Also presented: The PSP!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fra*gg*er

Apr 17, 2004
Germany
http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/513/513432/vids_1.html

Man!
This one is wicked! Such nice graphics on this fucking display! This E³ is really I shocking!
Check it out, very nice one ;)
psp_0221.jpg

psp_0156.jpg

psp_0655.jpg

tbh i would wait till you see what the new nintendo protable can do as well as from what i've seen and heard its gonna be a little bit more powerfull.....

The PSP looks nice but I just read elsewhere that it'll have a battery life of 2.5 hours. If that's true then that isn't nearly enough.

I'd still prefer Nintendo's creativeness and experience over this newcomer anytime.
Has a price been announced yet? I assume it will be about twice a Nintendo DS when they're both out? :?

I have to agree with you. Sony seems to be trying to use the same strategy as with their consoles (trying to cram everything in there), and that's just foolish.

No price announced yet, but there are rumours going around saying it'll be $300 US.

Apparently that 2.5 hour battery life only applies to movies and 10 hours for audio. However, if it can only handle 10 hours of audio then there's no way it's going to last long for games. I'm 90% sure I'll be getting a DS when it's released but atm I don't know if I'll ever get the PSP. Of course, I won't actually decide that until I know more about the system and games...

Mind you, according to Nintendo the DS is not made to compete with the PSP (as far as graphics etc goes)
Nintendo's new Gameboy is up for that task, I wonder when they'll start talking about that :x
Nice to see these kind of 3D graphics on portable systems :)

I know they've said that but just look at all the high profile games that are being made for the DS (Metroid, 2 Mario games, FF: Crystal Chronicles, etc). It seems to me that they decided not to call it a Gameboy for two reasons:
1) They don't want people who recently bought an SP to feel cheated
2) If the DS bombs like the Virtual Boy, they don't want to tarnish the Gameboy name

It's confirmed

If you are playing a game that is consistently cycling through and putting the CPU to good use, yeah, battery life is going to be shorter. Maybe about two and a half, three hours.
From this interview. That's just pathetic. PlayStation Portable my ass.