2 heavy blows against pirates

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
First the pirate bay got sold:
http://www.thelocal.se/20364/20090630/
key sentence: GGF said in the statement that it wanted content providers and copyright owners to get paid for content downloaded from The Pirate Bay, which is currently free of charge and does not pay copyright fees.

Second Blizzard blames the pirates for.... no LAN support in Starcraft II:
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/starcraft-2-blizzard-responds-to-lack-of-lan-support/
key sentence: So, let it hereby be noted that pirates killed the LAN parrrrrty.

I'm kinda sad :/ wonder if this is the start of many changes or not.
I already planned to buy sc2 but the sale of tpb, even if it wasn't the best torrent site out there, is really the loss of a big symbol for the whole "pirate" community.

We'll see what happends from there, what are you guys thoughts on the issue?

Pirates kill Lan support? Thats one off the biggest BS stories I've ever heard!!
Lan gaming is essential for pc games imho!!

it makes sense I play a game sometimes with Squirrel (Company of Heroes) with a shitload of protection but we still get to play together via the lan emulation program called hamachi, there are many other games you can bypass that way, still play over the internet (with other people) just not on the official servers and also of course, the hamachi way means its free

Couldn't care less about TPB. They try to be center of attention all the time eventho they got nothing to do with the scene.
Also P2P is strongly hated by most scene groups, so it's pointless to go against all those P2P sites, P2P programs and what not. As long as the internet exists piracy will also exist. Even without the internet people would just send Blu-rays with their files to their friends.
If they really wanna "stop piracy" they gotta put 24/7 surveillance on everyone that buys the software/movies/music and send a SWAT team if they do illegal stuff with it! Oh and let's not forget to brainwash everyone after they've listened to the music, since people might be able to reproduce it!!! /omg

And I can only laugh at blizzard's attempt at anti-piracy with StarCraft2 - removing the LAN support. :lol: I bet that in a week or 2 someone will have released a server emulator for the battle.NET so you can play it on LAN. It's no different from having private WoW servers. :rofl:

(online) Simulated-LAN does get used alot to play pirated games online... and removing LAN-support from any game would kill that option
however, blizzard servers (in this case Battle.Net) can be simulated as well

piracy-is-not-theft.png

edit:
piracy-is-not-theftreally.png

pirnotheft.jpg

Last edited:
Er let's not forget that most slavery was sponsored by legitimate king/queen/government/landowner/otherrichpeople.

Mind you, same for piracy so long as they got their share of the gold.

This is just another example of the big people against the little people. All music/media companies can fo and die as far as I'm concerned. We need to get back to what is real and stem the flow of the crass crap that they produce with the view of making x million amount of £$. 99% of it is just bs.