ACE Testing

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

weirdo it occured during a map change for me, dont remember if it was the 2nd round of a map or a completely new map, but it wasnt during gameplay at least.

crashg.png

had the same prob during pug last nite, cudnt solve it yet

Oh for those who play ctf aswell, ACE is gonna be put on ctf servers soon aswell. You can finally change your crosshairscale there by typing mutate ace crosshairscale 1, 1 is default and you can also increase it by using a higher number than 1

Last edited:
Yesterday i kept crashing every 5 to 10 min, so i decide to clear my cache with ut cache converter and it worked :D

v0.6l did have a silly firewall related bug indeed. I'm fixing that garbagecollector crash you've posted in NPLoader v1.5c. I'm hoping it's not that common though.

i crashed like 4 times during 1 pug, it always happens near the end of the match. i sent timo log files.

Given that Anthrax is doing all the hard work in providing us a tool to help keep our beloved game on even grounds, it would be unfair of me to take any of the credit away from him.

We are all definitely very greatful that he's spending the time to make ACE compatible with our relatively small corner of the game!

Of course the up-side for the project (and I hope Anth agrees) is that by checking comptibility against one of the "heaviest" of the core game-types (that's Assault if you weren't following), then it should cover a large amount of potential bugs that would've been encountered in the wild later on - so everyone wins!

2 things I have noticed;

Firstly the latest UTPure used on most DM and Multiplay servers detects a certain ACE.u file as a cheat, secondly I seem to have problems playing back demos which have been recorded on the Pug server. They crash after 4-5 seconds with another error about an ACE file. I can take screenshots if needed..

I have the same demo manager problem, here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 281
When i join the server, i see the map for like 0,5 seconds and then instantly crash to desktop. I get something like "Can't bind to native class NPLoaderLL_v15b.NPLLLActor", so I think its trying to dl the ACE client, but cant...

What operating system are you running? Are you running in any compatibility mode? And what happens if you scan the NPLoaderLL_v15b.dll file with your virusscanner?

I play UT on Win98 (gives me the least problems with UT) and the virusscanner says nothing. Maybe its the firewall. Got one running and the router prolly has one too

Hmm, my dlls aren't compatible with windows 98. Wasn't really aware of the fact that anyone was still using that OS. I'm not sure if it would be wise to support win98 either since that would mean I have to switch back to a 10 year older compiler than the one I'm using.

Maybe its possible to detect the OS and classify it as incompatible be4 it crashes the game to desktop. Seen that working with certain versions of Linux and open BSD based OS be4.