3vs3 PUG CUP AUTUMN 2012.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be bluntly honest, I don't think 3v3 is the best format for the players signed up. There is a huge gulf between top end and bottom end players remaining in this community. Would be very hard to balance them out.

If you get 24 players, I would say you were better off making 4v4 or 6v6 - All teams play 1 another and then a final of the best 2 teams.

Up to you though =) but I arent anywhere near active enough Im afraid

No, im gonna stick with the 3v3 format. This because ive seen so many times matches not get played because teams are to big. THere is always 1-2 guys missing afk or off on hopliday.This usually happens with a 5v5 4v4 6v6 games

Way easier to arrange a match with only 3 players on each team. Its worth a try and i think it can work as we use pug channel and pug server to set it up real fast. Not complicated at all.

If 6 players in same group are online and every1 else agrees we let them play their match even tho every1 else wants to pug. I think they can wait until the match is over or spectate which could be as fun imo.

This makes players play with same team through at least 3 matches which i think will be fun for the most of us. The second groupmatch will be even funnier after you praccied ur positions in the first match. ;) Lessons learned.

And yes torp and wish. We need like 3-4 more better players in the list so make it really competitive.
ie OD SALVA WEZ and so on.

And yes i think we can do pretty even teams even with 3v3 anyway. Its based both on how good coms u do and ur fragging/as skills.

After we get 24 signups i decide together with 2 pther players and do a quick rate over these 24 players. I do my rate and then pogo his rate and then the 3rd player i decide his rate over all players.Then we summon and divide with 3. The highest i.e wez gets 8,9,9=26 /3 = avg rate. The highest rated will play with the lowest rated
As we are 3 players deciding teams this should work smoothly. The rating is not deadly serious just a lead so we dont pick horrible teams. Every1 dont think the same of another players so its just an indication.
After us 3 picked and rated teams we post em public in forums and every1 can agrees with them. Hopefully it wont be to much of a :cry: fest.

We start PUG CUP when every1 agrees!

Worth a try!
:)

Last edited:
<- 100 F6 5% pl thx NTL ;{

UT_02_Metal_Guard.jpg

she has rockets

Good plan DJ, please count me in :thumb: Bit anoyed about no frogjump but apart from that...

Problem is that the 3v3 format requires a total of 8 teams (if you get 24) but I'm not sure if there are 8 comparable match winners alive in the PUG circuit atm. For example:

DJ
OD
Riv
Salva
Wez

Then we go to players like Axl, Promax, etc. They're excellent but not quite at the same level as those five. Would it therefore be an idea to maybe choose 8 teams of 2 (not including any of these above 5) and then give each team of 2 the option on the night to choose their third player from any of those listed above? This would mean that you're more likely to get the smaller required number of 21 signups (including the above 5), and that the 5 above might get to play even more games. Just an idea.

Now i c what u mean useless. Still that wont give "me" the clan feeling over 3 games or those 4 players thats picked to do this, Nice idea tho. Well see how many signups we get then we decide. Hopefully we get 24 within a couple of days.

We need 9 more atm

Would be great to get wez, salva, od and so on on this cup but its not neccesarry. And useless i dont think we need 8 good players in each team. We can easily even out with 2 mid rated players vs a good player. Trust me this is doable with all players except wish. "Wez" + "a noob" vs "2mid rated" players will be even. This wont be any problem trust me.

Well give it a try.

:)

Looking fwd to it. 3v3 is the most interesting setup for AS - makes some maps so much harder (eg. AutoRIP) but more tactically fun :mic:

well this is promising

leave the teamsize open and then do 3v3, 4v4 whatever based on whats needed to balance teamsizes

hell id prefer two 6v6 teams so long as its balanced rather than 4 unbalanced 3v3

There wont be a 6v6 or 5v5 i told u 3 times. THis because its impossible get all 12 players able to play at same date/time.
This is why last CUPS never finished.

But i agree on one level this as a PLAN B:
At most i can go up to 4v4. With 3 teams in each groups and 4 players in each team it will be the same amout 24 players.
2 teams goes through like said before 1 is out. This we only do IF we cant balance the 3v3 teams.
WEll see. WE need 24 players and after that we start making the 3v3 teams. If ppl cry to much about the teams we change them to 4v4 teams.
BUT
i prefer 3v3 cause its easier arrange the matches.

Average player rating? Has it ever gone into negative figure??? ;) I will be happy to make numbers up if needed. Not fair to put me on someones team if not though! :mad:

Sounds like a great idea DJ! Lookng forward to some quality ROFL moments whilst speccing!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

just read this!

i literally never ever play UT but whenever i do on random occasion (like once every 3 months) i still play fine, so i will signup as a backup if required !

only will play if u need me too!

/Champ`

xxx

ill sign even if rules stay like this...
but tbh id rather have launches, more teamplay, less teams, and make the event 4v4
imho 3v3 is the worst setup
6v6>5v5>4v4>2v2>1v1>3v3

It's interesting largely because it's hardly ever played. It changes attacks and defense to soething totally different to the typical pug, so we might get some surprise results. Comms and positions will win it I think. It'll be good fun, trust me! :chainsaw:

6v6>5v5>4v4>2v2>1v1>3v3

Nice u signed html.
THe thing is html is that we play WITH rox and hammer launches + test room. Not without.
This will make the defenses and attacks more interesting as useless say we usually dont play with hammerlaunches 3v3.

If one team is slightly more fragwise this can easily be evened out with 1 launch with good coms.
If its with hammerprotection on its more important with even teams as its all comes down to ur frags.

THis will make it interesting it teams will be OK trust me. ANd as i said html we play 3v3 as its easier for ppl to arrange the match. Otherwise 2 more ppl will need to be online at the same time. Thats whats bin problems with all tourneys in the past with 5v5 6v6.

I dont agree with u about the 6v6 is the funiest and 3v3 is the most boring. Diffrent to every player. Each player has it own thoughts. urs looks like that cause ur more of a launcher than a fragger. I think 2v2 by far is best gameplay. Most tactical and fragwise.
For me it looks like this. For me 5v5 is the worst really.

2v2>3v3>4v4>6v6>5v5>1v1

Status
Not open for further replies.