ADC rip off

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

grizz

Drugstore Cowboy
Jun 8, 2001
in the trees!
soz ADC but i thought this was a good idea so have tea-leaved it...

ur top 5 games (not in any order) and why....

1 - UT - without it we wouldnt be here (in the forum dumbass)
2 - halflife - best single player FPS i reckon (atm anyway)
3 - paradroid - originality - suspect not many ppl will know it tho..
4 - deus ex - best single player FPS i reckon (hmmn deja-vu)
5 - manic miner - im with tnega on this one - first game i ever got engrossed in and completed...

Ok...

1. HomeWorld - RTS space game, simply stunning :eek:
2. HalfLife - FPS superb looks, story, the lot. The yard stick by which all others are judged :coolfip:
3. Elite - Very few games earn the title of `a classic' but this is definately 1 of them :)
4. Phoenix - Arcade Game - How many 10p's did i put in that sodding machine in the cab office in Welling High Street for month after month...after month? :lol:
5. UT - Well, had to put it in didnt i! ;)

1, Zelda- Ocarina- spent every waking hour for 2 weeks playing it, almost broke up a relationship because of it.

2, UT- have lost too many hours to it despite sucking like an asthmatic whore on a treadmill.

3, X-COM, you could name whole teams after your mates and fantasy women!

4, Some american football game that I can't remember- you could name whole teams after your mates and fantasy women!

5, That arcade game where you jump up and down platforms digging holes and burying aliens in it. Unforgettable!

I actually didn't like Half Life. Dunno why. Answers on a postcard, preferably including the words 'g4y, f4g and spastic'

:D

1: Armada 2: Star Trek Strategy Game just owned. great gameplay. incredible sound. much Borg killing :evil:

2: I war 2: Space combat sim. Best space combat sim I've ever seen. you can fly in space as long as you want. space is so big

3: Homeworld: classic and great. still have to look for that other homeworld game

4: Starlancer. other space combat before I war 2. very good looking. great fights. A real thrill

5: Freespace 2. Yes another space sim. for that time it was made a great gameplay. huge beam cannons fireing at you huge dreadnoughts fighting with eachother. just class

Last edited:
U R ALL FUCKING WRONG.................OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Renegade (Spectrum still foots arse with this game........i still remember the goddamn music and bone crunching noises)

2) Streetfighter 2 champ edition ( I remember in amazement as i could play as M.Bison---timeless)

3) Tony Hawks Pro Skater ( I lost a solid 2 weeks playing this game to the death...rocking music as well)

4) CS (i love its realism and the feeling of knecapping a terrorist with a silenced colt...........briliant)

5) UT (i love its Un-realism........and the greatest dependancy of teamwork in a game for ages)

ok as for the first games that grabbed yer attention....skooldaze and monty mole roooooooooled.

CS is good but too many controls

btw haggis u should play Tactical Ops, it's an UT mod just like CS will post a link if ur interested

Originally posted by Protocol
hey DT notcied u didn't include RTCW, i did finally get a copy of it;) and it's 1 of the best pc games i've played

Hmmn, Protocol, I agree with you that some aspects of RTCW are good, as in in-game oponent movement looking realistic, the textures are cool. But the AI sucks, the maps are all far too linear and the single player game is far far too easy on the hardest combat mode, shoulda had at least 2 more difficulty options.
Thats the single player mode...when I get the multiplayer to work, then I may mellow somewhat to this game.:)
Tac Ops, while using the UT engine, is far too simple and is only good for the odd thrash.
CS on the other hand is a thourouly involving multiplayer experience.

Yep, i agree that RTCW (single) turned out to not be as good as i'd hoped. On screen appearance is stunning but yes, some of the missions are to linear...and too short :( Best sniping options ive seen in a game so far though :) I also think the last boss/mission was a real let down. Its almost as if they were in a bit of a rush to get it finished :mad:

Saying all that, i think the online multi games look superb :)

Isnt CS cheat riddled?

I looked @ Red Faction online and it was laggy whatever the server :(
It seems to be like UT's poorer relation.
I might be wrong, there may be some aspects of the game could redeem it, but personally im not prepared to look for them.

Make no mistake Cs roolz.
I have bin playing it since the first beta. but DT is correct i used to run a clan but got truly pissed off when punkbuster stopped and the cheats become more and more>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tactical ops feels to UT'y and the engine doesnt suite a game like CS...its the origonal and BEST.

Here's the ones that come to the top of my head, not in any particular order though cause it's impossible to judge them since the time period and game genre are completely different.

Chuckie Egg - 1st game i ever got hooked on - wore out the keys on my trusty Acorn Electron.

Street Fighter 2 - This game speaks for itself in the way it has spwaned clone after clone - remember playing it and pulling off a flying kick then spinning kick followed by a dragon punch right on the chops with a massive crowd standing watching...:D

Zelda Orcarina - Near perfection

Goldeneye - 1st fps i really got into. an absolutely hard as nuggets game i still havent finished on medium or hard levels.

Gauntlet - i think i must have spent all my dads spare change and more on this one.

And very close but no cigar:
Mario 64
Any game by Thalamus on the C64.
UT
Sam Fox strip poker
Civ
Bubble Bobble on the C64

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wan

Street Fighter 2 - This game speaks for itself in the way it has spwaned clone after clone - remember playing it and pulling off a flying kick then spinning kick followed by a dragon punch right on the chops with a massive crowd standing watching...:D

They weren't real Andy. They were background pics with overlaid sprites. They also weren't 'your friends'. ;)

Goldeneye - 1st fps i really got into. an absolutely hard as nuggets game i still havent finished on medium or hard levels.

*cough* me too.

Blaspheemer!

i meant when real ppl gathered around the machine ppl were playing on.

UT is fucking brilliant but i dont think it is as ground breaking as other games. Tho UT2 sounds to be the game we have all been waiting for. I read somewhere that there is no assault mode :(

Originally posted by Wan
i meant when real ppl gathered around the machine ppl were playing on.

Don't believe you. Go on, name them. And you're not allowed names that end with >]SaW[<, household cleaning products or anything else within your field of view.

i dont know who they were. just some down and outs like me skiving school to play games and rebel against society's enforcement of education for all.

I support all forms of protest. About anything. Especially my uncle's Alzheimer's Awareness Protest Group who recently gathered outside Parliament with the rousing cry of:

Uncle: "What do we want?"

Crowd: "Can't remember"

Uncle: "When do we want it?"

Crowd: "What?"

:freak:

(c) Oldies but Goodies, Ltd.