• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ice

Oct 15, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
instaled the game. installed patch 2225. everything fine about 50-60 fps with high details.

installed epicbonuspackone fps 20-25

:mad:

lol same ere but i got 50-60 after epic bonus pack and as much as 120 before :/

the unreal tournament ini is different try and change it a bit :P

also
UT2003 Software Renderer for 2225

Epic has released a Software Renderer for it's first-person shooter, Unreal Tournament 2003. The renderer uses RAD's Pixomatic software to allow gamers with low-end computers to play Unreal Tournament 2003. Details on how to use the renderer can be found on the Unreal Technology Website.

More info: http://unreal.epicgames.com/

worked for me .. saw it on uta forums and thought lets copy it over for the non-assaulters

someone else posted that ages ago try that ice :)

and btw nice comment about deadly :rofl: really liked it!

:D glad you liked it

tried the new renderer although i actually shouldnt need it, but it gives me 10 fps :eek:

ill just reinstall UT2003 now, because i want the same graphics and fps as i had in the beginning. but i really wonder what was changed to drop the fps by 50% :(

not even reinstalling fixed it. i just want the same fps as before the patch.... ill just flame at epic forums until i get what i want. :o

Last edited:
Is the reduced fps on all maps after the bonus pack install or is it just on the maps that were in the bonus pack??

It was well known that maos like Injector, IronDiety and Icetomb have MASSIVE fps issues due to the sheer number of static meshes in them.

I am the same, get excellent fps on most maps, but average on those ones. But that's the same with UT aswell is it not?

Been playing UT2k3 since it came out. Personally I think it's a better game than UT.

DM is DM, just a lot faster then UT99's DM.

Personally when it comes to normal weapons, Double Dom is my fav, but I've stopped playing nw now and am concentrating of iCTF.

its also on the "old" maps :(

on dm-antalus i get about 30 frames in most places, compared to 60-70 before :\
i cant even get to the old fps when i turn everything off and down.

but yes, the new maps are especially bad.

i set everything to low and resoultion to 800x600 now and get about 50 fps on most maps. maybe people with similiar specs can post their fps :cool:

ill post a screenshot :soon:

Last edited:
I sold my original copy (after being inactive in ION) to buy a bus pass for uni :lol:

Just bought it again and started playing it yesterday, altho I'm uber rusty it's still a really good fun game I think, all the boost dodging stuff is hard so there's still an almost fair learning curve from ppl coming from UT or Q3.

I tried the ROAR AS mod last night, dunno why ppl aren't playing it, really fun I thought.

hm forums being a bit strange atm, this is what i wanted to add to my previous post, but it wont let me edit:

or mabbe not, attachment system wont let me upload...bitch :P
anyway it was the spot in dm-antalus, near the small lake or whatever you may call it. up the lift, looking at the tree. 49 fps there.

i had it for a while the weapons are crap imo
only played online once

i thought about buying it again now i got better pc

asked in my local game shop if they had a copy they said they hadnt had shipment in since christmas:lol:

The weapons are crap statement always confuses me?

In what way are they 'crap'?

I mean, all the players on the server get access to the same ones? So the rocket launcher may shoot faster and do more splash damage than the UT one, but it doesn't make it 'crap' does it?

Would it not be fairer to say, that it makes it different?

@Munkz

Yeah, totally agree there m8, learning to Boost Dodging and the likes can deffo be fun. Even better when you can use it in game at the right time to leave a defender wondering how the fuck you made it onto that higher ledge :)

i deleted the ut2003.ini to set everything to default (thought that was done with reinstall already o_O), god knows why but i got the same settings and my fps are back. thanks all for your suggestions! :)

btw "weapons are crap" thats funny. in UT1 they all said "flak is too spammy, rocketlauncher with 6 loaded rockets is WAY too much, secondary shockball is too fast" :lol: now its changed and guess what, they all moan again :D no ofense its your own opinion and i accept it, but i cant understand it

the weapons in unreal 2 are alot more balanced fun and different than ut2k3

what a shame its not online:P

of course everyone is entitled to their opinion:D and some will love the changes for ut2k3

but for me they werent changed enough or just made plain worse the new sniper rifle coming off the worst

the only one i thought was improved was the flak cannon

the shards in the normal shot dont fire in such a wide arc as ut making it more of a skill/aim weapon

Yeah »ION« are currently #1 in the the clanbase international iCTF ladder.

We also just won the Wireplay League aswell.

thx for the comments, I'll pass it on to the team.

slimshady said:
the weapons in unreal 2 are alot more balanced fun and different than ut2k3
so true, u2 weapons r brilliant, especially if u compare em with ut2k3 ones, take sniper for example :drool2:
i would add word original to that list also, quite difficult to achieve nowadays i guess

and i agree with other points slim made as well, maybe rl aint 'crap' but for me it seems far too effective compared to other weapons

congratz to ion :thumb: