a question/comment about brajan's "announcement" thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
this thread isn't in a flaming purpose, it is only here because brajan's announcement got me confused as some things seem contradictive to what happened yesterday...

brajan said:
Please keep in mind that UTA forums are public and it's available for anyone including kids.
Keep your language clean and if you really have some problems with other member(s) or clan(s) from this community DON'T make a thread about it. Sort it on IRC/MSN/IRC or anywhere else but not on public forums!
Those kind of threads (example: "gogo NA" thread) only giving this community bad name nothing more.

Any post/thread with flames will be deleted and author will receive infraction points which will cause different penalties for repeated offenders.

There will be no excuses in giving infraction points. I don't care if you just replayed to someone's else insult. If you fell insulted use post reporting thingie! This way admins and mods can react faster.

Have a nice day!
ok first I must say I totally agree with all the content of that announcement, and I did believe the same thing yesterday. But here's a few things that get me confused.

"
if you really have some problems with other member(s) or clan(s) from this community DON'T make a thread about it. Sort it on IRC/MSN/IRC or anywhere else but not on public forums!
"
hmmm hmm that's exactly what I did yesterday, I've been blamed for "starting flames" and "stirring" on IRC yesterday when in fact I only responded to uZi's flames towards squirrel, uZi made his point but when he ran out of arguments he started insulting squirrel, and that pissed me off so I did exactly what brajan said I should do, and it still ended up to me receiving an official warning for IAC.... Please explain.
Not to mention that this flamewar that I took away from the forums into IRC got me banned from #utapug when I was signed for a pug, for that I blame fu2 who op-ed X-B in an obvious attempt to have X-B ban me which he did. I already made a thread about that specific IRC situation and it got locked without any serious reply by an admin concerning that IRC op abuse.

"
If you fell insulted use post reporting thingie! This way admins and mods can react faster.
"
hmmm hmmm, that I did once, to X-B's reply #99 in the gogo NA thread, very shortly after it was locked because I think i had played a pug when it got locked and I only read the post after.... I felt very offended by it since it basically told us to "f*ck off back to naat" and similar unnecessary offensive comments.
Shortly after reporting the post, admin smantie said something along the lines of "tell html that if he reports another post he's fucking banned" so here again, to report or not to report ??? very confusing all this.

"
Any post/thread with flames will be deleted and author will receive infraction points which will cause different penalties for repeated offenders.
"
I could have reported a few posts by X-B in the go go NA thread because he made more then 1 offensive posts but since I didn't want to be "fucking banned" I do not report any more posts.

I know for a fact im not the only one to have been offended by X-B's post's and not the only one to have hit the report "!" button. But I have yet to see any kind of "penalties" to X-B.

Please clarify these few points because the way I see it right now, for doing what brajan said we all should do I got:
-banned from #utapug
-kicked from a pug I ws legitimately signed in
-threatened to be "fucking banned" for reporting an offensive post
-given an official IAC warning...

Last edited:
To all moderators, this is not the first time HTML has opened a thread, discussing something that has already been explained in another thread. Several times it has quite explicitly been said not to. Yet he does it and gets away with it all the time.

TO HTML, PM THE FLIPPING FORUM MODERATOR FOR CLARIFICATION.

BTW i have been punished - Infractions: 0/1 (25)

however i yet to see squirrel being punished for telling me to stick it up my ass.An offensive post is an offensive post, so i dunno what the admins are doing cause what squirrel said was offensive, even though he covered it with 50 million other words of pure shite, its still offensive.

Last edited:
Squirrel was right, stick it up allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll your asses.

Bush for PM.

i can dance all day
Code:
 <(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)> <(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)><(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)>
 <(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)> <(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)><(^,^<) (>^,^)> (7^.^)7 <(^.^)>

lol.. I ran outta arguements - html you always have to word things so it makes you and you little gay lovers look like the coolest kids in gayboytown. The reason I stopped posting was I went to play a pug or 2 and by the time I'd got back the thread was closed.

Just ban the little cunt and be done with it tbh

can we ban you too

keep it up guys, i get a good laugh everyday...

Specially when i know html used like 2 hours make that essay :D

Well html, imo i'ts your own fault that some admins and people are annoyed by you and / or might abuse you.
Over the past months you earned a pretty bad reputation, caused by some of your threads and posts.

I'm not saying that you had no reasons to complain, but especially when seomeone starts discussing about problems where there aren't really any, has to live with the concequences.

By the time you spent your time here, you should already know that such threads are useless. Why the fuck don't you contact brajan, smantie via pm or in irc?

well I made that thread to reach the concerned admins faster and perhaps everyone in IAC since an announcement for all was made, it would be best if all knew wether or not we should follow it...

because this thread shows, at least from my point of view, that if you follow brajan's announcement you get warnings and threats of banning -_-

so either I read brajan's announcement wrong (and what I did yesterday does not follow the announcement), or he made that post and not all admin's agree to it's content.

hmmm hmm that's exactly what I did yesterday, I've been blamed for "starting flames" and "stirring" on IRC yesterday when in fact I only responded to uZi's flames towards squirrel, uZi made his point but when he ran out of arguments he started insulting squirrel, and that pissed me off so I did exactly what brajan said I should do, and it still ended up to me receiving an official warning for IAC.... Please explain.
I do know anything about IAC warning. You don't have any official warning ... at least i don't see anything so i have no idea what are you talking about however it's hard not to notice you both with Smantie got some problems between each other. I suggest going for 1vs1 or for some beer and chill out.
Forum way of warning and punishment is called INFRACTION POINTS. More you got, closer to ban you are. If you fell Smantie has abused his forum moderator or iac admin rights you can contact forum admin OR other IAC admin.

Not to mention that this flamewar that I took away from the forums into IRC got me banned from #utapug when I was signed for a pug, for that I blame fu2 who op-ed X-B in an obvious attempt to have X-B ban me which he did. I already made a thread about that specific IRC situation and it got locked without any serious reply by an admin concerning that IRC op abuse.
When i said use IRC i mean private chat with that person just like on MSN or ICQ. Not on public channel with loads of ppl who are there for totally different purpose being forced to read some crap flames!

hmmm hmmm, that I did once, to X-B's reply #99 in the gogo NA thread, very shortly after it was locked because I think i had played a pug when it got locked and I only read the post after.... I felt very offended by it since it basically told us to "f*ck off back to naat" and similar unnecessary offensive comments.
Shortly after reporting the post, admin smantie said something along the lines of "tell html that if he reports another post he's fucking banned" so here again, to report or not to report ??? very confusing all this.
Shortly after your report whole thread was closed and removed due to way too much shit init. XB received his infraction points for insulting. No other posts/poster has been reported so nobody else received it. Don't expect me to read every post on this forum and look for those "bad" ones.

I don't know what to say about "tell html that if he reports another post he's fucking banned" tbh.
Posts reporting system is integral part of this forums and it's not just to look nice. It's a tool to help mods and admins with tracking posts that breaks some of forums rules and standards. If you don't abuse it without a reason i don't see how anyone can ban you for this.

I could have reported a few posts by X-B in the go go NA thread because he made more then 1 offensive posts but since I didn't want to be "fucking banned" I do not report any more posts.

I know for a fact im not the only one to have been offended by X-B's post's and not the only one to have hit the report "!" button. But I have yet to see any kind of "penalties" to X-B.
Explained above.

Now end comment.
My announcement was closed for the purpose and there is nothing to discuss!
You opened closed topic.
You posted in wrong forums. My posts was about posts/threads on all UTA forums not only IAC.

Last edited:
Sry tried to post this 40 minutes ago before wireless died :( ::

First off: I think what brajan means by solving your problems on IRC/MSN/ICQ is "send them a PM on IRC and work out your differences" not "post a link in a public channel (i.e. #utapug) to a closed thread and say "that shut you up you cunt."

As for the warnings issued yesterday:
uZi: I had asked him not to discuss/flame about the NA/Eng match until admins decided what to do. If he brings it up and start flaming again there's a good chance there will be penalties
X-Bomb: His behaviour was downright scandalous and he won't be recieving another chance. Futher bahaviour like that in these forums will result in him sitting out matches in this cup.
sneez: If he makes another thread like that he won't be welcome in these forums. He's not even playing in this cup.
heidi_klum: No further warnings will be issued. If he flames again in these forums he won't be playing a few matches.
html: You've got a warning as well and this was explained quite clearly to you 4 hours before you made this thread in your private forums. If you wish to discuss it further you may feel free to contact me.
JACKEL: Don't flame in other countries' flame threads :P

...You clearly weren't the only person warned so don't pretend to be a victim. You're only a victim of the consequences of your own actions and nothing more.

And my comment about you being "fucking banned" was out of line, but merely because you saw it fit to report posts in a closed thread when a warning was already issued, 45 minutes after both were done and THEN have your friends do it to within one minute of you reporting it. That's nothing short of annoying since we only need one report to get a friendly email telling you reported it and it's the pot calling the kettle black, since you were flaming too and being just as inconsiderate. If you disagree or want a further explanation, do as Bartio said and PM me here or on IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.