4 very new challenges (June)...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless

Bravo
Jun 14, 2002
Scotland
Some new ones for you to make me look like a tit with. Bridge and Frigate are harder than they sound, Overlord is another lame one and Siege is pretty damn hard :D I'll post demos in a couple of weeks (except Overlord cos my demo manager doesn't work with that challenge).

--------

The Bridge Challenge 4

Objectives:

Bridge has at least one of every weapon and one of every assault powerup (belt, pads, armour, keg, boots, vials).
Collect at least one of each in 1:10 or under.

Restrictions:

You must stay on the attacking team at all times.
No cheats or summons etc.
You are not allowed to trigger ANY objective messages apart from Attackers Have Entered The Base and Attackers Have Reached The Bridge.
You are not allowed to use the underwater spawn.
You are not allowed to suicide.
You don't have to collect every single instance of every weapon and every powerup - you just have to have collected AT LEAST ONE of each in the time.

My record:

14:52 remaining

-------

The Frigate Challenge 3

Objectives:

Frigate has at least one of every weapon (apart from plasma) and one of every assault powerup (apart from boots and vials).
Complete the map having collected at least one of each weapon and powerup in 0:41 or under.

Restrictions:

You must stay on the attacking team at all times.
No cheats or summons etc.
You must trigger all three objective messages in order - Ship > Comp > Final.
You are allowed one hammerjump only - no altjumps.
You are only allowed to fire ONE SINGLE projectile during the challenge - two ripper blades or rockets, for example, are not allowed.
You don't have to collect every single instance of every weapon and every powerup - you just have to have collected AT LEAST ONE of each in the time.

My record:

0:40

-------

The Overlord Challenge 1

Objectives:

Destroy the Final panel in 0:30 or under.

Restrictions:

You are allowed godmode, but no summons.
You are not allowed to trigger any messages apart from the Final.
You are only allowed one alt hammerjump - no full ones.
You are allowed to team swap.
You are not allowed to use that grenades / team swap bug.

My record:

0:29

-------

The Siege Challenge 3

Objectives:

Hit the Final button having gone through EVERY teleporter in the map only ONCE. 1:15 time limit.

Restrictions:

Stay on the attacking team.
No console cheats etc.
You are not allowed to pick up any health packs.
You are not allowed to trigger any messages apart from the Final (not including Tnega, cos who cares).
You are not allowed any alt hammerjumps.
You are only allowed TWO hammerjumps.
There are five teleporters - you must go through them all, but only once per teleporter.
You are only allowed to pick up ONE powerup (belt or pads - not both).
You are only allowed to pick up ONE weapon (not including enforcers).

My record:

1:15

Attachments

• Bridge 4.jpg
    Bridge 4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Frigate 3.jpg
    Frigate 3.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Siege 3.jpg
    Siege 3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Overlord 1.jpg
    Overlord 1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Erm I didn't know you could launch yourself all the way into the main window with the mortar - only to one of the towers. If I'm right and you can only reach the towers, you couldn't reach the main window from there anyway, since you're not allowed any hammer-jumps. And if you can reach the main window with the mortar then fair enough but that isn't what I was thinking. The mortar didn't feature in the challenge at all so find another way or I'll get you with sticks.

-LilFvB- said:
says in rules: no teamswapping...

The Overlord Challenge 1

Objectives:

Destroy the Final panel in 0:30 or under.

Restrictions:

You are allowed godmode, but no summons.
You are not allowed to trigger any messages apart from the Final.
You are allowed to team swap.
You are not allowed to use that grenades / team swap bug

Seems you CAN teamswap in this challenge!!!!

umph! nm! :P

i dunno tbh...

but seeing his ss i don't think he did the teamswapping... shouldn't he have 109 in score then? seeing as you usually get -1 when you swap teams....

Ulv said:
i dunno tbh...

but seeing his ss i don't think he did the teamswapping... shouldn't he have 109 in score then? seeing as you usually get -1 when you swap teams....

maybe the mutator which doesnt subtract suicicdes by command from score

Reactions: yako
i did the bridge in 53 seconds.
i did frigate in 39 seconds.
i did siege in 1:05.
no idea how to do overlord!

Last edited:
Bridge 15:10 left
Frigate 38 secs
Siege][ 1:13 i cud perhaps get 1 or 2 secs off my time, but not 8 seconds, no idea riv could do 1:05! DEMO please!

Ice said:
change teams, get rockets, drop them, change back, launch yourself up :P

Exactly :fingers:

I did team swap :P Dunno where that -1 went though.

Bridge 15:10 left
Frigate 38 secs
Siege][ 1:13 i cud perhaps get 1 or 2 secs off my time, but not 8 seconds, no idea riv could do 1:05! DEMO please!

Well it's not much good just typing times - you have to say how you did it...

Here are demos of all except Overlord (UT won't let me demorec and teamswap at same time).

Attachments

• June.zip
    352.6 KB · Views: 30