Another AS mapping idea...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Regular mappers could help me by answering this question:

I had an idea about a map based around a prison complex. The theme was that the attackers have to break into a prison and free their teammates as fast as possible, then escape and blow the place up as they leave. And the defence have to try and stop them as usual. But the map would start with, for example, 2 attackers playing vs two def (the guards) The first 2 attackers have to get to their teammates in the cells as soon as they can, but as they release one 'prisoner' this rings an alarm bell which lets another 'guard' leave his post (which would presumably be locked until the alarm was sounded). So it has gone from 2 v 2 to 3 v 3. Then another prisoner is rescued which releases another guard, and so on until it's 6 v 6 and all the attackers have to escape again. Each prisoner would be in an individual cell, each one with its own guard room. The prisoners and guards would be unable to leave their places until either the cell was opened (for attack) or the alarm was raised (for def once the adjacent cell is opened).

So would this be possible to do in the AS mod?

If you don't get wtf I'm on about lemme know and I'll draw a diaphragm or mb just a diagram.

Last edited:
this won't b that good in insta tho, as it's 4vs4 :(

i like u'r idea tho :D would b good 4 std. and pro :)

looks like it's difficult to let a particular player spawn on a particular place

suicide a few times and you will spawn on a place that you can attack imidatly
so it's 3-2 or summin.

btw would give a nice twist to assault.. (you can't do very much tactics because you don't know when you may play)

but it sucks aswell;1: i don't want to sit in a cell for a couple of minutes and do nothing...
2: when the 2 worsest players spawn from attacking against 2 good ones in defending it would give a full def right away

Yeah I wondered about the spawn points but there must be a way to fix a player to that spot. If there isn't then it is a pretty useless idea but maybe some mutator could be written to affix spawn points to one place for certain players. Insta would work in 4 v 4 or Pro - just 2 less cells to open. Although if all cells were needed to be opened as objectives so complete the map, it would mean opening two cells that didn't actually release any of your team-mates. Though if you released your team-mates first, those remaining cells would be easier to attack. Or something, who knows...

U cant force certain player to spawn/not spawn, unless u figure how to disable suicide its impossible imo.

Could u make it so that if the attackers don't get an objective within a certain time then a third attacker is released without the objective being taken, then another time and then a forth attacker,,just in case you get n00bs like me attacking 1337 defenders :D

Still hanging around waiting to be released is a pain in the arse..You play Jailbreak???