a little adobe premiere pro program after reinstalling windows

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jEr

-)EaS*
Jan 16, 2004
The Netherlands
lo m8s I reinstalled windows cause my compu was a patient of some kinda virus I think, so I reinstalled the windows (I keep it on a certain partition) and I scanned through all the files in the windows partition so that I don't forget any necessary files, now I also something of adobe premiere pro (which I have installed on another partition) I removed it from the windows partition first, so that I could keep it, just in case it is some kinda map of premiere pro which configs itself or whatever (I have a half-completed long work movie as a project on premiere pro) and after I reinstalled windows, I runned pr pro and it said it didn't have a valid licence key and it needs to reinstall

1: do I need to reinstall? isn't there a way to trick the error?
2: when I need to reinstall, do I keep my projects etc.? and if yes, what do I have to do for that?
3: where are the projects normally saved? (the default saving place?)

plz help me out and mayB you will see a rly c0wl ut-movie one of these weeks ;)

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\1.5

Your projects will be in there. You wont have lost them (unless u formatted all of C:), just make sure ur source files are in a safe place too though before u start messin about. Unless there is a regfixer thing for premiere (which i havent seen) like there is for UT2004 etc i doubt u will be able to get away without reinstallin. When u register / activate premiere it whacks stuff into the registry and when u reinstalled windows u cleared this stuff away and premiere is like "wtf is my activation stuff ... h4xx0r ... u cant play no more"

Havent looked on google yet but u may just be able to enter a few lines yourself into the registry ... dunno.

GL tho :)

try renaming your saved premiere pro then do a fresh reinstall of prem pro

delete the new instalation and replace with the old instalation

that way all the registry information will point to the right places again