2 new admins!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avalanche said:
about amb... no offense m8, but shouldn't someone who is for a longer time than "1year-something" part of this league get an admin position? just my 2 cents :o

gl both tho
Hmmm, there is a lot to learn about this league as a player ...

1. This is a league.
2. The game is UT 99 Assault
3. You play in a team of 6
4. 4 games a month

I reckon most people can pick that up in a year :nod:

There is also the Nonagon :bowdown: (cept no bugger seems to understand it)

Nah, Avalanche ... 1 year is plenty of time to get the point and shouldnt be a problem. If he was only here 6 weeks then definately it would be a problem, but a year is a helluva long time and more than enough time to have been through the usual number of problems as a player and understand the basics of how the league works.

Herewith you are sentenced to a penalty harsher than any imprisonment: the admin job.
May god have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: Moon
my point is not just the amount of experience an admin got, but this should get considered also. imo its embarassing if an admin doesn't know what a server dispute is... yea well, i had to explain it... recently :spit:
.. just this as an example, there's a lot of stuff and details in rules an admin should know

but another more weighting point i wanna bring up with that is.. i'm sure there are ppl around in league who are here since 3-4 years+, who are willing to do it, who have applied... maybe even more than once, and those get rejected to rather pick someone who's still a bit half-baked
@mughi: i haven't said he wouldn't be able to do the job as well as anyone else... but its unfair towards these ppl, just that's what my critisism is about

Ava I think you will find its not only what a prospective admin knows before hes accepted but also how well he is perceived to interact with people, how available he is and also how well and how willing they are to learn. There are plenty of people in this league that have been around as long as I have yet I have to explain various simple rulings and procedures to them still. Its easier to teach a person something than to change the way they act, in the end its the existing admins decision as they are the ones that have to work with them, whether they go by their qualifications or their ability to work with them is upto them.
Bear in mind also that decisions are not solely taken by a single admin, its usually an admin team that makes important decisions, so the knowledge of one person is usually not that important when many people are looking at resolving a situation but more important is the fact that there are no arguments within the team.

[Ambiorix] said:
that's includes me aswell then ;)
Cos i'm here for 3 years now. :D

i'm in for 3 1/2 years approx. and u joined waaay later i think :P
i think it was around that time where psy disappeared, wasn't it?

now i know, your psy's reincarnation :lol:

@mym: ok sounds not bad at all, u convinced me at last :D

Status
Not open for further replies.