limit, but you drive faster.
Should you never be allowed to drive a car or should that just be seen as a little mistake when noone was hurt? Humans ain't perfect and make mistakes...
99% of the drivers (including me :sofa: ) drive too fast, although that's dangerous and much worser than botting in a "just-for-fun" computer game.

Don't understand me wrong. I'm not the lawyer of cheaters and i never cheated, but seeing that cheating is a real crime is, in my eyes, ridiculous.
I just feel sorry for cheaters, they cheat to proof others that they are good. That's sad enough, but when others flame, blame them coz they did ONCE a mistake that is sadder (<-this word exists? lol).
Guess there are many more and more important things than a cheat-witchhunting, like some guys (especially on pubs) do.
:blabla:

Also a harder punishment for botting clans should be made like getting send to HZ or something
hope that you wanted to indicate with the :sofa:, that this statement from you wasn't meant serious, coz that would be the worst rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mushroomhead
Bart said:
Don't understand me wrong. I'm not the lawyer of cheaters and i never cheated, but seeing that cheating is a real crime is, in my eyes, ridiculous.

It's because it's "just a game" that the punishment should be so harsh. It's that attitude that makes it easy for cheaters to convince themselves they're not that bad - "Hey chill out, it's just a game" and it's so difficult to police that when you DO have evidence then that person should be made an example of.

Yes it's just a game. But go calculate how many hours of your life, that you will never get back, you've spent playing it.

If you've played for 4 years and averaged 6 hours a week (that's pretty conservative taking matches and publics into consideration, especially if you play pro, IG and std) you've played for 52 days.

Actually that's not as much as I thought. Forget I said anything. :P

Yes it's just a game. But go calculate how many hours of your life, that you will never get back, you've spent playing it.

If you've played for 4 years and averaged 6 hours a week (that's pretty conservative taking matches and publics into consideration, especially if you play pro, IG and std) you've played for 52 days
well, i wasted more than ur mentioned 52 days with UT, but i didn't see the connection. That's not a real reason to kick some1 out of the league for cheating once.

It's because it's "just a game" (...) It's that attitude
is this attitude bad?
I saw guys who take this unimportant game very serious, that's worser.

Depends what you call serious. I imagine the people that built and administer the league and these forums take it at least a little bit seriously or why would they waste their time and effort? And clans that turn up at predetermined times to play matches, and people who donate servers or pay for their own clanservers, they all could be said to be taking it quite seriously. Sometimes it's good to be serious about having fun.

Oh, but we're not allowed to be serious about cheating is that it? It's ok to spend time and money on it but you're not allowed to actually be a bit upset when someone basically comes in and pisses all over everyone and laughs at them?

I don't mind cheaters being given second chance but I'd like to see them work for it. Like do something in/for the forums as payback and to show they regret their actions.

Reactions: Lex_Mortis and Bart
Hector said:
Depends what you call serious. I imagine the people that built and administer the league and these forums take it at least a little bit seriously or why would they waste their time and effort?
it's understandable that they have to threat that more seriously than others.
the only point i've problems with is that someone who made ONE mistake should get kicked form the league. (Atleast some dudes mentioned that).
Oh, but we're not allowed to be serious about cheating is that it? It's ok to spend time and money on it but you're not allowed to actually be a bit upset when someone basically comes in and pisses all over everyone and laughs at them?
pardon me, where did i say that you can't be upset?
I'm annoyed and angy aswell when a botter headshots me every 4 secs. That's not the point.

I don't mind cheaters being given second chance but I'd like to see them work for it. Like do something in/for the forums as payback and to show they regret their actions.
That's exactly my pov.
Ban cheater-"virgins" for few weeks or months, but not forever.

Reactions: Hector
A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention

So how is botting a mistake? It's got nothing to with bad judgment or ignorance - botters knew exactly what they were doing and what they were doing was cheating. Crime and cheating has nothing to do with mistakes - they are deliberate actions by people who broke rules which they knew were there. I'll just go and rob a bank, then when I get caught I'll just claim it was a mistake and I can have my second chance. Lol right.

If you break the league rules you should have to deal with the consequences and the league rule is 'don't bot'. So why should the rules bend around anyone? And if they do then why are they even there? I remember being really disappointed when Raichu reappeared, since it was posted in the Doctaluv thread that he was permanently banned. We were told why he was banned but not why he got back in, and at that point I lost a lot of respect for the way the league was run, at least as far as dealing with botters was concerned.

And how can you illustrate your point by comparing botting to speeding, then say that botting isn't the same as crime? You just contradicted yourself :confused:

Useless said:
So how is botting a mistake? It's got nothing to with bad judgment or ignorance - botters knew exactly what they were doing and what they were doing was cheating.
you ever drunk too much?
Or you ever slapped an other guy?
You knew what you did AND you did it. That was a mistake. Don't think that humans are so perfect that they see all consequences.
Crime and cheating has nothing to do with mistakes
wrong.
The reason for many crime cases are based on mistakes.

You drank to much and drove with ur car.
(Mistake: you drank to much, crime: you drive with ur car)
I remember being really disappointed when Raichu reappeared, since it was posted in the Doctaluv thread that he was permanently banned.
guess we all agree the fact das Raichu is a bit....special/wanker
And how can you illustrate your point by comparing botting to speeding, then say that botting isn't the same as crime? You just contradicted yourself :confused:
well i didn't say that botting is as evil as speeding.
I just gave an extreme example.
Compared with Speeding botting is just nonsense (like this conversation and whole discussion btw).
Maybe you are the wisest man on our planet and you never did something wrong in ur entire life. :bowdown:

next post is not really on topic, but is about botters:

Would anyone like to do some matches where everyone is allowed to use bots, radars , ...? So the botters could get some action :o

Should I make a new thread?

No need to be sarcastic Bart. I've made mistakes and I've also did things deliberately when I knew I shouldn't. And I was intelligent enough to spot the differecne between the two, even if other people aren't. So far not one of the examples you've given have been mistakes. But never mind that since we're obviously not going to agree...

Anyway the next time you encounter a botter in pubs, or possibly even in a match, see if you still feel the same way.

Hector said:
Must spread some more before...soz no green then :/ In rl someone pulling stunts like that is going to be at the wrong end of some well deserved thrashing, for purpose of retribution/revenge, deterence of reoffending and reminding others its not tolerated.
I mind. name exampe(s) of specific offence you would say isnt bad enough - on server or directed at server/players, no matter how it is done.
bart said:
Compared with Speeding botting is just nonsense (like this conversation and whole discussion btw).
:ban: It's rather interesting that you have so "soft views" on botters and the like >( Your analogies to "real crime" miss the important point that they generally carry much harder punishment, a mark on your crimerecord, possibly also reduced creditrating and increased insurance cost, harder to get some jobs,....
What kind of punishment and deterence is "no utas matches for u" e.g. for 1 month? There are other games (and ut gametypes), and some of that time would likely be spent looking for "better" - as in better hidden - cheats. And trying to creep back with dupe accounts.

short of the trojan defense ("buhuhu, its not fair cuz someone/<name-enemy-clan> backdoored my pc and put a bot on it") botting is deliberate, malicious intent and considering the harm it does isnt something which can be shown much, if any, leniency.

Reactions: Useless