Info, Tips & Tricks ACE problems/fixes/help

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
This is in regards to League server #2 unreal://91.196.105.131:7787

ACE version: 0.8H (as of 03.08.2010)

*** KNOWN ISSUES ***

* Supported operating systems: Windows 9x is unsupported. Transgaming's engine for Mac OS doesn't seem to work either. The native Mac OS clients do work. Support for transgaming's engine is not an option at the moment because I do not have access to a native Mac OS installation.

* Glitches and mouse issues: In rare cases players may experience input issues. This can be solved by using the "mutate ace highperftoggle" command.

* Framerate issues: Players using older hardware may notice that their framerate is capped below their frameratelimit. Although this often has no visible consequences, these people can use either the "mutate ace highperftoggle" or "mutate ace compattoggle" commands to fix the problem.

Taken from ACE readme, current version 0.8H

*** HELPFUL TIPS ***

* To remove the the demo recording message, type in console 'mutate ACE hidedemostatus'

* Comodo internet Security has an issue with letting nploader install mods if unrealtournament.exe is not whitelisted

* If you go from a UTDC server to an ACE protected server you will be kicked, restart UT or type flush in console

* You can use the command 'mutate ACE help' to see available commands

*** IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ***

Provide me a copy of your unrealtournament.log which is in your UT system folder immediately after you have crashed or closed UT, the file is overwritten upon starting UT.
Notify me of the date, time, map and nick being used when you had an issue so I can track down the approriate ACE logfile

Hi

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority the sniper don't work on ace -140 servers 8g and 8h
bNeverAutoSwitch=False

idea?

I use the autoswitch and it works fine, it autochanges to sniper regardless of weapon im holding, ACE certainly shouldnt/wont interfere with this.

The only issue I could see is that maybe youve played on a server that adds new weapons, fixed rockets from dog for example, which would change the order. Check your weapon priority and make sure that sniper is high up the list.

I think i have a to long file : 49 rifles
with 49 it run offline or on servers DM TDM CTF bur no ACE-140

I have test with the original DefUser.ini and it's ok with all modes :)THX

Last edited:
I constantly get disconnected during pugs because 'time out during checks'... Is there a fix for that? It didn't occur until about a couple of months ago..

Nothing has changed on Pug server recently, usually timeouts are down to a problem at your end. Either connection acting up or something interferring like a firewall.

oki, my conn is indeed unstable, fiber 50mb in/out and i still cannot get a stable ping for a 10 yo game... sigh..