2v2 Up For Registrations

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Crazy Squirrel

<b>***** *****istrator</b><br>Keeper of the BOOM S
May 28, 2001
London, UK
2v2 is now up and accepting registrations, hopefully we'll start allowing games within a week.

http://www.utassault.net/ladder2v2/

To create a pair click on "Sign Up/Join Team" on the above page. You will then be asked to sign in (use your normal player account) so that you can create a pair. You can put in aliases you want to be known by on the signup and when submitted you just need to wait for your future partner to sign in (in the same way) and confirm it.

Arse and Ghost will be admining it. It's still being tweaked, Bugs&Suggestions to arse or post em here.

cool, 2on2 league is back :D nice work :thumbs:

but cant we use another moving-up-the-ladder-system, like the 1 (eol calculator or summit) they use in clanbase. a new joining clan gets 1000 points and gain more points when they beat the number 1 then the number 100 for example. ive never seen a clan go under 600 points or so in clanbase or... :rolleyes:

it reflects better which teams are better OVERALL then in this system where the number 1 spot can be taken by a holding zone team in 1 victory...

just a start of an idea ;)

tr00 :nod: spoke to arse about it and he said it wasnt his idea :D

Originally posted by Farac|ÐÏ˧ËL
tr00 :nod: spoke to arse about it and he said it wasnt his idea :D

lol just cos it wasn't my idea doesn't mean I think it's wrong :P In fact judging from my experience because it's not my idea it has a fighting chance :D

One of the big problems with the old league was that Arse teams who lost all the time made the range of points vast. That's OK for the teams at the top because it becomes easier for them to stay there. But it does make it v hard for a team to work there way up from the bottom if they enter the league l8 on.

With the ladder the top team will have to keep winning to stay there. If they lose they move down. Once they are moved down they are free to challenge the team that took the top spot (once they have played anothe match).

The ladder system shoukld make the table far more dynamic and will hopefully lead to a few upsets.

Role on the day Arse & Scrote jump from the bottom to the top in a 4-0 owning of K-Dawg & McNeil. :P

Question about the no hammer rule.

Does that mean your just not aloud to hammer your team and your aloud to hammer yourself, or no hammers full stop?

Originally posted by Hugh(_I_)Jarse

Role on the day Arse & Scrote jump from the bottom to the top in a 4-0 owning of K-Dawg & McNeil. :P
Rather than the day when they join at the bottom when they draw with another HZ clan :rolleyes:
I dont think me and Wint will be signing up again :nono:

Originally posted by Bahamut
Question about the no hammer rule.

Does that mean your just not aloud to hammer your team and your aloud to hammer yourself, or no hammers full stop?

No hammer launching, but you can hammer jump.

Also "Impact Hammer Launch Protection" should be running as a mutator to prevent Hammer Lauching, part of LeagueAS.

If you can beat the top pair then you should be classed as better them shouldn't you? This system shows how you are performing at the moment. Points systems show how you are currently performing and how you performed in the past, and if you don't have much of a past then it'll take a while to get anywhere, several wins against 1st place for example.

Comparing it to say Division1 in stdAS. If a new clan gets promoted and is much better than mi5, beating them (and everyone else) every game then it has to make up for all mi5's points they've stored up over the previous months, which will take ages...or a points reset - and we all love points resets :P.
Pretend mi5 turned crap and lost all their remaining games for the year... they would still finish top. Why? Not because they are good, but because they were good. Not changing the league scoring as it does work well in divisions, except the top places where theres no where to go.

This ladder is about whats current, not whats happened in the past. So it won't get old, no complex points algorithms to get your head round, and will keep you on your toes to hold on to your rank.

i wouldnt say a team is better when they beat u 1 time
a score of 1000 wins and 0 losses would be sick... teams cant win all games and in 2on2 games a fuckup is made very easily.
but when u loose 1 game and win 1000 ud drop a place cuz u loose 1 game, thats a bit unreal if u ask me.

well, hope it works out well like this :)