Adding Assault Maps

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Jason F

Aug 11, 2001
Langdon Hills, Essex
Right, now am I quite new to UT ( I have never played online ) and I am really enjoying the Assault Game. I have added some new maps into the Maps menu, but when I run UT it doesn`t find them ?!? What am I doing wrong !!???!?! I can add DOM maps etc.. quite happily, but not Assault.... Heeeeeellllpppp

Jas:mad:

all u got to do is put the right files in the right folders...
.unr =maps
.umx =music
.uax =sounds
.utx =Textures
.u =System
.int=system

The bugger still doesn`t want to work I`m afraid.. It just doesn`t seem to want to know more Assault Maps, I`ve even checked the Custom Maps Option and it won`t have it.. Is there anywhere I can manually insert them ?!?

I am running version 486 or so, GOTY edition..

Yep, it is a Practice Session I am trying to do ( Hardly Play the ordinary game anymore ).

The only way I can play them is to click on the .UNR Icon in the Maps Directory ( I downloaded AREA51 last night and AirportTerror just now, and the .Unr is in the Maps Dir, and the .utx is in the Textures Dir ) But when I run the Airport it cannot find file for package Airport

:(

weird, can u still add more dom maps ?

maybe u reached a maximum amount of maps. Only other thing, but this would also affect all maps is if u put maps in different dirs and edit ur utini file to show paths of all maps.

Ace, I just downloaded a DM match, and it can`t find it either.. :(
I don`t think I`ve got more than 100 Maps in the Maps Dir, and I moved 20 of them into another Directory (Sub) and changed the UnReal Tournament.INI to point to it as well..
So now it doesn`t seem to let me add any new maps at all.. Is there a file I need to change to enable it to spot new maps or anything ?!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Feel free to mail me at [email protected] if you`ve got the answer ( To all you smarties out there )

Jason :P

u gotta check your directory. If u installed to the default directory, all the maps should be in c:\UnrealTournament\Maps\ and the textures/sounds etc in their respective subs. Some customs autoinstall to other directories but most u specify the directory in Winzip (or whatever). Sounds to me like u may have put the customs in the wrong directory. If they are in the right ones they should appear in the assault list under the practice menu. Check to see if the maps u CAN [play are in the same directory as the customs

edit: damn those stoopid smilies lol. I mean of course c: \ (no spaces)

:cow:

i think there is not limit because there is some months i had 330 maps in my ut files and 7 differents mods installed

The only problem i had........it was really slow when i would launc ut that s all

Originally posted by Twonko
[BCheck to see if the maps u CAN [play are in the same directory as the customs

edit: damn those stoopid smilies lol. I mean of course c: \ (no spaces) [/B]

Yes, all my Maps are in Unreal Tournament\Maps

The problem is if I re-install I`ll loose the Tactical Ops and Chaos UT with all the other maps, take me ages to get them back again..

And no, I have not installed the BonusPack 418..

And, I have No idea what this Map Manager Is..

But, I did change the UT.Init file to add Maps/Maps and moved some there, but that doesn`t work either !

I think it is looking like a re-install is the only way

:(

Thanks everyone for your help

Jas